Notings of Attention™
Acmlmboard 2 Released
Github/GIT | @acmlmboard
Chatting Places
Discord

Affiliates
Super Mario Bros. X | Kuribo64
Views: 8,952,320
Main | FAQ | IRC chat | Memberlist | Active users | Latest posts | Stats | Ranks | Online users | Search
03-28-24 04:45 PM
Guest: Register | Login

0 users currently in The Kitchen Table (Role Play Forum) | 1 guest | 1 bot

Main - The Kitchen Table (Role Play Forum) - Onward for a Friend!
Next newer thread | Next older thread

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

ゼンガー・ゾンボルト
Posted on 01-12-17 09:21 AM (rev. 2 of 01-12-17 12:08 PM by ゼンガー・ゾンボルト) Link | ID: 96053
Normal User

Roy Koopa
My name is Sanger Zonvolt. I am the Sword that cleaves evil!
Level: 153

EXP: 45188741
Next: 134663

Since: 01-04-12

Last post: 1030 days
Last view: 994 days
Bel: I may have something. There's no guarantee for success, though.

Bel chants in Elven language once again, while pointing at the large demon with his right index finger. His hand is surrounded by a dark, greenish and slightly smoke-like aura that concentrates at the point of his finger at the end.

Finger of Death

A dark green beam shoots from Bel's finger and zooms through the air towards the large quadrupedal demon. Just as it fires, an almost unnoticable smoky skull-formation forms around Bel's finger. It vanishes again in the blink of an eye.

My youtube channel
FFRK Brotherhood

Trelior
Posted on 01-13-17 04:37 AM Link | ID: 96077
Normal User

Level: 127

EXP: 23536318
Next: 190248

Since: 01-02-12

Last post: 1233 days
Last view: 1233 days
The demon takes a considerable amount of damage from Moxley's touch, but all it does is hiss and snap at Zarik again, this time managing to catch him in the shoulder of his sword arm.

The apparition from Bel's spell has no effect on its mark. The creature doesn't even flinch or acknowledge anything happened.

Zarik sucks his teeth in pain when the monster bites him and he drops his sword. With a harsh metallic clatter, it hits the floor. Angrily, he bashes the demon in the face with his shield and retreats behind Moxley while it's dazed. "Gonna need you to pick up aggro, pal," as he tries attempts to heal his wounds with his rudimentary conjury. "Life's refreshing breeze, blow in energy! --Cure--!" He winces in pain as the wound tries to mend with the power of wind.

Zissou turns his attention to the Miqo'te and assess the wound. Shaking his head he says, "This does not look good."

Zarik grunts and replies, "I thought it only grazed me. Guess not."

Zissou nods and says, "Aye, let me try something." laying a hand on the wound, he begins to focus.

The Bibliolater isn't stunned for long before it attempts to advance toward Zarik and Zissou. Though Moxley if it has to.

Selene attempts to aid Zissou in his focus.

Robbie Rage
Posted on 01-13-17 04:48 AM Link | ID: 96078
Normal User

Boomerang Brother
Fueled by Board Nostalgia and Old Memes
Level: 128

EXP: 24193441
Next: 188259

Since: 11-22-16
Since: 2001

Last post: 696 days
Last view: 100 days
"Oh no you don't, big fella!"

The massive demon is still stunned a bit from the Lay on Hands attack and the onlsaught from the others. Moxley's muscles begin to crackle with divine energy and he continues to hang on, as he begins to shift his weight.

"Get ready everyone...I'm gonna suplex this thing!!! Be ready to attack it's underside when I drop it!"

Moxley's body glows with channeled divinity as he prepares to slam the stunned demon. He grabs the beast by the neck and shoulder, and begins to lift...

"Silver Flame Suplex! RUUUUAAAAAAAAAAGGGHHHH!"

ゼンガー・ゾンボルト
Posted on 01-13-17 10:57 PM Link | ID: 96082
Normal User

Roy Koopa

(Badbadbadbadbaaad! I guess I'm gonna have to go in close aswell. No choice. All three of them may very well be sitting ducks if that suplex fails.)

Bel takes out his sword again and holds it with both hands. He concentrates and closes his eyes. IN a few moments, the contours of his body starts to emit a white light. The light isn't just for gathering energy but it's also uncomfortable for anything that'd count as unholy. In another few moments, the gather reaches its peak and is signaled by subtle rays of pure light reaching out from Bel in all directions. The sword also glows white now.

