Notings of Attention™
Acmlmboard 2 Released
Github/GIT | @acmlmboard
Chatting Places
Discord

Affiliates
Super Mario Bros. X | Kuribo64
Views: 8,952,194
Main | FAQ | IRC chat | Memberlist | Active users | Latest posts | Stats | Ranks | Online users | Search
03-28-24 12:53 PM
Guest: Register | Login

0 users currently in The Kitchen Table (Role Play Forum) | 4 bots

Main - The Kitchen Table (Role Play Forum) - Trial by Dragon Blood
Next newer thread | Next older thread

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Trelior
Posted on 11-06-19 02:46 AM, in Link | ID: 152342
Normal User

Level: 127

EXP: 23535894
Next: 190672

Since: 01-02-12

Last post: 1233 days
Last view: 1233 days
"Nah, they would stop as soon as I piped up and threatened to cut their supply chain, or stop giving them their shit for less than it costs to gather the materials. Don't ask me how they twisted the forge into a shit deal like that, but I get the feeling that was them pulling a fast one on Mogdon. The furball was a pushover before I demoted his ass to laborer for catching him being skeezy." Zarik responds to Bel's statement.

"Is that what happened with him? No wonder he was so pissed, and I never saw him in his old office a while back." Aren wonders aloud, "Why didn't you just fire him?"

"What? And let him off easy? No. I had him on so much bullshit, I made him my pin-cushion on threat he'd be thrown in the darkest cell in the dungeon." I told him he would be free to do what he wanted after the books checked out after all the money he was stealing, or undercutting our costs." Zarik says with a laugh, "I allowed him to work commission, but anything above his costs for lodging and food, provided by the foundry, was to funnel toward repaying me."

Zissou lets out a whistle and says, "Fair, but ruthlessly brutal."

Zarik chuckles and finishes, "I am not nice, old man. I'm just, just not nice about it." Turning his attention back to Bel, he says, "I don't know about magic usage, though I doubt it. These are the bloodsands. Big, burly fuckers get tossed in to cut each other to threads in martial combat. I don't think magic is up that alley."

The rest of the time traveling to the aforementioned stable goes by uneventfully. The party just talked little things and played typical roadtrip-style games to pass the time.

Zarik hails the stablehand, "Hey! Don't know if you guys got the message, but we're the party coming from Ada. We're dropping the horses here before making our way to Bruon."

The young man nods and says, "Yep, they sent a bid with your information not long after you left. You guys can just head to the barn by the pasture and dismount. Tie the horses to the post. You're good to go!" he motions in the direction he stated.

"Thanks, lad." Zarik says, heading to where he was pointed.

Upon reaching the barn, Zarik dismounts and follows the boy's instructions, he is approached by a large man, whom tips his hat and says, "Hello there, Mister Hoir. What brings you here for Bruon? Nothing in that ghost town except trouble."

"With all due respect, sir," Zarik states shortly, "It is no one's business but our own. I would appreciate if you tended your chattel and kept your nose out of my personal affairs."

"I meant you no disrespect, sir." The man replies, sheepishly, "But I can see that whatever it is is of utmost importance. Godspeed to you and yours!"

"Thank you. May tidings be in our favor, all round." Zarik says cordially, but sternly. Turning to the group, he says, "We don't have time to dawdle. Let's hit the road immediately!" He then scoops Bakk off the pillion.

Aren helps Zissou off the other pillion and presses, "I thought you said we would have downtime. It's nearly sunset, and we're about to go into a dense forest. Shouldn't we rest until morning?"

With his back fully turned to the large man, he subtly motions 'Zip it!' and shakes his head, pointing to the path ahead. Not wishing to discuss it further, he starts walking down the path.

ゼンガー・ゾンボルト
Posted on 11-06-19 07:44 PM, in Link | ID: 152349
Normal User

Roy Koopa
My name is Sanger Zonvolt. I am the Sword that cleaves evil!
Level: 153

EXP: 45187925
Next: 135479

Since: 01-04-12

Last post: 1030 days
Last view: 994 days
Bel follows the instructions aswell and ties the horse, then catches up to the rest of the party. He takes note of the large man back at the barn but waits until they're out of sight discussing anything.

