Points of Required Attention™
Acmlmboard 2 Released
Github/GIT | @acmlmboard | IRC: #abdev
Chatting Places
IRC: #kafuka | Discord

Affiliates
Super Mario Bros. X | Kuribo64
Views: 5,428,376
Main | FAQ | IRC chat | Memberlist | Active users | Latest posts | Calendar | Stats | Ranks | Online users | Search
08-22-18 01:20 AM
Guest: Register | Login

0 users currently in The Kitchen Table (Role Play Forum) | 1 guest

Main - The Kitchen Table (Role Play Forum) - The Field of Dreams
Next older thread

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Kawa
Posted on 11-15-14 10:32 PM Link | ID: 78542
Retired Staff

Not okay
Prophet of Celestia
Level: 85


Posts: 1936/2422
EXP: 5868688
Next: 29852

Since: 01-01-12
From: The Netherlands

Last post: 20 days
Last view: 16 hours
Ani grins a wide, sharp-toothed grin, takes a bite of its own plum, and takes a particularly shiny green one.


Trelior
Posted on 11-16-14 05:52 AM Link | ID: 78562
Global Moderator
Kafuka's resident sack of shit
Level: 110


Posts: 3677/4394
EXP: 14338639
Next: 70247

Since: 01-02-12
From: Brookville, PA

Last post: 20 days
Last view: 2 days



Zissou looks up at the falling golem in the sky above them. "Perhaps we should do something." He says at length, "I fear I do not have an answer to this conundrum that does not involve the destruction of the machine." Scratching his nose, he continues, "We should devise a solution, then make haste in divining the whereabouts of Master Zarik."

Behind the counter, Caionna slowly works at her cleaning. She seems entirely disinterested in the activity of Ani and Ech0, as if distracted by something.


Youtube | Twitch | Stream Archive




ek_0
Posted on 11-16-14 10:40 AM Link | ID: 78574

Purple Leever

Level: 27


Posts: 90/213
EXP: 115830
Next: 329

Since: 11-02-14
From: Earth

Last post: 1093 days
Last view: 1019 days
Ech0 sits back down quietly after failing to say the word. "Well I feel like an idiot... I'm just gonna ... sit..." Ech0 trails of shyly towards the end of the sentence and then sits silently waiting for something relevant to him to happen.

ゼンガー・ゾンボルト
Posted on 11-17-14 05:41 PM (rev. 3 of 11-18-14 03:04 AM by ゼンガー・ゾンボルト) Link | ID: 78608

Fire Brother
My name is Sanger Zonvolt. I am the Sword that cleaves evil!
Level: 127


Posts: 3409/6115
EXP: 23533360
Next: 193206

Since: 01-04-12
From: Sweden

Last post: 23 min.
Last view: 14 min.
Bel: Well, I was kinda leaning on destroying it anyway. Due to it being a machine it's not inclined to change its behaviour, and we can't really reprogram it either. Even if we could, it'd probably be booby-trapped.

Bel scratches his chin for a while while thinking of what to do.

Bel: Actually, I think I'm gonna drop it. You might wanna brace yourself since the extra weight and the fact that it's reached terminal velocity will make the collision massive. They'll probably feel it in the tavern aswell.

Bel grabs his rod and gestures with his hand towards the portals to make them disappear. Then he uses telekinesis to increase the golem's falling speed even more.

Bel: Hold on to your butts.

____________________
There is nothing that can stand against my Zankantou!

My youtube channel
FFRK Brotherhood

Phyresis
Posted on 11-18-14 07:30 AM Link | ID: 78628
1490?!
Level: 36


Posts: 278/392
EXP: 303860
Next: 4250

Since: 06-11-14

Last post: 1035 days
Last view: 1021 days
Adel slipped the small artifact into his bag as the group made their way out.

As Bel warns the other two, Adel has another idea.

"You... can't just make it crash somewhere way over there?" Adel states, pointing off in some direction, thinking about the whole portal thing. "Shit. This is gonna hurt. I'm... gonna step back. A lot. I can't really do a whole lot about that thing and I'm expecting something a little seismic."

Immediately, he runs as fast as he can, back toward the tavern. Unfortunately, he won't be making it, but if he were to, he would have gotten under the nearest table and warned the others to brace for impact.