He lifts the sword up and holds it stright to the right of him. Another sword starts to appear at the opposite end of Bel's and in the end a split image of Bel has appeared, but different. This one has a white robe with silver runes where Bel has golden ones. His hair-color is on the opposite spectrum of Bel's. Bel (both of them) points the swords towards the large demon.

Bel (both): It's demon-killing time. Grand Cross!

Both of them are off with a start that makes them disappear from sight for a very brief period. They re-appear running side by side, switching positions in the same manner they began the attack. (Think of the vanishing and re-eappearing in DBZ). They make it to the demon quickly and seemingly disappear, creating one afterimage of each of them. Then Bel appears above the demon, but still in angle to slash at its belly. (provided Moxley's suplex succeeded).

Bel: Eat it! The wizard shouts and and makes a powerful downward slash. At the same time, his clone dashes in from the right and makes a leftward slash as he passes the demon. The attack makes a glowing cross of holy llight appear and linger for a few seconds (burning the demon in addition to the already serious slash wounds. The cross also applies more pressure in the direction of the demon. At least for unholy beings. Imagine the air pressure being very low but a lot worse. Sort of a repellent feeling.

The double mages jumps back to a safe distance and the clone disappears. Bel's sword stops glowing too.

My youtube channel
FFRK Brotherhood

Trelior
Posted on 01-14-17 03:34 AM (rev. 2 of 01-14-17 05:26 AM by Trelior) Link | ID: 96088
Normal User

Moxley only partially successfully suplexes the monster. Getting so far as to flipping it on its back before it sweeps his legs with its tail. This happenstance provided just enough time to allow Bel's combo to go off handily. The Bibliolater, cut in twain, lay motionlessly for a moment before reverting to a book and immolating.

"Huh, go figure I get disabled and you guys stop dicking around," Zarik snarks, holding his shoulder, "Gotta say, though, it was neat seeing you do a dual tech with yourself, Bel."

"Hush," Zissou barks, finishing his focus, "Now this may hurt a bit, but considerably less than the pain you're currently experiencing." He says as a burst of light erupts from his hands. --Lustrate--

The light engulfs Zarik's enire right arm, his shoulder, and most of his torso. There is audible snapping and popping coming from the injured area of the knight. With one final pop, he exclaims, "Ow! Motherfucker!" then the light fades.

Zissou takes in a deep breath and holds it for a moment before exhaling audibly. Shaking his head, he grumbles, "Must you insist on using profanity?" With a sigh, he instructs, "Try moving your arm. It should be good as new now."

Following the old man's directions, Zrik braces his shoulder with his opposite hand and rotates his shoulder easily with full range of motion. Going to pick up his sword, he retorts, "Oh fuck you, you know I do. It's kinda what I do." Looking up the staircase on the southeastern edge of the platform, he shakes his head and says, "Gonna need you guys to stop messing around now. That could have gotten nasty." He then walks up the stairs.

ゼンガー・ゾンボルト
Posted on 01-14-17 05:44 AM Link | ID: 96089
Normal User

Roy Koopa

Bel: Finally! That was harder than it should've been. -Bel expresses when the monster finally goes down. He's a bit exhausted from the last move. Zarik's comment about dual-techs just makes Bel shoot an indifferent facial expression at him.

Bel: And I'm not messing around. I'm trying to save a bit of magical energy. Not at your expensive, mind you. I'd rather not blow it all in a single battle given that this more and more looks like a gauntlet. -The wizard says and follows Zarik up the stairs while putting his sword back in its sheath.

My youtube channel
FFRK Brotherhood

Robbie Rage
Posted on 01-14-17 12:11 PM Link | ID: 96090
Normal User

Boomerang Brother

"Bah, you people need to lighten up. We still beat it, didn't we? And the casters were on point. That could have been a lot worse!"

Moxley gets back to his feet and dusts himself off a bit. He then takes the time to adjust his aura output to the rest of the party.

[Aura Switch - Healing]

"Might still want to take the time and get patched up, though."

Trelior
Posted on 01-15-17 05:47 AM Link | ID: 96106
Normal User

Upon reaching the top of the stairs, the path is blocked by a magic barrier. Zarik reaches over to one of the books on the shelf and pulls it out, triggering a switch that dispells the barrier. On the other side of the door, another staircase leads down to yet another platform with another downward staircase to the east. On the platform is two of the imps from earlier and a larger reaper-like demon carrying a scythe.

"We don't have time to rest." Zarik says as he heads down the stairs toward the platform.

