Notings of Attention™
Acmlmboard 2 Released
Github/GIT | @acmlmboard
Chatting Places
Discord

Affiliates
Super Mario Bros. X | Kuribo64
Views: 8,954,331
Main | FAQ | IRC chat | Memberlist | Active users | Latest posts | Stats | Ranks | Online users | Search
03-29-24 12:07 PM
Guest: Register | Login

0 users currently in General Forum | 4 guests | 19 bots

Main - General Forum - Newer On Piano Project!
Next newer thread | Next older thread

Skiaak
Posted on 12-27-15 07:18 PM (rev. 2 of 12-27-15 07:45 PM by Skiaak) Link | ID: 88457
Normal User
Newcomer

Level: 7

EXP: 1075
Next: 373

Since: 01-01-15

Last post: 2760 days
Last view: 2759 days

Main Information

This is a project to transcribe/arrange all, if not most, of the songs featured in Newer Super Mario Bros. Wii to a piano score. You could associate this as like a sort of "reboot" of the original Newer On Piano Project by LifeMushroom and kinoko. You can always view the original project by LifeMushroom and kinoko here.

Where do I download the PDFs and MP3s of this project?
You first have to visit the YouTube video. Then, you navigate to the comments section and there you will see the download links to download the PDF and MP3 files.

Is your MP3 file high quality?
Yes. It is encoded with LAME at 320 kbps using TAudioConverter.

Are the MP3 recordings of a real piano?
No. They were rendered using a soundfont called Keppy's Steinway Grand Piano version 3.07 Damperless 10sec release. You can get the soundfont for free on Keppy's website at http://keppystudios.com.

How did you render the MP3?
Download a software called Keppy's Spartan MIDI Converter from his site. It works very well, but only on piano MIDIs as I have tested. You can render them as WAV or OGG (currently), and then to convert them to MP3 I used TAudioConverter.

Where are these files hosted?
Newgrounds.

What program did you use to create the piano simulation?
I used Piano From Above 1.10 (Windows) by Brian Pantano. You can always download it for free (it is freeware) from here.

What did you use to record your computer screen?
Bandicam.

HOW THE HECK do you even visualize 128 keys in Piano From Above and enable FPS in PFA?
Hack Piano from Above by editing some data in your %appdata% folder. Try searching up what you want with YouTube, Gingeas (a black MIDIer) has plenty of helpful tutorials on YouTube regarding this sort of matter.

What did you use to edit the video?
Windows Movie Maker. Not really good, but the best freeware movie editor for Windows that there probably is. If not, tell me, I WANT TO KNOW!!!

How does the video have like NO LAG AT ALL?
I slowed the MIDI to a 1/4 of its original speed in Piano From Above and recorded it at 60 FPS, 100 Q, 192 kbps, H.264 Intel QuickSync Video etc. You might think, well its 240 FPS then, isn't that like, erm...unnecessary? Well, my Surface 3 computer COMPLETELY SUCKS, with 2 GB RAM only and some other bad tech specs I can't even mention, even my phone has more RAM and more... This step was completely necessary to produce a NO LAG video with my computer, but may not be necessary for you if you have a good computer. Test it out and see for yourself.

If you have any more questions about this project, please feel free to PM me, post a quick comment in my comment box if it is a quick/short question, or post in this thread if you feel like the question pertains to this entire community. Enjoy. :(

Contributing

How can I contribute/help out with this project? What can I do? You can always help out with the project! If you would like to be a permanent member of this project, feel free to PM me. Otherwise, you don't need to be a permanent member to contribute to this project. Just feel free to, again, PM your .MID/.MIDI or .PDF files or something, and you'll be listed on the arranger column next to the respective song. Any help would greatly be appreciated, thank you. And as a special message to LifeMushroom and kinoko: I already got your contributions on Ninsheetmusic, thanks, I'll be adding them to the list here later.

Introducing DIFFICULTY RATINGS!

So, what is difficulty ratings, you might ask. Its pretty self explanatory, actually. Each song will be rated from a scale of 1 to 6, based on the Geometry Dash ratings of Easy, Normal, Hard, Harder, Insane, and Demon, just cuz I like that game. So, how does this work? Basically, this rating is specific to what the people rate it as. To rate it, send me a PM/post a profile comment or on this thread your rating (1 to 6) and the song it applies to. Please do make sure you have played the song yourself on a piano first, or at least given a thorough look at the PDF file. Spam ratings (at my discretion) will be completely ignored like it was never there. Thank you. :)

Song Chart

This is the current table of completed songs. More will be added as they are completed. I will try to complete as many songs as possible, so stay tuned and check (daily/weekly/monthly) whatever. To get notifications when new songs are completed, try subbing my YouTube channel so you get email notifications when new songs are released. Have fun playing. Keep in mind also, a compilation of all songs in Newer in one big PDF file (sort of like a book) may be made if all the songs are completed. :)

Note: This list is ordered in alphabetical order.

SongYouTube VideoDifficulty RatingComposerArranger
World 2 - Rubble RuinsClick hereNot rated yetCubySkiaak

Undertale CORE 265K Notes (Black MIDI) | Undertale Asgore 240K Notes (Black MIDI)

Next newer thread | Next older thread
Main - General Forum - Newer On Piano Project!

Acmlmboard v2.5.5 (10/04/2020)
© 2005-2024 Acmlm, Emuz, et al.

Page rendered in 0.169 seconds. (770KB of memory used)
MySQL - queries: 54, rows: 493/526, time: 0.162 seconds.