ゼンガー・ゾンボルト
Posted on 11-18-14 03:50 PM Link | ID: 78631

Fire Brother
My name is Sanger Zonvolt. I am the Sword that cleaves evil!
Level: 127


Posts: 3412/6115
EXP: 23533360
Next: 193206

Since: 01-04-12
From: Sweden

Last post: 23 min.
Last view: 14 min.
As Adel stutters through his suggestion Bel quickly summons another portal below the falling golem and one more a fair distance further away from its current falling trajectory, but not so far that it'd be out of sight.

Then he flies off into that direction, stops at just about the same distance they were from the golem in the first place and just hovers in the air.


____________________
There is nothing that can stand against my Zankantou!

My youtube channel
FFRK Brotherhood

SapphireBlaze
Posted on 11-18-14 03:52 PM Link | ID: 78633

I may or may not be back to life.
Level: 48


Posts: 364/661
EXP: 786583
Next: 36960

Since: 10-09-12
From: 51.41277327819231 0.7888535549864173

Last post: 333 days
Last view: 332 days
"Oh fun. Gimme a sec to do something" Sapphyre proceeds to climb on top of the shed, jump off and starts hovering in the air with his lightning powers. "Okay, now do it."

____________________

Trelior
Posted on 12-10-16 02:02 AM Link | ID: 94979
Global Moderator
Kafuka's resident sack of shit
Level: 110


Posts: 3978/4394
EXP: 14338639
Next: 70247

Since: 01-02-12
From: Brookville, PA

Last post: 20 days
Last view: 2 days



The room is dark. Naught a sound can be heard anywhere.

All of a sudden, a green portal bursts open on the wall of the tavern and Zarik steps through with a rather large rucksack. With a backhanded wave, he shouts through the portal, "Hey! Thanks again for the stuff!"

A gruff voice calls back to him, "No problemo, Z! Take care!" and a large belch is heard just as the portal closes

Dropping the bag, there is a noticeable puff of dust fly up from the floor. With a cough and a few labored sneezes, Zarik calls out, "Geez, Cai, whatever happened to your occasional--" stopping mid-sentence, he notices something is amiss and finishes his jesting sentiment at length, "... Dusting?"

Taking a deep breath, and subsequently coughing from the still airborne dust, he says, "Well fuck, I step out for a few minutes and it looks like the place has, I dunno, stalled out for..." scanning the room, assessing the dust, "Two years?"

Running to what would appear to be the manager's office, he mutters to himself, "Now what did she say to do when this happens?"

Rustling through an uncharacteristically jumbled mess of pages on Caionna's desk, he finds a button labeled IN CASE OF TEMPORAL INTERRUPTION and presses it.

Suddenly, everything bursts back to life and the lights come on as if nothing was wrong in the first place. Out in the main hall, things can be heard suddenly crashing to the ground as the patrons who weren't shunted back to their respective worlds reanimated and hit the floor.

Caionna, naturally, is one of the first to come to, and vocalizes, "That is the first time things have stalled and took me with it..." Curious how things righted themselves, she inquires, "But how did things get fixed?"

Not wasting any time, Zarik bolts back out to the main hall, passing by Caionna quickly, he quips "Hey sis, it broke again!"

Grabbing his bag of stuff and bolting out the door before she can say anything, he makes his way back toward his workshop. Seeing his security robot in pieces on the ground, he spots Zissou, Bel, and company and cries out in disbelief, "WHAT IN THE FUCK DID YOU GUYS DO TO MY STUFF!?"


Youtube | Twitch | Stream Archive




ゼンガー・ゾンボルト
Posted on 12-10-16 03:46 AM Link | ID: 94980

Fire Brother
My name is Sanger Zonvolt. I am the Sword that cleaves evil!
Level: 127


Posts: 4491/6115
EXP: 23533360
Next: 193206

Since: 01-04-12
From: Sweden

Last post: 23 min.
Last view: 14 min.
Bel takes a few moments regaining consciousness, but not before falling to the ground, flat on his back with a slight thud. Another few seconds trying to sit up, he notices his limbs being awfully stiff and aching, making it hard to move.

(Ugh. Why do I feel like I have rheumatism all of a sudden?)


Bel: Gah. My...everything hurts. What happened?

