Notings of Attention™
Acmlmboard 2 Released
Github/GIT | @acmlmboard
Chatting Places
Discord

Affiliates
Super Mario Bros. X | Kuribo64
Views: 8,952,201
Main | FAQ | IRC chat | Memberlist | Active users | Latest posts | Stats | Ranks | Online users | Search
03-28-24 01:16 PM
Guest: Register | Login

Main - Announcements - We need Sprites™!
Next newer thread | Next older thread

KP
Posted on 01-24-12 06:22 AM (rev. 2 of 01-24-12 05:05 PM by KP) Link | ID: 3810
Retired Staff
NES Game Aficionado
Level: 73

EXP: 3330811
Next: 155057

Since: 01-02-12

Last post: 1942 days
Last view: 1450 days
No, not the transparent fizzy lemon-lime drink Sprite.

I'm talking about those little dudes and doodads that pop up on your screen every now and then that you can click on and collect. Those.

Check out this thread to discuss this information.

To recap: We need Sprites that fit the Retro era of gaming, preferably 8-bit ones. We need to start out with CORE FRANCHISES at first. If we get enough, then we can branch out to 16-bit and more obscure (and non-game oriented) Sprites.

Requirements are stated as follows:
- Must not blend into background easily. Make a black outline around (and inside) them if the game was designed with a black neutral color. (See Metroid sprites for a good example)
- Must be size optimized. No .bmp files. If you use a non-lossless format, make sure it's not noticeable.
- aGIF for animation preferred. PNG or GIF for still sprites accepted. Indexed PNG's are nice for the ability to specify palettes. (A palette of 64 colors is ideal; if you need more, 128 or 256 is also acceptable)
- Use Dropbox for your uploading needs. I would love to have you guys use this link because it's a referral link; anyone who uses it nets me a bonus. I'd appreciate it. On top of that, it's really the best upload service out there. No ads, no captchas, no bullshit. Drop files in this local folder and they go wherever you have Dropbox installed. You can even access them through the website!
- Optional: Include a description and a mouseover text for your sprite.
- Optional: Remember to make your Sprite with an indexed palette, starting with 64 colors or 128 or 256 if you need more.
- Optional: Animate your Sprites. The extra mile adds a nice appeal to the feature.

Here are the suggested franchises we'd like:
  1. SMB2 (and the poison mushroom from 2j)
  2. SMB3
  3. SMW
  4. SM Allstars variations of SMB 1-3 (this one is the one Emuz and I are looking forward to)
  5. Super Metroid
  6. Yoshi's Island
  7. Zelda 1

Remember, participation is rewarded! Not much we can do right now in terms of practical, useful stuff; but things are planned, and you won't be forgotten!

Next newer thread | Next older thread
Main - Announcements - We need Sprites™!

Acmlmboard v2.5.5 (10/04/2020)
© 2005-2024 Acmlm, Emuz, et al.

Page rendered in 0.034 seconds. (771KB of memory used)
MySQL - queries: 50, rows: 485/517, time: 0.027 seconds.