Notings of Attention™
Acmlmboard 2 Released
Github/GIT | @acmlmboard
Chatting Places
Discord

Affiliates
Super Mario Bros. X | Kuribo64
Views: 8,952,295
Main | FAQ | IRC chat | Memberlist | Active users | Latest posts | Stats | Ranks | Online users | Search
03-28-24 03:51 PM
Guest: Register | Login

Main - Posts by K.T.B.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

K.T.B.
Posted on 09-22-18 01:39 AM, in New member introduction thread! Link | ID: 140590
Normal User

Shyguy

Level: 22

EXP: 52090
Next: 6260

Since: 01-02-15

Last post: 1311 days
Last view: 460 days
Hey guys. I'm getting back to the whole forum thing lately and I decided to finally give this place a serious shot. I'll just copy what I said on Jul:

Saying I'm "new" here is a little dishonest -I've known of Acmlm's Board and the earlier incarnations of this site for years- though when I first discovered this community I was way too young to really understand what was going on. I grew up lurking on i3 and Board 2 and the like anyway without ever registering, but I ended up becoming far more active on SMW Central (which is where you most likely would know me, if I'm already not a total stranger to you). SMWC as a community however has kind of (really) been going downhill lately so I think it's about time to migrate.

Anyways, there are a few names I vaguely recognize reading and seeing around many moons ago, but the people/community here are mostly new to me so a few things about myself: I'm a dude named Kevin, I'm currently 17 and in my final year of American high school, and I know Italian. I love math and science. And history. And reading. I'm into everything, really. Not exactly a gamer anymore but I still enjoy VG discussion every now and then.

Here's to hoping I fit in around here, but that shouldn't be too unlikely I think :)

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER
FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM

K.T.B.
Posted on 09-22-18 01:50 AM, in Least favorite month of the year? Link | ID: 140592
Normal User

Shyguy

September. Always the hardest part of the school year for me as it takes me a bit of time to get settled in and be used to all of my classes. The current year in particular (high school senior) for me has been the hardest since I'm taking 5 college-level classes.

Waaake me up wheeen September eeends

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER
FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM

K.T.B.
Posted on 09-22-18 01:51 AM, in This was posted from Internet Explorer 6 on XP Link | ID: 140594
Normal User

Shyguy

So... does this mean the fact that I'm typing this from Chrome on Windows 7 mean I'm inferior to all you retro dudes? >_>

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER
FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM

K.T.B.
Posted on 09-22-18 01:55 AM, in Ask KTB Link | ID: 140596
Normal User

Shyguy

I'm generally not the biggest fan of "AMA" threads, but this forum seems to genuinely be really active, and everyone's got a thread, so....why the hell not. And this way, you guys get to ask questions to a totally new person in this community who is unbiased, has no pre-made notions of the community, and someone who you guys know nothing about anyway!

Here goes. Ask whatever you want and such.

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER
FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM

K.T.B.
Posted on 09-22-18 02:14 AM, in New member introduction thread! Link | ID: 140600
Normal User

Shyguy

Oh really? Do you frequent other sites? I certainly have never posted on this board before.

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER
FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM

K.T.B.
Posted on 09-22-18 04:13 AM, in Ask KTB Link | ID: 140612
Normal User

Shyguy

Posted by Danika
Knuckles the Bunny? When did Knuckles become a Bunny instead of an Echidna? ^_~

I mean, I've only actually been reading the posts here for a day and already I've noticed the bunny obsession around here, so it was probably only a matter of time before even Knuckles fell victim to it.

What attracted you to Kafuka?

Was it me????

Silly answer: Obviously, anyone named Nicole is like a magnet to me honestly . . . <_<

Real answer: I've already known for a few years that this was one of the more active descendents of Acmlm's Board, and I pretty much grew up with the original Acmlm's. It just seemed kind of fitting that I would finally end up making a few posts here, I suppose.

On that note, maaybe I'm wrong, but I vaguely remember there having been a pretty prominent person on the older versions of Acmlm's back around like 2006 or so named Nicole as well, are you the same person? If so I do believe that this is an honor.

first time making an ask thread? I dunno if they do that on SMWC.

I guess I was just never bored or cared enough to make one in the past. As for the rest of SMWC, back in late winter 2007 I recall there was a brief trend where a bunch of Ask threads popped up from the moderators and such, but it stopped there. And then I believe a couple years back a few regular user made threads like that, which prompted more people to make them until the entire forum was flooded with "AMA" threads that no one was even really asking questions in anyway. So yeah, I always had rather negative impressions with them.

haven't checked it in years for that matter. how's everybody doing?

