Notings of Attention™
Acmlmboard 2 Released
Github/GIT | @acmlmboard
Chatting Places
Discord

Affiliates
Super Mario Bros. X | Kuribo64
Views: 8,954,644
Main | FAQ | IRC chat | Memberlist | Active users | Latest posts | Stats | Ranks | Online users | Search
03-29-24 01:01 PM
Guest: Register | Login

0 users currently in AcmlmBoard Developer Zone | 1 guest | 2 bots

Main - AcmlmBoard Developer Zone - Installing AB2
Next newer thread | Next older thread

Emuz
Posted on 06-12-13 12:14 AM Link | ID: 34145
Site Administrator

11 Hit Combo:
Mother's Rosario
Level: 108

EXP: 13212017
Next: 308482

Since: 12-30-11

Last post: 116 days
Last view: 1 day

Installing Acmlmboard II

This document will guide you in the process to installed ABII.

Requirements

These requirements are based on our development environment's specifications. While older versions may work since the code is mostly wrote for 2005, our new components take advantage of more modern functioning. It is recommended you use the requirements provided for best results.

• Apache httpd ver >= 2.2.21 (Should work on earlier versions)

• MySQL5

• PHP >=v5.4.3 (again old versions may work, with some features disabled.)

• PHP-GD

• mcrypt and the module for PHP

• phpmyadmin or DB tool of your choice.

Installation

1. Clone the git repository. Make sure you are on develop (or download the tarball and extract it)

2. If you haven't done so make a MySQL DB and create a MySQL user for the board to use. It is required you provide this use CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE privilege or the tag generator will not work.

3. change to the public_html dir. You may need to change the permissions to allow your httpd to read the board. It is recommended to change the owner and group to your httpd's user account/group. Make sure that themes_serial.txt is writable by the server. This file is the cache used for the theme system. Make sure the directories ./userpics and gfx/tags are present and are writable by the httpd as well.

4. Using mysql (or phpmyadmin) you will need to load the schema + basic data (sql/main.sql) into your database. (mysql -u dbuser -p database < main.sql).

5. If there are any optional features you wish to use (sprites, shop/items, more ranks, ip location, and more [See "Optional Databases"] you may load them now the same way you loading the main database.

6. In the public_html/lib/ dir you will find the location of the board configuration. copy or rename config.sample.php to config.php. Edit it in your favorite editor. See Configuring ABII for more details

7. Open up the board in your browser. Register your first user. In the future this user will automatically become Root Administrator via an interactive installer.

8. Open up phpmyadmin (or other mysql tool) and open up the user table. Change your login's group_id to 6 and power to 4. This will make your account a member of the Root Admin group (6) and the legacy power level to 4 (root).

9. Use the Manage Forums link at the top to make come catagories and some forums.

10. The Permissions system, hidden forums, and other actions will have to be manually set in the database. Please see Managing Permissions Manually

Optional Databases

• ABranks.sql: Contains all the Acmlmboard ranks. Including Mario, Zelda, Kirby, and Dots.

• ABrpg.sql: Contains the database information needed for Acmlm's RPG game from Acmlm's Board II. You likely won't need to import this.

• B2itemset.sql: This contains all the RPG items used on Acmlm's Board II, Board2, and Kafuka respecitively. If you wish to use the item system you may wish import this as the default database loads a place holder item.

• badges.sql: Contains all the badges used at Kafuka as of now. The graphics are included if you decide to use these badges. No badges are included on the default database.

• ip2c.sql: Contains all the ip to country information. It's recommended to load this when you setup your board, but it is not required.

• robots.sql: Contains a default set of known web bots/spiders. This is not required, but is recommended to load this when you setup your board.

• sprites.sql: Contains the spriteset used at Kafuka. If you wish you use sprites you may want to use the set. If you don't wish to use sprites, or to provide your own than you do not need this. The sprite files from Kafuka are included. The default database does not contain any sprites.

