Notings of Attention™
Acmlmboard 2 Released
Github/GIT | @acmlmboard
Chatting Places
Discord

Affiliates
Super Mario Bros. X | Kuribo64
Views: 8,952,340
Main | FAQ | IRC chat | Memberlist | Active users | Latest posts | Stats | Ranks | Online users | Search
03-28-24 05:47 PM
Guest: Register | Login

0 users currently in The Officer's Club | 1 bot

Main - The Officer's Club - Kinda desperate situation
Next newer thread | Next older thread

Elemi
Posted on 02-25-14 03:35 PM, in (rev. 3 of 05-06-16 12:10 AM by Elemi) Link | ID: 50223
Normal User

Jejfjsiejrjntnyns8fujrtnjs8f7eibrbtudiwie
Level: 37

EXP: 319865
Next: 18388

Since: 01-05-12

Last post: 1597 days
Last view: 132 days
Herpaderp

Nicole
Posted on 02-25-14 04:00 PM, in (rev. 2 of 05-06-16 01:06 AM by Arisotura) Link | ID: 50224
Administrator
Goddess of the Apocalypse
Level: 199

EXP: 111221565
Next: 1915519

Since: 01-03-12

Last post: 229 days
Last view: 229 days
5849 4467 2
I have to admit, were I in this situation I would continue to stay at home without question... a few summers ago I was under a lot of family pressure to get a job but didn't have one, and had a plan to get out of my family's house in the fall, and stayed through that- it does, however, seem like your family is much more aggressive against you than mine was, so it's not directly comparable.

I know situations like this are quite stressful, so it is important to find some way you can back up and look at the wider picture in a calm setting... if separating from your family and going to the bed and breakfast is the only way you can do that if might be worthwhile, but I'd be concerned about treating that as a permanent option...

Elemi
Posted on 02-25-14 04:21 PM, in Link | ID: 50225
Normal User

Jejfjsiejrjntnyns8fujrtnjs8f7eibrbtudiwie
Level: 37

EXP: 319865
Next: 18388

Since: 01-05-12

Last post: 1597 days
Last view: 132 days
Posted by Nicole
I have to admit, were I in this situation I would continue to stay at home without question... a few summers ago I was under a lot of family pressure to get a job but didn't have one, and had a plan to get out of my family's house in the fall, and stayed through that- it does, however, seem like your family is much more aggressive against you than mine was, so it's not directly comparable.

I know situations like this are quite stressful, so it is important to find some way you can back up and look at the wider picture in a calm setting... if separating from your family and going to the bed and breakfast is the only way you can do that if might be worthwhile, but I'd be concerned about treating that as a permanent option...

The reason my family are so angry towards me is because this time last year I was in the same position, except I got a job then, at one of the two full time employers I mentioned, only I was foolish and thought that things wouldn't get bad again, that was until I lost the job and realised I spent all the money I earned on things like computer stuff and steam games and had no intention to save for emergencies or any kind of backup, plus I thought back then I could just get out of being asked to leave like all those times before, but it's all different this year, and I think for the sake of my own morality I need to get out and get somewhere to stay by myself otherwise I'm going to go a bit mad, and betting all my hopes on this caravan thing is also a big mistake.

And anyway, all the B&Bs are in town, town is where jobs are and flats are, if I were in a B&B and declaring I'd be homeless otherwise maybe the council would be inclined to offer me room somewhere in that town, in which case things would be alright for a time.

But again, that's a big lot of 'if's and 'then's.

Emuz
Posted on 02-26-14 02:43 AM, in Link | ID: 50385
Site Administrator

11 Hit Combo:
Mother's Rosario
Level: 108

EXP: 13210832
Next: 309667

Since: 12-30-11

Last post: 115 days
Last view: 17 hours
I think that if you are in an excessively stressful environment that effects everything. While I would only consider 'leaving without a safety net' an extreme case, I can relate.

I would say if you decide to leave, please before you do anything make sure you are going to be safe. At least the UK seems to have a good social safety net. If you can stick it out with your parents, I think you should until you have either solid place to stay, or you reach the breaking point. It's too bad your parents don't get by putting excessive pressure on someone it doesn't lead to more results.

To sum: Be safe, if you go, make sure you have a sure place (if possible), and yet if it gets too much at home than don't get trapped either.

Hope this is all coherent at 10pm...

The Dynamic Profile Administrator™

"Never Knows Best"
Note: if you can see this my layout broke. ALL THE CREDITS WILL BE REVEALED!!
'Victory Noriko' by @thatsheepagain.
'Chibi Dance Noriko' by @Haru__Kitsu.
'Deity's Night Out (Featuring Gabbie)'
by @thatsheepagain
Noriko Emotes by @Haru__Kitsu.
Side Bar Noriko by @thatsheepagain
'Noriko's Nature Walk' by @projectTiGER_
Emotive Noriko by @thatsheepagain.
"Space Candy Noriko" by BerryVerrine.
"Super Sharp Noriko" by Xionfes.
A gift illustration from the wonderful EverKinzPony!
"Magical Girl Noriko" by @cute_hospital!
"Patient Chibi Noriko" by @Ruii_ki!
'Dapper '60s Noriko' by @thatsheepagain.
'Shiny Chibi Noriko' by @inioli.
'Flower Veil Noriko' by @Sushiee_.
'Noriko in Realism' by @_Sarybuu.
'Noriko's Midnight Adventure' by @projectTiGER_
'Yukata Noriko' by @yunyunmaru_
'Birthday Wishes Noriko' by @thatsheepagain

Next newer thread | Next older thread
Main - The Officer's Club - Kinda desperate situation

Acmlmboard v2.5.5 (10/04/2020)
© 2005-2024 Acmlm, Emuz, et al.

Page rendered in 0.050 seconds. (779KB of memory used)
MySQL - queries: 84, rows: 511/545, time: 0.041 seconds.