Looking around, still sitting down trying to stretch his limbs to get rid of the stiffness, Bel spots Zarik running towards them. (Huh. When did he come back? And more importantly, where did he come back from?)

Bel: Well. Look who's back. At least we don't have to head off to who knows where to try and find you now. As for your stuff, we didn't do anything in your workshop except borrow some small piece of whatever to see if my scrying could find you. Of course, that involved getting past your guard dog. What did you build that from, anyway? Thing barely knew how to break.

____________________
There is nothing that can stand against my Zankantou!

My youtube channel
FFRK Brotherhood

Trelior
Posted on 12-10-16 05:12 AM Link | ID: 94981
Global Moderator
Kafuka's resident sack of shit
Level: 110


Posts: 3979/4394
EXP: 14338639
Next: 70247

Since: 01-02-12
From: Brookville, PA

Last post: 20 days
Last view: 2 days



Utterly flabbergasted, Zarik just spits and sputters angrily for a moment before grasping his forehead with his left hand and tucks his other hand behind his elbow, the bag on his shoulder slumps down and the handle hooks in his folded elbow. With an audible frustrated growl, he shakes his head.

He mutters to himself, then exclaims, "I didn't realize I had to ask permission to visit a friend in the next dimension over! I was going to make a few adjustments to the Guardbot, but you guys had to activate it and beat it beyond submission!" Slumping to his knees, he yells, "IT WAS NEARLY FINISHED!"

In anger, he punches the bag and hits one of the larger, denser components in it and it makes and audible thump. Recoiling from the punch, he shakes his hand, then grabs his wrist, shouting, louder, "OW! FUCK!" He then proceeds to flip the now grounded bag as if it was a table. Standing, he kicks the bag and mutters to himself with varying coherence. The clearer words he spouts are various swears and bitching about his wasted trip and varying degrees of cursing out the, in his words, "Goddamn demolitions crew, ruiners of dreams."

Picking up the bag, he pushes his way though into the workshop. Assessing the mess made by the landing of the trashed robot, he takes a deep breath, walks back to the door and shortly, and angrily says, "My stuff. You took. Give. NOW!" and holds out his hand.

All the while, Zissou stands with his lips pursed, unsure how to respond to the situation. He had hardly the time to dust off from the impact of the crash landing before Zarik appeared and flew off the handle. Silently, he motions with his hand to pick up the items that were taken by Adel and Sapphyre (OoC: For the sake of it, let's just say they dropped them since neither are here to post about it) and shuffles them toward the angry one. Learning toward Bel, he says, "Never before have I seen a man's rage break so thoroughly."

Inside, Cai turns her head in the general direction of the workshop with an audible creaking sound. Flatly, she says, "Wow..."


Youtube | Twitch | Stream Archive




ゼンガー・ゾンボルト
Posted on 12-10-16 10:06 AM Link | ID: 94982

Fire Brother
My name is Sanger Zonvolt. I am the Sword that cleaves evil!
Level: 127


Posts: 4492/6115
EXP: 23533360
Next: 193206

Since: 01-04-12
From: Sweden

Last post: 23 min.
Last view: 14 min.
Bel (sounding slightly annoyed): We were worried about you, jackass! It certainly didn't help that it looked like someone had detonated a bomb in the tavern after your "disappearance". If anything, it looked like you had been abducted. I was going to see if I could borrow something small from your workshop to help with scrying. The others just came with me. And your bot activated itself as soon as we opened the door. We didn't do a thing. And it looks like distinguishing friend from foe hadn't been added to its programming yet.

Bel dispels whatever item he had borrowed and returns it.

Bel: I could help gathering raw materials for rebuilding it.

____________________
There is nothing that can stand against my Zankantou!

My youtube channel
FFRK Brotherhood

Trelior
Posted on 12-10-16 11:14 PM Link | ID: 94984
Global Moderator
Kafuka's resident sack of shit
Level: 110


Posts: 3980/4394
EXP: 14338639
Next: 70247

Since: 01-02-12
From: Brookville, PA

Last post: 20 days
Last view: 2 days



"WORRIED ABOUT ME?" Zarik yells, snatching his belongings from their levitation in front of him. Reaching into his pocket, he pulls out a cell phone-like device and says, "It's not like it's hard to get a hold of me! She can check Spacebook or Four Dimension! My shit updates automatically with what dimension I'm in and what place I'm at! Whether I want it to or not!"