Could be a lot better to be honest. I really hate how much people unnecessarily toot SNN's horn but honestly it really does seem like he was pretty much the only person competent enough to keep the site together. Ever since he permanently resigned three years ago the whole community has been gradually falling apart, from the decision to make moderation so lenient that now people can make unfunny threads all the time, to the recent hiring of new staff members that don't at all clash well with the other staff's moderation styles (there's been a lot more drama lately as a result of this too).

Though I suppose all that really doesn't matter anymore anyway- the forums themselves are pretty much dead now outside of the hacking forums, and while they keep telling themselves it's because "everyone's moved to the Discord", I'm in that and it certainly isn't any more active than the board. I hope I don't sound like I'm antagonizing the place too much, but it just makes me a little sad how much one of the places I spent most of my childhood on is devolving. *end rant*

If there were a newbies club for people who first started posting this month, what should it be called?

Would it be composed of the very coolest people on Kafuka???

It should be called the "KTB AND RAMBLY ARE AWESOME, SHOWER THEM WITH FAME AND MONEY" club. And yes, it would be composed of the coolest people.

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER
FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM

K.T.B.
Posted on 09-22-18 03:05 PM, in 1-Letter Swap Link | ID: 140644
Normal User

Shyguy

Do it so I can BEND my brain to think of some questions for you :P

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER
FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM

K.T.B.
Posted on 09-22-18 03:06 PM, in Say something about the above user! Link | ID: 140645
Normal User

Shyguy

I'm gonna say that the above user is not a terribly huge fan of "cute catgirls and bunnygirls".

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER
FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM

K.T.B.
Posted on 09-22-18 04:05 PM, in Ask KTB Link | ID: 140649
Normal User

Shyguy

Posted by Danika
Isn't Nicole just a really cute name? :P

Absolutely, I don't know a single girl IRL named that who isn't utterly adorable >_>

If you were going to ask yourself a question, what would you ask yourself?

I would ask myself to come up with some good questions. A paradoxical answer, no?

what was it like growing up with Acmlm-related communities, especially being mostly an observer at a young age?

I dunno, I'm not really sure how to answer "what was it like" questions because feelings are never easy to describe in words. It was a pretty dang long time ago too, so my memory is really hazy... My earliest memories of the internet come from when I was about 5; Youtube was still relatively new, but I didn't discover it until a holiday visit with the family a few months later. My much older, much nerdier cousin showed it to me and all the videos on it. I was obviously too young to be able to fully grasp it for a while, but I guess it must have still interested me enough anyway because when we got back home I began kind of obsessed with the computer and spent a lot of time screwing around with the internet on my WinXP machine.

Miraculously, my family didn't care or even really moderate what I was doing on there. My father was a really skilled engineer who works with computers so he was always able to immediately solve the problem whenever I messed up and accidentally installed a virus or something, so neither of my parents really cared what I did on there. When I stumbled onto Acmlm's, I begged them to let me have an account but for some reason actually letting me register on sites was where they drew the line. I never disobeyed them either, I'm the kind of person who's so obedient that I still click out of webpages when there's an "18+ only" warning so for the longest time I was just a lurker.

That still doesn't really answer your question though.... Hm. I'd say it was a pretty cool experience. Although I wished I could've participated, I still enjoyed reading whatever threads that weren't too difficult for my 7-8-year-old self to understand, and as a result I have a lot of great memories from those times. Not just from AB, but from the rest of the internet in general as well. I remember having witnessed first-hand a lot of amazing internet moments; that whole Loss comic thing, the SA thread that spawned my favourite Youtube channel ever (Retsupurae), the drama string that resulted in the AB splits, the Pewdiepie vs. Slowbeef incidents... When I was like 12 or 13 I went back and re-read a lot of older threads too from the archives when I could actually "get" them a lot better and that was loads of fun as well. It's kind of hit-or-miss though. Although I enjoyed having known about all this, I can't ever really make jokes about them or reference them with my IRL friends because none of them would get the jokes or just think I'm being too much of a geek :P. And if I try to talk about them with older users who did have a lot more experience with them, if they know my age they just sort of assume I'm just a dumb kid who's trying too hard to fit in despite not knowing what I'm talking about. So yeah, it's not really something I like to bring up too much outside of threads like this.

Do you think it's been easier for you to have an unbiased perspective on things?

I never really thought about that, actually. If anything I would've assumed it makes me MORE biased since I used to spend most of my free time on these sites, but I guess it is true that I'm really not afraid of criticizing even those places I used to love, so...shrug.

Did you ever go to Sonic Retro?