Bel: That big guy at the barn...is it possibly he's a scout from the Reach? Can't be too careful now that we're getting close. Or, closer, given that I don't know the exact distance left.

My youtube channel
FFRK Brotherhood

Trelior
Posted on 11-06-19 10:59 PM, in Link | ID: 152351
Normal User

"Considering how I've never seen the guy in my life, and he knew who I was while clearly not being a hand at the stable," Zarik begins, "I'm willing to bet on that. Wasn't gonna stick around and risk and attack with our pants down, proverbially."

"So you'll risk being blindsided in a dense forest at night?" Aren questions.

"Consider this, genius," Zarik snaps, "Be awoken from a dead sleep by a high probability of a knife plunged in the chest then needing to fight down a man in a sleepy haze, or getting sideswiped by an arrow in full armor and fully aware? I don't know about you, but since I operate in full heavy armor, I would rather the latter than the former."

"I can see both sides of this argument," Zissou responds, "While I am fatigued from the day, and would have enjoyed a soft bed. I cannot argue that we are taxed on our magical facilities, and are far better suited for a likely ambush with our heavy combatant in full gambeson and plate."

"But look at the trail!" Aren exclaims, "You can't see a thing under the canopy when it gets dense!"

"WHat? Are you afraid of the dark?" Zarik snides.

"No, but how will we see where we're going in pitch black?" Aren protests.

"Look, I'm not a spellcaster, but I do know that there are fun little things you guys have called--" Zarik is joined in unison on the final word by Zissou, "Cantrips."

Swishing his finger slightly and causing four balls of light to spawn, one above each party member's head. Zissou continues, "Dancing Lights exists for exactly such an occasion."

Aren's face turns a deep red in embarrassment, and Zarik laughs. "C'mon, let's beat feet. It's about three hour hike to Bruon if we move quickly."

ゼンガー・ゾンボルト
Posted on 11-07-19 04:37 PM, in Link | ID: 152355
Normal User

Roy Koopa

Bel: Ugh. Three hours. Yeah, let's get that over with quick. And...not to be a buzzkill or anything but I can think of one downside with these lights over our heads. They make us visible too. But that's a risk we're gonna have to take.

(Just watch. The trees are gonna come alive at some point. Don't wanna jinx it even more by saying it out loud, though.)

My youtube channel
FFRK Brotherhood

Trelior
Posted on 11-07-19 11:07 PM, in (rev. 2 of 11-08-19 12:19 AM by Trelior) Link | ID: 152363
Normal User

"Yeah, I'm not happy abut it either." Zarik grunts, "But what are we gonna do? We couldn't have taken the horses with us to the Reach, or anything else."

"Entirely understandable." Zissou chimes in, "As for the lights, they are a necessary evil due to the depths of the darkness. Even those of us with dark vision will not see very well."

"Anyway, I don't want to wait til dawn either way, let's go." Zarik says flatly, picking up the pace.

ゼンガー・ゾンボルト
Posted on 11-08-19 02:32 PM, in Link | ID: 152369
Normal User

Roy Koopa

Bel follows suit and increases his pace aswell. (Gonna feel this the next few days. I'll probably feel a lot of things. Or not feel anything at all.)

Bel: Ok. So we know about our general plan. But how about methods for fighting specific enemies? Zerilisk? Asphalt? Are there others enemies of note?

My youtube channel
FFRK Brotherhood

Trelior
Posted on 11-08-19 09:10 PM, in Link | ID: 152378
Normal User

"Can't say I have any particulars." Zarik replies, "Like I said, I was kinda sideswiped. Not only by the fact that it was Zerilisk that attacked, but the fat that he seemed to be doing a 'hiding his power level' maneuver when he confronted me in Coerthas."

He stops speaking to give himself some time to think, "As for Aesalth, you may be a bit further onto the point with the joke likening her name to tarmac. She's a Red, so being near her is gonna be like you're baking on pavement. All I know is that there's gonna be some psychological warfare because we're technically her children, and she's a manipulative piece of shit."

