Notings of Attention™
Acmlmboard 2 Released
Github/GIT | @acmlmboard
Chatting Places
Discord

Affiliates
Super Mario Bros. X | Kuribo64
Views: 8,953,185
Main | FAQ | IRC chat | Memberlist | Active users | Latest posts | Stats | Ranks | Online users | Search
03-29-24 09:17 AM
Guest: Register | Login

0 users currently in AcmlmBoard Developer Zone | 1 guest | 4 bots

Main - AcmlmBoard Developer Zone - I'm not back but just wanting to let you know
Next newer thread | Next older thread

Scrydan
Posted on 07-08-13 02:45 AM Link | ID: 34602
Normal User
Scryforce - A place that still exists. Neat.
Level: 86

EXP: 5934105
Next: 208002

Since: 07-18-12

Last post: 745 days
Last view: 727 days
I have been on and off for the last half year. Before this post, I lasted visited over 110 days ago or something like that. Mostly due to irl stuff and to be honest, a terrible loss of interest. There are a few reasons for this loss of interest but I'll not get into too much of it. I just want to apologize for all this build up I had on many and for being a bit snappy towards the end with my last few posts. First and foremost, I took on a lot more than I should have. Not only have I initiated a huge code clean up, major group and permission changes, and many implementations, I was also not too used to the method of having it up to date with git. Thus over time many problems piled up and the initial burst of determination died. As of now, pretty much most of what I have developed is not live nor in that git I am imagining.

Now I am going to state that my chances of returning back are very slime to none. If I am needed because you want to make code I developed work then I'll go ahead and do so. I am still willing to work to at least let 60% of the code this live version has yet to see come and be implemented. (Yes, most of what I actually developed isn't even live.) Heck, I got some new code that would totally blow away the old I developed so many months ago.

In either case, none of the time I spent felt wasted at all. It was fun and for a brief moment I was developing for someone besides myself. I learned some things here and there as well as being much more skilled with queries. If only you seen the SQL I developed that would have converted this database into 2.6. Talk about page long queries that would eat your heart and soul.

The best part is that none of the code I developed is going to waste either way. DB 2.0 (or some name pending 1.0) is taking a lot of my group structuring and permission ideas and take them to the next level. I am not sure if I incorporated group moderators in AB 2.6 but they are one such addition and this new tiered level of permissions for a group. For example, I can get a group to have its group moderators moderate a forum and not the members. Such uses for group only forums that have its moderators and owners moderate its own forum. Other such things include group notes, comments, etc.

While I may be done with developing for this board, I am definitely not done with PHP. lol
So if for some reason you want to check out what I have been working on, give me a PM and I'll show you how my new site is coming up.
I guess that's all I have to say about that. Perhaps a lot of my ideas may have not been destined to be implemented here but nonetheless the journey of my coding goes on as well as my story trilogy.

Next newer thread | Next older thread
Main - AcmlmBoard Developer Zone - I'm not back but just wanting to let you know

Acmlmboard v2.5.5 (10/04/2020)
© 2005-2024 Acmlm, Emuz, et al.

Page rendered in 0.027 seconds. (763KB of memory used)
MySQL - queries: 51, rows: 468/502, time: 0.024 seconds.