Yeah, I went there a few times to read about various projects going on there like the Sonic Robo Blast games, and various disassembly threads intrigued me, but I didn't spend a lot of time on that site since I'm not that much of a Sonic fan. I might have registered an account there, but I haven't used it in years.

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER
FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM

K.T.B.
Posted on 09-22-18 04:07 PM, in you fools! this is neither released by nor under license from sega enterprises! Link | ID: 140650
Normal User

Shyguy

Quoted from another thread:

I vaguely remember there having been a pretty prominent person on the older versions of Acmlm's back around like 2006 or so named Nicole as well, are you the same person?

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER
FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM

K.T.B.
Posted on 09-22-18 04:29 PM, in you fools! this is neither released by nor under license from sega enterprises! Link | ID: 140655
Normal User

Shyguy

What was your username back then?

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER
FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM

K.T.B.
Posted on 09-22-18 04:50 PM, in Ask KTB Link | ID: 140658
Normal User

Shyguy

Born ready.

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER
FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM

K.T.B.
Posted on 09-22-18 05:55 PM, in Ask me things lol Link | ID: 140664
Normal User

Shyguy

Have you heard the new song that was just released for the Switch version of Undertale?

Also, how's life been with you my dude? We haven't spoken in ages.

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER
FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM

K.T.B.
Posted on 09-22-18 06:21 PM, in Ask KTB Link | ID: 140667
Normal User

Shyguy

Posted by Epele
What time is it now?

2:07 EST, but it'll probably be at least 4:00 by the time I finish writing this.

[Quote]How's your day been so far?

Pretty good. I'm waiting to see a play right now.

Do you have any regrets?

I guess I regret not putting more effort into school back in like 7th grade, but even that's a bit of a stretch because I'm still in a good position now.

[Quote]Is your bed spring or foam based?

Spring. Are purely foam beds even a thing? o_O

[Quote]Desktop or Laptop?

I hour actually use internet for longer than an hour without needing to restart on my desktop, so that.

[Quote]Favourite season of the year?

Winter, it's tradition to play SimCity SNES and Puzzle Bobble then. :P

[Quote]Coca-cola or Pepsi?

I don't drink soda, so both of those taste exactly the same to me. I'm serious, I took a sip from each back-to-back and I wouldn't be able to tell them apart.

[Quote]Favourite weather conditions?

Rainy when I'm inside, something about it is so relaxing. I like it sunny when I'm out though because I just like to relax in the forest just down the street.

[Quote]Would you rather live by the beach, or in a rural area?

Beach. I love the sound of waves.

[Quote]Trains or Buses?

Trains, because atmosphere.

[Quote]Cats or Bunnies?

Cats are cuter, but I can't say I don't love Irisu.

[Quote]What's the best rainbow?

Double.

[Quote]What's in the news right now?

Brett Kavanaugh

[Quote]Do you prefer the day or the night?

Day, so I have a reason to not be in bed.

[Quote]Rock or Pop?

No preference actually

[Quote]Most embarassing fail?

Uhh.. Other than maybe a quiz or two when I was little, I don't generally fail things. Hm.

TO BE CONTINUED

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER
FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM

K.T.B.
Posted on 09-23-18 04:10 AM, in what did you catch so far? Link | ID: 140688
Normal User

Shyguy

I just caught a Nurse. I didn't realize Silent Hill characters were Pokémon :P

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER
FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM

K.T.B.
Posted on 09-23-18 04:10 AM, in i don't know what to title this thread: updated semi-yearly Link | ID: 140689
Normal User

Shyguy

How did you discover this place/decide to join/etc?

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER
FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM

K.T.B.
Posted on 09-23-18 04:22 AM, in What are you listening to right now? Link | ID: 140691
Normal User

Shyguy

Obligatory September song

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER
FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM

K.T.B.
Posted on 09-23-18 04:25 AM, in Say something about the above user! Link | ID: 140692
Normal User

Shyguy

Above user has a creepy avatar, period.

Above user wishes that translates to "Ku-Tie Bae".

That totally describes what I am, so that would fit!

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER
FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM

K.T.B.
Posted on 09-23-18 11:13 PM, in Say something about the above user! Link | ID: 140791
Normal User

Shyguy

Above user is GOALS for having a significant other that also happens to be an Acmlm's Board user. Lucky them >_> <_<

Uh... and if Katelyn's profile picture is actually a photo of themselves then the above user is VERY lucky. Dang.

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER
FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Main - Posts by K.T.B.

Acmlmboard v2.5.5 (10/04/2020)
© 2005-2024 Acmlm, Emuz, et al.

Page rendered in 0.081 seconds. (816KB of memory used)
MySQL - queries: 194, rows: 511/541, time: 0.059 seconds.