Zissou narrows his eyes suspiciously, noting the sudden change in Zarik's attitude.

ゼンガー・ゾンボルト
Posted on 01-15-17 06:38 AM Link | ID: 96107
Normal User

Roy Koopa

Bel: How did you know that book would de-activate the barrrier? -Bel asks by the time Zarik had pulled the book and the barrier had been dispelled, as he follows the party through the following rooms. The wizard fixes his gaze on the platform as they come upon the new room with monsters in it.

Bel: A scythe this time, huh?

My youtube channel
FFRK Brotherhood

Robbie Rage
Posted on 01-15-17 10:19 AM Link | ID: 96113
Normal User

Boomerang Brother

Moxley follows the rest of the group as they decend to yet another platform, noticing Zarik's unusual behavior like everyone else. He simply shrugs, and launches a firebolt at one of the imps.

"After we clear out these fools, Zarik, we're going to have a little chat. But first thing's first..."

Trelior
Posted on 01-15-17 09:11 PM Link | ID: 96122
Normal User

The firebolt hits the imp square in the back; knocking it out of the air, but not killing it. It screeches in pain, which alerts the other imp and the demon. They begin to advance on Moxley.

Zarik heaves an aggravated sigh, sheathes his weapons, sits down on the stairs, and folds his hands and rests his face on them after resting his elbows on his knees.

Zissou closes his eyes for a moment and shakes his head. Running past Zarik, he says, "Sitting this one out?"

"Might as well. Mox seems to want to tank this one." Zarik snarks, flatly.

"For the love of the Twelve--" Zissou exclaims, but stops as Zarik dismisses with a backhanded wave. "Have it your way, then." he growls as he performs the gesture for a Shadow Flare to be placed where he expects the monsters to settle as they square up with Moxley.

ゼンガー・ゾンボルト
Posted on 01-15-17 10:29 PM (rev. 2 of 01-15-17 10:31 PM by ゼンガー・ゾンボルト) Link | ID: 96124
Normal User

Roy Koopa

Bel: Don't go and be so hasty, Moxley. They didn't know we were here before you signaled them with that firebolt. -Bel says with a shrug. He starts to chant in Elvish again, hiw staff glowing for a brief period and after a few moments an invisible barrier envelopes him, Moxley and Zissou. Only these three notices the barriers when they envelope them but everyone will notice when they take hits and/or are destroyed.

Bel: Btw, Zarik, should I toss you into battle with telekinesis or are you gonna join on your own after you've calmed down a bit? If you do, I could summon a barrier for you too. For the others of you, these will take 5 hits, no matter what they're hit with. Well, for the most part.

OoC: Check Bel's bio for more info about the spell.

My youtube channel
FFRK Brotherhood

Robbie Rage
Posted on 01-15-17 11:34 PM Link | ID: 96125
Normal User

Boomerang Brother

At this point, the words of his compatriots barely reach Moxley's ears. The paladin has braced his sword and shield, screaming challenges at the demons.

"COME! COME AT ME, VILE WRETCHES OF THE PITS! MEET YOUR BLOODY END AT THE HANDS OF THE SILVER FLAME'S VERY VOICE!"

Those allied with the seemingly single minded crusader feel a shift in his aura. The healing over time seems to stop, being replaced with a feeling of enhanced physical strength and attack power.

[Aura Shift - Strength]

Trelior
Posted on 01-16-17 03:05 AM Link | ID: 96130
Normal User

The imps and demon are not happy about the lake of fire they're being subjected to, but are far angrier at Moxley to move fort their own safety. The grounded imp rakes at Moxley, but only scratches at his sabatons. The flying imp swipes at Moxley's face, but nothing happens due to Bel's shield. The demon performs a wide, sweeping swing of its scythe, hitting all three within reach.

Zarik kicks back and says, "You guys'll do just fine without me. Besides, Mox wanted me to rest, if I recall correctly." The tone of his voice drips of bitterness from being allowed to be bitten.

Zissou shakes his head again and says, "Enough, you two." Turning his attention to Bel, he says, "Ignore him. He's taking frustrations out on us for being, in his eyes, 'yet another of those groups'. He gets like this occasionally." Turning to the scuffle, he makes another somatic gesture with his book, pages turned outward. A white blast of energy burst from the pages and flies swiftly at the grounded imp, turning it into a burst of paper the immolates as it spreads.

