Notings of Attention™
Acmlmboard 2 Released
Github/GIT | @acmlmboard
Chatting Places
Discord

Affiliates
Super Mario Bros. X | Kuribo64
Views: 8,952,809
Main | FAQ | IRC chat | Memberlist | Active users | Latest posts | Stats | Ranks | Online users | Search
03-29-24 06:29 AM
Guest: Register | Login

0 users currently in General Forum | 32 bots

Main - General Forum - The Kafuka Cookbook (Recipes Thread)
Next newer thread | Next older thread

Pages: 1 2

Robbie Rage
Posted on 10-24-17 12:07 AM, in Link | ID: 103650
Normal User

Boomerang Brother
Fueled by Board Nostalgia and Old Memes
Level: 128

EXP: 24196020
Next: 185680

Since: 11-22-16
Since: 2001

Last post: 697 days
Last view: 101 days
Jokes on you, spambot. I never run out of delicious recipes. Mwahahaha!

--------------------------

CREAMY BLACK BEAN TAQUITOS

4 oz cream cheese (room temperature)
15 oz can black beans
4 oz can diced green chiles
2 green onions
2-3 dashes hot sauce (optional)
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp salt (or to taste)
15 6 inch corn tortillas
3 Tbsp cooking oil, divided, for frying

1) Rinse and drain the black beans. Drain the diced green chiles. Slice the green onions. Add the cream cheese, black beans, green chiles, green onion, hot sauce, garlic powder, and salt to a bowl. Stir together until evenly combined, then taste and adjust the salt or hot sauce to your liking.

2) Stack 5 tortillas on a plate, cover with a damp paper towel, and microwave for about 20 seconds to soften (this helps prevent them from cracking when rolled). Heat a large non-stick or cast iron skillet over medium heat.

3) Working quickly as the skillet heats, place about 2 Tbsp of the black bean filling in each tortilla then roll tightly closed.

4) Once all five are filled, add about 1 Tbsp cooking oil to the skillet, give it a few seconds to heat (it should shimmer), then add the filled taquitos seam side down. Cook the taquitos on each side until brown and crispy, then transfer to a clean plate.

5) Repeat the process in small batches of five, adding a little more oil to the skillet each time, until all the filling has been used (about 15 taquitos). Serve while still hot.

Robbie Rage
Posted on 01-05-18 12:42 AM, in Link | ID: 120786
Normal User

Boomerang Brother

I know we have a little while until the Super Bowl (exactly a month?), but I came across this recipe on Budget Bytes, and want to keep it in mind. Looks pretty easy, too.

--------------------------

PIZZA ROLL UPS

8 small flour tortillas
40 slices pepperoni
4 mozzarella cheese sticks
oil, as needed
1/2 cup marinara sauce (for dipping)

1) Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Lightly spray a baking sheet with spray oil or brush a thin layer of your favorite cooking oil onto the baking sheet.

2) Stack about 4 tortillas at a time on a plate and cover with a damp paper towel. Microwave for 20-30 seconds, or until they are steamy and pliable. Microwave the second batch when you're ready to roll more.

3) Slice each of the mozzarella sticks in half, lengthwise. Place about 5 pepperoni on each tortilla in the bottom 1/3 o the circle, then place the halved mozzarella stick on top. Fold the sides of the tortilla in to cover the ends, then roll them up tight like a burrito.

4) Place the tightly rolled Pizza Roll Ups on the baking sheet, seam side down. Leave them slightly apart from one another to allow hot air to surround the rolls. Either spray the top with spray oil, or brush a thin layer of oil on top of the roll ups.

5) Bake the Pizza Roll Ups for 12-15 minutes, or until they're lightly browned and the cheese is just beginning to ooze. Because every oven is different, begin checking on the Pizza Roll Ups at about 10 minutes, then check ever two minutes or so until they're done.

6) Serve immediately, with marinara for dipping.

Robbie Rage
Posted on 02-02-18 11:59 PM, in Link | ID: 125059
Normal User

Boomerang Brother

I'm in a baking mood tonight (no I'm not drunk Dani shut up) and I realized I never posted a dessert recipe. So here ya go.

---------------

CARAMEL CINNAMON CHEESECAKE DIP

16 oz. brick cream cheese
2/3 cups store-bought or homemade caramel
1/3 cups packed light brown sugar
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
3 tbsp. toffee pieces
Gingersnaps, apple slices, or graham crackers (for serving)

1) In a large bowl using a hand mixer or in the bowl of a stand mixer using the whisk attachment, beat cream cheese in a large bowl until creamy, about 2 minutes.

2) Add caramel, brown sugar, and cinnamon and beat on high speed until combined. Fold in toffee pieces (reserve a few bits for garnish).

3) Cover dip tightly and chill in refrigerator until ready to serve. Drizzle with caramel and serve with gingersnap cookies, apple slices, or graham crackers.

Robbie Rage
Posted on 07-03-18 01:25 AM, in Link | ID: 134727
Normal User

Boomerang Brother

I'm back in a baking mood again, and I found out Brigitte from Overwatch loves these things, so I'm gonna make a batch. Come join me:

----------------------

SEMLORS

Buns
3 tsp yeast
1 1/4 cup milk warm (between 105°F and 110°F)
1 egg
1/4 cup butter melted and cooled
3 tsp cardamom
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup sugar
2 cups bread flour
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

Egg Wash
1 tbsp heavy cream
1 egg
2 tsp water
Filling
200 grams marzipan
bun fillings

Whipped Cream
2 cups heavy cream
1 tsp salt
3 tbsp confectioners sugar
1 tbsp vanilla extract

1) In a bowl of a stand mixer, combine the yeast and milk. Let sit for 5 minutes or until the yeast becomes slightly foamy. Add the melted butter and egg.

2) In a bowl, combine the cardamom, salt, sugar, and both flours. Add the flour mixture to the stand mixer and mix until all the ingredients are well mixed together. Increase the speed on the stand mixer to medium and knead for 5 minutes.

3) Remove from the bowl and form into a round ball. In a greased bowl, place the dough and cover. Allow it to rest for at least one hour or until it doubles in size.

4) Preheat an oven to 350°F. Divide the dough into 15-18 portions (about 75 grams each) and shape them into round ball. Cover with plastic wrap and let rest for 30 minutes.

5) In a small bowl, whisk an egg, heavy cream, and water. Remove the plastic wrap and place the rolls on a baking sheet with parchment paper.

6) Brush each of the buns with the egg wash.

7) Place in the oven and bake for 18 to 22 minutes or until golden brown. Place on a wire rack and allow to cool slightly.

8) Once cool enough to handle, cut a small portion of the top of the bun with a serrated knife. Remove the center of the bun and place in a bowl. Repeat until you have removed the centers of all the buns.

9) In the bowl, combine the bun fillings and the marzipan. Eveningly spread the mixture between each of the buns.

10) Make the whipped cream by combining all the ingredients in a stand mixer and blending until it forms stiff peaks.

11) When you are ready to serve, top each of the buns (minus the cap) with a portion of the whipped cream. Top with the cap and a dusting of powdered sugar.
Pages: 1 2

Next newer thread | Next older thread
Main - General Forum - The Kafuka Cookbook (Recipes Thread)

Acmlmboard v2.5.5 (10/04/2020)
© 2005-2024 Acmlm, Emuz, et al.

Page rendered in 0.043 seconds. (772KB of memory used)
MySQL - queries: 83, rows: 520/552, time: 0.032 seconds.