Notings of Attention™
Acmlmboard 2 Released
Github/GIT | @acmlmboard
Chatting Places
Discord

Affiliates
Super Mario Bros. X | Kuribo64
Views: 8,986,553
Main | FAQ | IRC chat | Memberlist | Active users | Latest posts | Stats | Ranks | Online users | Search
04-19-24 07:19 AM
Guest: Register | Login

0 users currently in The Officer's Club | 1 bot

Main - The Officer's Club - moving out at 16 or whatever
Next newer thread | Next older thread

Jamie
Posted on 08-04-18 06:41 PM, in Link | ID: 139411
Banned
Excessive drama.
Level: 73

EXP: 3419771
Next: 66097

Since: 06-03-14

Last post: 1841 days
Last view: 524 days
I might.

Though I turn 17 soon, and have a 5 day college course which is basically the exact same as school (blame my dad for not letting me do a computer course and blame the school for only letting me take four fucking GCSEs when every other fucking school take at least 9).

I don't see the point living here. I'm not allowed anywhere near a computer, because apparently they are a thing of the past to me or some other bullshit reason. I'm not properly allowed to run a site of any kind even though I do anyway, and I'm also not allowed to basically buy anything off the internet that I feel like.

I feel like my parents are trying to control my personality and basically strip me of mostly any freedom. They're also quite quick to judge things -.-

My parents also seem to show a lot of favouritism to the younger sister too. I literally called her capitalist bullshit YT videos of spoiled brats "crap" and I get threatened by my dad because my sister cried and sulked like a 3 year old when she's 6 (AND SHE CANNOT EVEN READ OR WRITE PROPERLY -.-), so it's automatically my fucking fault...

Unfortunately, I have no place to go. I have no one who would be willing to take me away somewhere, and to be honest, I am probably exaggerating my problems but there definitely are some. As a matter of fact several times I have been tempted to just walk out in the early morning hours, but eh, there's not much point to doing so...

Anyone help? I need some sort of guidance. The UK is a pile of trash when it comes to 16/17 years old rights thanks to the Conservative wankers that run this country...

Thanks

Decoy Blimp
Posted on 08-09-18 05:11 AM, in Link | ID: 139598
Normal User

Level: 44

EXP: 598341
Next: 12944

Since: 06-26-17

Last post: 302 days
Last view: 24 days
Holy shit I haven't been here for awhile.

I don't see the point living here. I'm not allowed anywhere near a computer, because apparently they are a thing of the past to me or some other bullshit reason. I'm not properly allowed to run a site of any kind even though I do anyway, and I'm also not allowed to basically buy anything off the internet that I feel like.

Controlling parents are a pain in the ass. That being said though, I wouldn't recommend moving out. Realistically speaking, you'll most likely get yourself into a situation worse than the one you're currently in. If you turn 17 soon, that means it won't be too much longer until you go off to college and move out of the house anyway, so I wouldn't try and move out now.

I feel like my parents are trying to control my personality and basically strip me of mostly any freedom. They're also quite quick to judge things -.-

That really sucks. I don't know what else to say about that.

My parents also seem to show a lot of favouritism to the younger sister too. I literally called her capitalist bullshit YT videos of spoiled brats "crap" and I get threatened by my dad because my sister cried and sulked like a 3 year old when she's 6 (AND SHE CANNOT EVEN READ OR WRITE PROPERLY -.-), so it's automatically my fucking fault...

I mean you probably shouldn't be saying that kind of thing, but that doesn't warrant a threat either. :/

Unfortunately, I have no place to go. I have no one who would be willing to take me away somewhere, and to be honest, I am probably exaggerating my problems but there definitely are some. As a matter of fact several times I have been tempted to just walk out in the early morning hours, but eh, there's not much point to doing so...

All the more reason not to leave.

Anyone help? I need some sort of guidance.

Like I said, I think its best that you don't move out. Just wait out the time you have left with your parents, and in the meantime maybe try and take up a hobby that doesn't involve computers. Art maybe? IDK. Point is you're gonna want to find something to occupy your time.

I hope this helps.

Jamie
Posted on 08-09-18 08:21 AM, in (rev. 2 of 08-09-18 08:22 AM by Jamie) Link | ID: 139610
Banned
Excessive drama.

Turns out the college course will be 1 year. I'm actually allowed to rectify the error the college made, so I can try to get a job at 17 if I want

Being born in late September has its perks, I suppose.

And I won't be moving out, at 16, but I think I have a place to go. Unfortunately it's going to be miles away but I might be able to live with Yushe...

Jamie
Posted on 09-19-18 08:43 AM, in Link | ID: 140507
Banned
Excessive drama.

Ugh. Dad basically strangled and shouted a bunch of verbal abuse at me again. For being "loud".
Tempted to call the police the next time I get another threat...

Thierry
Posted on 09-19-18 02:56 PM, in (rev. 2 of 09-19-18 02:57 PM by Thierry) Link | ID: 140511
Normal User

Level: 107

EXP: 12921439
Next: 169872

Since: 03-19-13

Last post: 56 days
Last view: 3 days
what'd you really do for him to react so bad? was he pissed/annoyed at you prior to that?
also if you do call the police, I don't think now's the time. face it, you're gonna have to live with them til you can move out. if you rat them to the police they're gonna hate you twice as much at least. and since you're most likely gonna be handed right back into the same situation (living with them til you can move out) it's going to be very painful for you. moreso than it is now.

that said, do you usually keep a low profile, or do you do many things that easily ask for trouble?
one example of the latter would be calling the stuff your little sister watches crap. she cannot understand the reasoning behind it and will only take it as offense, no way around it.
if getting her crying in any situation is already a death warrant, then doing it in this way is indeed asking for trouble. what matters is wether this happens often.

on that note, do you have any idea what you're gonna do once you move out? you can move out faster if you prepare for it, at the very least by having an idea of what to do. for that, research and asking for advice can help.
I'm saying this because your moving out might lag if you cannot take the situation in your hands properly. which means more staying-at-home time.

Arisotura
Posted on 09-19-18 03:34 PM, in Link | ID: 140513
Developer
pancakes
Level: 83

EXP: 5408457
Next: 23764

Since: 01-05-12

Last post: 676 days
Last view: 215 days
I doubt calling the police would get you anywhere, because derpderp

what you need if you feel you can't stand this any longer, is an escape plan

like, pack your shit (or the most important of it) and leave to a safer place. look into emancipation for minors, dunno how that works but see if it's possible at all (can be done entirely by you without requiring consent from your parents, etc)

then, some possibilities that are not mutually exclusive

1. see if a friend can provide you shelter and shito, atleast temporarily

2. see if you can rent an apartment at all? although that'd require you to find a job and herpderp.

3. see if there's any social service that can help you there. or some association that provides shelter to LGBT youth that are rejected from their home for not being cishet. there's that here, I read some bad stories about it, but regardless, it's a possibility.

4. which is kind of an emergency solution and by no means easy or anything. look up your country's laws regarding squatting. find a vacant home or apartment, squat there. know what you're doing and what your rights are. really, this should be the last resort.

if you end up moving out, there's the chance that your parents will send police after your ass to get you forced back at home and likely with even more control, they sound like the 'authority crisis' type.

want some revolution in your coffee?

Next newer thread | Next older thread
Main - The Officer's Club - moving out at 16 or whatever

Acmlmboard v2.5.5 (10/04/2020)
© 2005-2024 Acmlm, Emuz, et al.

Page rendered in 0.080 seconds. (769KB of memory used)
MySQL - queries: 98, rows: 491/525, time: 0.071 seconds.