Notings of Attention™
Acmlmboard 2 Released
Github/GIT | @acmlmboard
Chatting Places
Discord

Affiliates
Super Mario Bros. X | Kuribo64
Views: 8,986,649
Main | FAQ | IRC chat | Memberlist | Active users | Latest posts | Stats | Ranks | Online users | Search
04-19-24 10:16 AM
Guest: Register | Login

0 users currently in msg db 'Computer Address',0xa | 2 bots

Main - msg db 'Computer Address',0xa - Gamer services
Next newer thread | Next older thread

Kawa
Posted on 04-27-12 05:24 PM Link | ID: 14413
Retired Staff

Not okay
Prophet of Celestia
Level: 93

EXP: 7993315
Next: 59495

Since: 01-01-12

Last post: 2021 days
Last view: 336 days
5 - The rest of GamerServices is just plain unavailable for indie developers. Achievements, for example, one of the must-have “services” for any self-disrespecting modern game:
This class and all related methods and properties only retrieve a calculated result for titles approved to access Xbox LIVE Services through the Xbox LIVE Registered Developer Program. For Xbox LIVE Indie games, the properties in this class will not return a calculated result, and related methods will report a NotSupportedException.
In other words, hobbyists don’t get to do achievements. As far as I can tell, you can’t even test these things as an indie developer.
From my blog.

I decided later that night to try and roll my own. I think it's pretty good so far. One self-contained .cs file to handle it all, with callbacks for nice integration into the games that use it.

The webpage (also quite self-contained) isn't that secure yet, and achievements don't have images yet, though they do already have a field for 'em.

Next newer thread | Next older thread
Main - msg db 'Computer Address',0xa - Gamer services

Acmlmboard v2.5.5 (10/04/2020)
© 2005-2024 Acmlm, Emuz, et al.

Page rendered in 0.031 seconds. (758KB of memory used)
MySQL - queries: 51, rows: 472/506, time: 0.027 seconds.