"That leaves one more question," Aren chimes in, "What about other enemies? Surely, they know you've mobilized by now, and aren't alone."

"That's a damn good question." Zarik says with a gruff sigh, "If we're lucky, we can make it through the majority of the Reach unnoticed, Solid Snake style. Once we engage in our first major target, likely to be the little dickhead Zerry, our cover will be completely blown and they'll be on us worse than ugly on an ape that fell off the stupid tree and hit every branch on the way down."

"That is a creative way to make that statement." Zissou states, mildly amused.

All of a sudden, the foliage begins to rustle violently. Zarik stops suddenly and readies his axe. "I don't like the sound of that. Get ready, guys!"

No sooner does he finish his statement, two rather large, vaguely humanoid shapes emerge from the hedges of the trail. A familiar sounding voice calls out through the seeming void surrounding the party, "You really aren't as stupid as they seem to think, Hoir. Thanks for spilling your plan. Now we'll know to make things difficult for you on this trek." the voice lets out an eerie laugh, then continues, "Slow them down by any means possible, you two. I have a message to forward!"

ゼンガー・ゾンボルト
Posted on 11-09-19 01:04 AM, in Link | ID: 152380
Normal User

Roy Koopa

Bel: Yeah, you deliver that message. Seems you're only capable of dealing with one plan at a time. This won't be a problem.

Bel takes out his staff and readies himself for combat. He wastes little time and summons two portals beneath the creatures and another slightly above them in an attempt to close it half-way as they fall through and cut them in half.

My youtube channel
FFRK Brotherhood

Trelior
Posted on 11-09-19 03:20 AM, in Link | ID: 152381
Normal User

One of the foes falls for the trap and is sliced in half, while the other one sidesteps and lunges at Zarik.

"Batter up!" Zarik exclaims and wallops the lunger upside the head with the broad side of his axe, knocking it out of the air and onto its back. While the target is dazed, he walks over and rams it in the chest with the knob of his weapon. "Only gonna say this once, answer truthfully if you value your pitiful excuse of a life. Who are you, who was the messenger, and where exactly are you holding my sister? The path of least resistance while maintaining a low profile to get there would actually sway me."

The creature on the ground hisses, and speaks with a female voice, "I am of no consequence. The man was Elkor, the Blue. An underling of Great Blue Ruki. If your hopes are to intercept him, he's long gone by now. As far as your feigned innocent whore of a sister, how in the hell should I know where she is? Even if I did, why should I tell you in exchange for my life?"

Leaning onto the axe, Zarik says, "You're right, you are of no consequence, bitch. Thank you for the information, though, glad to know we have the ire of more than just my mother to contend with. However, making an unfounded claim about Caionna, especially at your perception of promiscuity, you answered me wrong. I would have accepted a simple 'no' and killed you quickly. Instead, I'm gonna maim the hell out of you and let you bleed out in agony. If you're lucky, something might come along and finish you off. But since you're a dragon, top of the food chain around here, that seems unlikely." Looking at Bel, he says, "A little help?"

Aren decides to chip in by casting a spell, "Umbral waters, bind my foes! Fluid Arua!" The enemy dragon's arms fall to her side and her wrists and ankles become anchored to the ground by magical water.

Zissou tuts, "Conjury when you are supposed to be using astrology?"

Aren shrugs and responds, "C'mon dad. Lemme cross over a little. I wanna be helpful here."

Zarik doesn't let up on his pin, but notes, "We're not bound by job skills here, and the spell is useful. Give him a break. Just keep the lights on for us to see what we're doing!"

ゼンガー・ゾンボルト
Posted on 11-09-19 05:46 PM, in Link | ID: 152382
Normal User

Roy Koopa

Bel chuckles at Zarik's remark about dragons being the top of the food chain in the area.

Bel: It seems like I already did my part, doesn't it? I wouldn't mind helping out, though. However, it's pointless casting another binding spell. You need me to cut off which limb?

