Notings of Attention™
Acmlmboard 2 Released
Github/GIT | @acmlmboard
Chatting Places
Discord

Affiliates
Super Mario Bros. X | Kuribo64
Views: 8,952,577
Main | FAQ | IRC chat | Memberlist | Active users | Latest posts | Stats | Ranks | Online users | Search
03-28-24 08:17 PM
Guest: Register | Login

0 users currently in The Officer's Club | 3 bots

Main - The Officer's Club - A Note of Sincere Thanks (3)
Next newer thread | Next older thread

Robbie Rage
Posted on 11-22-16 08:18 PM Link | ID: 94399
Normal User

Boomerang Brother
Fueled by Board Nostalgia and Old Memes
Level: 128

EXP: 24194104
Next: 187596

Since: 11-22-16
Since: 2001

Last post: 696 days
Last view: 100 days
Apologies in advance if this gets a bit long winded or is not in the proper forum, but today is a happy day, and I feel that I must share this story of mine.

While I'm sure nobody here recognizes my name, I was actually a regular poster on the first incarnation of Acmlm's Board many years ago under a different name (sometime in the early 2000s if I had to guess). A longtime friend from high school originally introduced me and some of our mutual friends to the board, and it became a staple of our online presence at the time. The creative layout and RPG stat elements were the first things to catch my eye. Later on, I later grew to love the Sim-Battle Arena and Story Forums, and it was one of my first forays into the world of creative writing. It was simple, a bit crude, and so much fun.

Over time, my school friends all began going inactive as we began graduating and other priorities began taking over. I still lurked and occasionally posted all through the second incarnation until some personal matters came to pass, one of which being far more terrible than I ever expected.

Years later, it was brought to my attention that the same school friend who introduced me to Acmlm's Board long ago, a guy who posted under the names Trunxy and Jin Dogan, unexpectedly passed away in a swimming accident. After he died, it felt like a huge chunk of childhood innocence was gone. His memorial in the subsequent days was the last time all of our real life "Acmlm friends" were all together.

Years later, in a fit of nostalgia, I dug up thousands of my old posts from the old board's archive. They were super awkward to the moon, but it was a wonderful time capsule to a far simpler era in my life. During my search to chronicle what happened to the board, I eventually stumbled onto this Kafuka board, having no idea it existed for all this time. I was shocked and quite glad to see that many users from those years were still around and posting today. I immediately created an account, and here I am.

I don't know how much I'll be posting here in the future (certainly not as much as when I was in junior high), but at the current moment I'm just glad that the Acmlm style of forum posting, along with the people that made it great, still continues today.

To Acmlm, the staff, and all those from those earlier incarnations, I sincerely thank you for the part you played in some very fun years, no matter how small your part may have been. Thanks for continuing to live the fun posting experience, and I look forward to whatever comes next.

Next Jen
Posted on 11-23-16 06:36 AM Link | ID: 94414
Normal User
Trudging Scribe
Level: 88

EXP: 6511167
Next: 139497

Since: 08-04-12
Acmlmn' Since: 2001

Last post: 1552 days
Last view: 1302 days
Wow, I remember Trunxy. Sorry to hear of his passing.

ゼンガー・ゾンボルト
Posted on 11-23-16 02:33 PM Link | ID: 94427
Normal User

Roy Koopa
My name is Sanger Zonvolt. I am the Sword that cleaves evil!
Level: 153

EXP: 45189485
Next: 133919

Since: 01-04-12

Last post: 1030 days
Last view: 994 days
I'm familiar with the Jin Dogan alias. Sorry to hear of his death.

My youtube channel
FFRK Brotherhood

Robbie Rage
Posted on 11-26-16 05:37 PM Link | ID: 94616
Normal User

Boomerang Brother
Fueled by Board Nostalgia and Old Memes
Level: 128

EXP: 24194104
Next: 187596

Since: 11-22-16
Since: 2001

Last post: 696 days
Last view: 100 days
Found out a neat little fact today. The old high school Trunxy / Jin Dogan and I went to held a fundraiser memorial soccer game a couple days ago.

As it turns out, the students, alumni, and families raised over $3000 in scholarship money for the students in his name. It was a good day. :)

Next newer thread | Next older thread
Main - The Officer's Club - A Note of Sincere Thanks (3)

Acmlmboard v2.5.5 (10/04/2020)
© 2005-2024 Acmlm, Emuz, et al.

Page rendered in 0.039 seconds. (768KB of memory used)
MySQL - queries: 78, rows: 491/523, time: 0.032 seconds.