The Dynamic Profile Administrator™

"Never Knows Best"
Note: if you can see this my layout broke. ALL THE CREDITS WILL BE REVEALED!!
'Victory Noriko' by @thatsheepagain.
'Chibi Dance Noriko' by @Haru__Kitsu.
'Deity's Night Out (Featuring Gabbie)'
by @thatsheepagain
Noriko Emotes by @Haru__Kitsu.
Side Bar Noriko by @thatsheepagain
'Noriko's Nature Walk' by @projectTiGER_
Emotive Noriko by @thatsheepagain.
"Space Candy Noriko" by BerryVerrine.
"Super Sharp Noriko" by Xionfes.
A gift illustration from the wonderful EverKinzPony!
"Magical Girl Noriko" by @cute_hospital!
"Patient Chibi Noriko" by @Ruii_ki!
'Dapper '60s Noriko' by @thatsheepagain.
'Shiny Chibi Noriko' by @inioli.
'Flower Veil Noriko' by @Sushiee_.
'Noriko in Realism' by @_Sarybuu.
'Noriko's Midnight Adventure' by @projectTiGER_
'Yukata Noriko' by @yunyunmaru_
'Birthday Wishes Noriko' by @thatsheepagain

Pokemonfan1000
Posted on 06-16-17 02:32 AM (rev. 2 of 06-16-17 02:38 AM by Pokemonfan1000) Link | ID: 97896
Banned

Goomba
Account hacked; get in touch with staff to fix
Level: 12

EXP: 7774
Next: 147

Since: 06-15-17

Last post: 2365 days
Last view: 2365 days
Would it be possible to provide more clearer instructions? I got my board setup here but several things don't work like the profiles for instance and am thinking I may have mseed up somewhere but the instructions weren't really clear on what to do although I was able to make out the portion about editing the config.php and the creating the db and the changing the root user to root in phpmyadmin but that is all I could understand. Any help is appreciated.

EDIT: I was able to edit my profile, but through phpmyadmin however.

eqv
Posted on 06-25-17 05:36 PM Link | ID: 98826
Banned

Banned permanently: What part of "leave" do you not understand?
Level: 9

EXP: 2888
Next: 274

Since: 06-22-17

Last post: 1291 days
Last view: 1290 days
Probably due to the fact you are using a free web host. Pay some money and get yourself a working web host that functions properly if you want to make a serious website.

Needle
Posted on 06-25-17 06:12 PM Link | ID: 98831
Normal User
cuddles...? o.o
Level: 77

EXP: 4086884
Next: 104245

Since: 06-16-17

Last post: 118 days
Last view: 3 days
Posted by Pokemonfan1000
Would it be possible to provide more clearer instructions? I got my board setup here but several things don't work like the profiles for instance and am thinking I may have mseed up somewhere but the instructions weren't really clear on what to do although I was able to make out the portion about editing the config.php and the creating the db and the changing the root user to root in phpmyadmin but that is all I could understand. Any help is appreciated.

EDIT: I was able to edit my profile, but through phpmyadmin however.
See that the MySQL server location is right and that it's logging in with the right credentials. See your hosting cPanel for those.

Kawa
Posted on 06-26-17 07:24 AM Link | ID: 98868
Retired Staff

Not okay
Prophet of Celestia
Level: 93

EXP: 7974709
Next: 78101

Since: 01-01-12

Last post: 2000 days
Last view: 315 days
You know not everybody has a cPanel, right? It's not something you can just blindly assume.

Needle
Posted on 06-26-17 01:25 PM Link | ID: 98879
Normal User
cuddles...? o.o
Level: 77

EXP: 4086884
Next: 104245

Since: 06-16-17

Last post: 118 days
Last view: 3 days
Posted by Kawa
You know not everybody has a cPanel, right? It's not something you can just blindly assume.
It'd be strange for a hoster not to have one.

Kawa
Posted on 06-26-17 04:34 PM Link | ID: 98883
Retired Staff

Not okay
Prophet of Celestia
Level: 93

EXP: 7974709
Next: 78101

Since: 01-01-12

Last post: 2000 days
Last view: 315 days
TIL my hoster is weird.

Well, they are German...

Jamie
Posted on 10-06-17 06:40 AM Link | ID: 102574
Banned
Excessive drama.
Level: 73

EXP: 3409916
Next: 75952

Since: 06-03-14

Last post: 1820 days
Last view: 504 days
AcmlmBoard seems really... odd to say the least, to try to configure on some web hosts. I'm not really sure what I'm doing wrong, but I was unable to login (though haven't had issues with database tables being missing). :/

Note that I was only going to test stuff with AB using 2.5.2, nothing major. ^-^

That said, I haven't tried it on an Ubuntu 14.04 VPS that I have, although I've already set up a board for my IRC network running an older version of ABXD :P

Next newer thread | Next older thread
Main - AcmlmBoard Developer Zone - Installing AB2

Acmlmboard v2.5.5 (10/04/2020)
© 2005-2024 Acmlm, Emuz, et al.

Page rendered in 0.052 seconds. (803KB of memory used)
MySQL - queries: 108, rows: 510/543, time: 0.039 seconds.