He turns to take his trinkets back into his workshop, muttering "Worried about me... What the fuck. I'm a grown-ass adult. I don't need a fucking babysitter. Least of all my little sister."

Zissou furrows his brow and begins to say, "I do not believe she--"

Zarik bellows from inside the workshop, as if knowing the supposition was coming, "Don't even try to say she doesn't have a phone! I made sure I made one for her! She can't even blame a dead battery because I designed it to be chargeable by channeling aether to it!" After a pause, he adds, "If she lost it, it's probably on the unholy fucking mess of a desk she keeps!" apparently unaware of the irony, given his selfsame disorganisation.


Youtube | Twitch | Stream Archive




ゼンガー・ゾンボルト
Posted on 12-11-16 01:13 AM Link | ID: 94985

Fire Brother
My name is Sanger Zonvolt. I am the Sword that cleaves evil!
Level: 127


Posts: 4493/6115
EXP: 23533360
Next: 193206

Since: 01-04-12
From: Sweden

Last post: 23 min.
Last view: 14 min.
Bel shakes his head and mutters.

Bel: Tch. I wonder what he needs more. A nice pounding or a taste of real danger. See if being grown up helps then.

He starts walking towards the tavern and leisurely signals anyone else outside to follow him.

Bel: Let's leave Mr. Personality to his own foul mood in there. Getting into the tavern just a tad more forceful than he usually does, the wizard can just barely heard muttering something about "Wondering if I shouldn't have dropped the bot on the workshop instead...". He walks straight to the bar, uncorks a bottle of wine and pours it into a glass. Then he takes a sip from the glass and turns to Caionna.

Bel: Know of any place where we could exchange that lousy mood of his?

____________________
There is nothing that can stand against my Zankantou!

My youtube channel
FFRK Brotherhood

Trelior
Posted on 12-11-16 01:48 AM Link | ID: 94986
Global Moderator
Kafuka's resident sack of shit
Level: 110


Posts: 3981/4394
EXP: 14338639
Next: 70247

Since: 01-02-12
From: Brookville, PA

Last post: 20 days
Last view: 2 days



Caionna shrugs and says, "He seemed alright until he went outside. He left in a hurry, so I couldn't tell if he was mad." After a short pause, she asks, "Why? What's wrong?"

Zissou shakes his head and responds, "He seemed none too happy about the measures we took to get into his shop to find something to look for him."

Cai then gives a solemn nod and questions further, "Where was he anyway?"


Youtube | Twitch | Stream Archive




Robbie Rage
Posted on 12-11-16 09:34 PM Link | ID: 95005

Cape Mario
Kafuka's Resident Paladin
Level: 95


Posts: 138/4885
EXP: 8619004
Next: 49603

Since: 11-22-16
From: New Jersey, USA
Status: Not even mad.
Since: 2001

Last post: 4 days
Last view: 4 days
For the briefest of moments, a portal opens up at the top of the room, dropping a figure clad in silver armor and a blue cloak. The figure seems to twist in midair in an attempt to land on it's feet, only to crash to ground with a thud.

"Ow... I'll feel that one in the morning." the figure says, stretching his arms and legs out while attempting to get back to his feet. He is a man with a rather large brown beard who begins looking around the room, taking in it's inhabitants.

"Heh heh, I can tell I'm going to like this place already!" he says. "Allow me to introduce myself. The name's Moxley Windham, Paladin of The Silver Flame, at your service."

Moxley briefly bows, then quickly rights himself. "I was informed that this place has been rather...busy lately. Who might you all be?"

Kawa
Posted on 12-11-16 10:44 PM Link | ID: 95008
Retired Staff

Not okay
Prophet of Celestia
Level: 85


Posts: 2163/2422
EXP: 5868688
Next: 29852

Since: 01-01-12
From: The Netherlands

Last post: 20 days
Last view: 16 hours
Between statements, a faint snoring can be heard from somewhere inside the ceiling. Somewhere, but not exactly close to where Moxley appeared from.


Trelior
Posted on 12-11-16 11:20 PM Link | ID: 95011
Global Moderator
Kafuka's resident sack of shit
Level: 110


Posts: 3982/4394
EXP: 14338639
Next: 70247

Since: 01-02-12
From: Brookville, PA

Last post: 20 days
Last view: 2 days



Caionna shrugs and says, "I dunno about busy. It's been kinda quiet lately." Deliberately not mentioning the fact that the unstable nature of the world caused things to halt. "Anyway, it's nice to meet you, Moxley."

