Notings of Attention™
Acmlmboard 2 Released
Github/GIT | @acmlmboard
Chatting Places
Discord

Affiliates
Super Mario Bros. X | Kuribo64
Views: 8,952,793
Main | FAQ | IRC chat | Memberlist | Active users | Latest posts | Stats | Ranks | Online users | Search
03-29-24 05:50 AM
Guest: Register | Login

0 users currently in The Officer's Club | 1 bot

Main - The Officer's Club - Stress.
Next newer thread | Next older thread

Lili~ ♥
Posted on 08-05-14 02:41 PM, in Link | ID: 72031
Normal User
Queen Lesbian of Kafuka
Level: 159

EXP: 51557884
Next: 252873

Since: 01-06-12

Last post: 2726 days
Last view: 1249 days
So I was at the doctor for a check-up, specifically an endoscopy. I've been told that everything is fine with me and my symptoms are entirely stress induced.

That's got me thinking. I've really been thinking and worrying too much about all kinds of things lately and that hasn't done my health any good.

For example, my life. I had no idea how it would go in the future, I'm always detesting living with my dad and lock myself in my room, wishing I can someday move out. Even though realistically, I know exactly I'd be overwhelmed with having an own apartment.

I'm also thinking way too much about school. Will it go well? Will I like it? Or will I be completely overwhelmed by either the school times or the topics? Should I just quit school altogether? These things always go through my head and stress me out.

Another source is of course Gywall. I always eat lunch super fast and run off straight away so I can catch her before she goes to lunch herself. My biggest fear is not being there when she needs me, so I spend every day at home checking the IRC window and don't allow myself to actually do stuff I want to do.

The doctor's right, that amount of stress isn't good to me. It doesn't help that I'm awful at handling stress to begin with. A full-time job is enough to make me collapse within two days; yes, this has happened to me. I should really relax and free my mind. Thinking about it, I probably need some extended vacation. If only my various appointments allowed for it. But I can't cancel them because an appointment's an appointment and I've commited myself to them and that just leaves no time for vacation.

Sigh. I really need to calm down a bit. I bet I'd be happier afterwards once I've got all that stress sorted out. If only I knew how.

Epele
Posted on 08-05-14 02:50 PM, in Link | ID: 72032
Site Administrator
The Sorceress.
Boing~

Level: 235

EXP: 200193458
Next: 1732434

Since: 01-01-12

Last post: 814 days
Last view: 5 hours
Don't go worrying about me. You need to put your own needs first sometimes, or actually.. a lot more.

Find yourself some kind of hobby and stick to it. Everyone likes different things, I like gaming as a hobby. Some people like reading, writing, exploring nature or even sports. Go find yourself something to indulge yourself in, away from life's worries.

The world could always use more heroes!

Squiddy
Posted on 08-05-14 02:54 PM, in Link | ID: 72033
Banned
Unspecificed Cooling Off Period. Be Safe
Bisexual Empress of the Stolen Title?
Level: 142

EXP: 34676374
Next: 292055

Since: 07-17-13

Last post: 3180 days
Last view: 3087 days
You see, I also need help with getting rid of stress too. I have anger issues and I also suffer from depression. I tend to procrastinate, which causes stress.

What I do know is that stress is bad for health. For example, stomach ulcers from stress. I too have fantasies about doing stuff like how you want to have your apartment. But what do you know! I'm very lazy to do stuff, even if I have motivation. This is how all of my failed projects were never started. Hopefully, I will be able to get off my lazy ass and start the Super Mario Sunshine level editor soon.

So the best thing to do is to try to manage your activites and not procrastinate. If you want to do something, go ahead, but don't let it overwhelm you. ;)

Nicole
Posted on 08-05-14 02:57 PM, in Link | ID: 72034
Administrator
Goddess of the Apocalypse
Level: 199

EXP: 111227815
Next: 1909269

Since: 01-03-12

Last post: 230 days
Last view: 229 days
7666 4468 2
I know for me that my stress decreased dramatically the more independently I lived, and the more in-control of myself I feel. I'm not sure if that applies to you, but keep it in mind if living independently is a big fear- it was for me, but it really improved my situation there.

In the end the best thing I can say is to just think to yourself that whatever happens will happen then, and to focus on the present. (It might also be helpful to find some way to communicate with Gywall via text messaging or some equivalent, so that she could contact you when you're out?)

Next newer thread | Next older thread
Main - The Officer's Club - Stress.

Acmlmboard v2.5.5 (10/04/2020)
© 2005-2024 Acmlm, Emuz, et al.

Page rendered in 0.042 seconds. (770KB of memory used)
MySQL - queries: 77, rows: 508/542, time: 0.031 seconds.