ゼンガー・ゾンボルト
Posted on 01-16-17 06:59 AM (rev. 3 of 01-16-17 09:53 AM by ゼンガー・ゾンボルト) Link | ID: 96132
Normal User

Roy Koopa

Bel: Yeah, ok. Moxley did have a point of asking him to rest since he got chewed on, though. And don't said paladin seem a bit too into it? -Bel asks, shaking his head at the too eager Moxley.

(Hmm. Let's try something different this time.)

Bel puts his staff into the ground, then puts his hands together and calls upon the powers of the earth through a strangely melodic chant that last for a few seconds. His eyes begin to glow green as he puts his right hand on the ground, where a bright green magic circle appears and slowly spins.

Binding of the Earth

In a second, another circle appears below the large scythe-wielding demon and possibly some small ones in the same area, limited to most of the center platform. In another second, a large number of powerful roots shoot out of the floor of the platform at great speeds. Bel directs some to snatch the scythe and throw it over the edge of the platform, while sending most of the others for the limbs of the large demon, restricting its movements aswell as pinning it to the floor, and another few over its back from both sides to do the same.

My youtube channel
FFRK Brotherhood

Robbie Rage
Posted on 01-16-17 01:47 PM Link | ID: 96135
Normal User

Boomerang Brother

"SCRATCHES CANNOT SLAY THE FLAME'S WRATH! YOUR HOUR HAS ARRIVED!"

While Bel's roots entangle the larger demon, Moxley lashes out at the other two imps. He slices at the flying imp with his sword, while he attempts to simply punt the diminutive demon at his feet with a smiting kick.

Trelior
Posted on 01-16-17 08:46 PM Link | ID: 96142
Normal User

The demon weaves in an out of the branches with ease wihile the one imp takes the boot to the head and flies to pages and dissipates in falmes like the other did.

The demon hisses, "You'll have to try hard than that, elf!" and swings its scythe at Bel, shattering his shield.

Quickly responding, Zissou focuses as before and snaps his book shut, enveloping Bel in a new barrier with Adloquium while Selene patches any additional damage taken with Embrace.

Zarik puts his hand on his shoulder and squints. How did the Dahak bite through my armor? he thinks to himself, calling the beast by its classification. I feel the weight of my tungstite armor, but it bit through it as if my glamour was what I was actually wearing. He exercises his shoulder to make sure it's limber, contemplating what happened.

ゼンガー・ゾンボルト
Posted on 01-18-17 01:55 AM Link | ID: 96171
Normal User

Roy Koopa

Bel instinctively takes a few steps back when the barrier breaks and picks his staff up as he does. (Ugh. That was unexpected. And this one seem to be a tad smarter than the others we've encountered so far.)

Bel (telepathy to Zissou): Sorry about the telepathy but what do you make of this one? Seems like its body might be intangible. But on the other hand, if it was it wouldn't need to avoid the roots from my attack. I'd rather not waste another spell. Thought of increasing the gravitational pull on it but it'll probably shrug that off aswell.

My youtube channel
FFRK Brotherhood

Robbie Rage
Posted on 01-18-17 01:01 PM Link | ID: 96180
Normal User

Boomerang Brother

"IT CAN SPEAK! SPEAK YOUR LAST WORDS NOW, ABOMINATION!"

After dispatching the two imps, Moxley does a mighty leap towards the demon and brings his sword down upon it. The blade glows and crackles with divine power, as if the paladin is attempting to smite the demon either in an attempt to beat any incorporeal abilities it has, or just to destroy it...

Trelior
Posted on 01-19-17 04:31 AM Link | ID: 96206
Normal User

The demon goes to cockily backhand Moxley, but it misjudged the mountain of a man's fervor and instead gets its pimp arm cut off. Flying into an angry rage, it hauls off and swings its scythe rather unwieldily at the knight, to little success.

'Unfortunately, I do not have such a spell available in my current repertoire.' Zissou responds using his thoughts, 'I am afraid you are on your own.' He passes on his chance to cast another spell to see how things unfold on the following turn.

Zarik watches as the fight unfolds and rests his forehead on his finger tips. He mutters to himself, "Why does he only seem to care when he's on tank duty? Tell him to do damage duty and he piddlefucks around."
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Next newer thread | Next older thread
Main - The Kitchen Table (Role Play Forum) - Onward for a Friend!

Acmlmboard v2.5.5 (10/04/2020)
© 2005-2024 Acmlm, Emuz, et al.

Page rendered in 0.114 seconds. (862KB of memory used)
MySQL - queries: 228, rows: 677/718, time: 0.089 seconds.