Zissou nods cordially and says, "Pleasure to meet you, young man." his eyes narrowing as he catches the faint noise of the snoring,

--Out in the workshop--

Zarik grunts gruffly as he attempts half-assedly clean things up... At least to make it resemble the chaos it used to be in. Learning against the wall and knocking against it with his head, he laments, "That robot was nearly finished, and now I'm never going to get it done." Letting out an exasperated sigh, he continues, "Not by myself, at least."

Peering around the room after finally stopping the head pounding, he ponders, "I wonder what Aren's up to... Maybe I can rope him into helping me rebuild." Gazing out the window at the pile of scrap, "Or maybe clean it up at the very least."


Youtube | Twitch | Stream Archive




Robbie Rage
Posted on 12-11-16 11:59 PM Link | ID: 95014

Cape Mario
Kafuka's Resident Paladin
Level: 95


Posts: 142/4885
EXP: 8619004
Next: 49603

Since: 11-22-16
From: New Jersey, USA
Status: Not even mad.
Since: 2001

Last post: 4 days
Last view: 4 days
Moxley resists the urge to raise an eyebrow to Caionna's statement, knowing that something had indeed been going on before his arrival. As long as the immediate danger was not present, he thought, there was no need to dig at the moment. Instead, there were more pressing matters at hand.

"So, this is a tavern, right? Who does a guy need to speak to to get an ale around here?" Moxley says as he begins looking to the ceiling to determine the source of the snoring...

ゼンガー・ゾンボルト
Posted on 12-12-16 06:00 PM (rev. 3 of 12-12-16 06:22 PM by ゼンガー・ゾンボルト) Link | ID: 95017

Fire Brother
My name is Sanger Zonvolt. I am the Sword that cleaves evil!
Level: 127


Posts: 4495/6115
EXP: 23533360
Next: 193206

Since: 01-04-12
From: Sweden

Last post: 23 min.
Last view: 14 min.
Bel: Visiting a friend in another realm, apparently. I can only assume that whatever portal he opened to get there had some backlash on this dimension given how the place looked when I got here. Or, might have.

It probably didn't cause that time-freeze, though.

The wizard is on his way to the nearest sofa when a portal appears in the ceiling, pretty close to where he was going to pass. He takes a step back to allow who or whatever opened it to land safely. Or in this case, fall.

Bel can't help but snicker a bit when the paladin falls through. He allows for the new arrival to get up and introduce himself before he heads over to the sofa.


Bel: My name is Belgarion and I am a wizard. Quite a...graceful entrance you made there, Moxley. I assume we don't have to be so formal here as to refer to eachothers last names.

As for the ale, it should be behind the counter over there. Bel says and nods in the general direction of the bar.

Bel: Just be careful not to knock any other bottles over. Armors aren't usually that flexible.

____________________
There is nothing that can stand against my Zankantou!

My youtube channel
FFRK Brotherhood

Robbie Rage
Posted on 12-12-16 11:40 PM (rev. 2 of 12-12-16 11:40 PM by Robbie Rage) Link | ID: 95021

Cape Mario
Kafuka's Resident Paladin
Level: 95


Posts: 145/4885
EXP: 8619004
Next: 49603

Since: 11-22-16
From: New Jersey, USA
Status: Not even mad.
Since: 2001

Last post: 4 days
Last view: 4 days
"Oh, don't worry," Moxley says, making his way behind the bar. "This armor of mine is plenty flexible enough. Besides, I have no intention of harming the precious cargo back here!"

Moxley picks up a nearby stein and carefully pours himself an ale. He takes a tip before looking around the room.

"While I'm back here, anyone want anything?" Moxley says. "Bel? Snoring person? Anyone?"
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17


Next older thread
Main - The Kitchen Table (Role Play Forum) - The Field of Dreams


Acmlmboard v2.5.4 (8/04/2018)
© 2005-2018 Acmlm, Emuz, et al.

Page rendered in 0.137 seconds. (1035KB of memory used)
MySQL - queries: 221, rows: 610/650, time: 0.080 seconds.