My youtube channel
FFRK Brotherhood

Trelior
Posted on 11-09-19 09:42 PM, in (rev. 2 of 11-09-19 09:44 PM by Trelior) Link | ID: 152386
Normal User

"Well, I want this to be agonizing." Zarik begins, "I wouldn't suggest cutting anything off per se, just bust her a bit. Wherever you feel like I miss. Figure you would want some vengeance for her calling your woman a whore."

Letting up on his pin, he lets the enemy catch her breath momentarily. After her breathing normalizes, he says in a dark tone, "Enjoy your last few unlabored breaths before I lay into your waste of existence."

"Bold words coming from an invalid!" the captive foe snarls.

"Who said you were allowed to speak!" Zarik yells, and kicks at the base of his victim's jaw with enough force to painfully dislocate it. "And for that, I'm gonna make sure you suffer a bit more. You'll beg for death in the darkness by the time I'm through." ramming his axe knob into her collar bones with a sickening thud and crack coming from each. The viuctim involuntarily letting out cries.

"But wait! There's more! Can't let you have any mobility to try to find help!" He says with a cheesy sales pitch tone. Aiming carefully, he hits her kneecaps with the force of a thousand suns, making them give a satisfyingly disgusting crunch.

"Call in now and we'll make sure your final moments are true agony!" He follows up and bends over with a hand by his ear, hearing the labored snort, "Good enough!" The saccharine tone clashing with the brutality of his attacks, he finishes with a forceful jab to her chest, cracking several ribs and the sternum. "THAT'S A LOT OF DAMAGE!" he shouts.

As if a switch was flipped, he goes back to his normal tone without so much as a shred of remorse. Swinging his weapon back into its hanger on his back, he begins walking again. "C'mon. We don't have time to spare. Whatever you're gonna do, Bel, do it quick."

Aren slowly follows, gobsmacked, "Such brutality to a woman! How could you?"

"Dragoness." Zarik corrects angrily. "A female dragon, not a woman. Besides, the Reach is a matriarchy. What I did is no different than doing it to a man from a patriarchal kingdom. If if you wanted to argue semantics, I'm on a rampage. This rage is unisex. Besides, I recall you were the one who bound her to allow me to put her in her place. You're just as accountable in this."

Aren gasps and stammers for words, looking at Zissou, he croaks out, "Dad! Say something!"

Zissou merely shrugs, and replies, "I cannot argue his point. We cannot afford our foes mercy, regardless of what chivalry would otherwise dictate. This is not the time to argue morality. If the actions we must take leave you finding yourself at odds with us, you are welcomed to turn around and return to Ada."

"Thank you, Zissou." Zarik says, "Give no mercy, none should be expected from them."

ゼンガー・ゾンボルト
Posted on 11-09-19 10:08 PM, in (rev. 2 of 11-09-19 10:24 PM by ゼンガー・ゾンボルト) Link | ID: 152389
Normal User

Roy Koopa

Bel returns his staff to its hanger on his back and unsheathes his sword from behind his other shoulder.

Bel: The final blow is at hand, then? If only we had more time to savor it. But there'll be more worthy foes...er, victims soon enough.

Bel positions himself above the enemy, holding his sword vertically with both hands, thrusts it into her chest where the heart should be, followed by twisting it clockwise 360 degrees before pulling it out again. He finishes it by finally cutting the head off.

Bel: I know, beheading her may have been overdoing it but I just wanted to make sure there's no coming back.

He wipes the blood off the sword on a nearby bush and resheaths it. Afterwards, he encases the severed head in a force bubble and has it follow them.

Bel: Let's continue then. Oh, about putting that head in the bubble, it's a message I'm bringing with us.

My youtube channel
FFRK Brotherhood

Trelior
Posted on 11-09-19 10:46 PM, in Link | ID: 152398
Normal User

"I would have preferred to just break more of her body and let her writhe." Zarik states, "Just keep that thing hidden when we're in friendly territory. It sounds unlikely, but Bruon is unlikely to be hostile off the bat."

"What makes you so sure?" Aren questions.

"I know people who go through to the Reach regularly on their route, they stop in on the village and I'm a common topic with the elders, according to my sources." Zarik notes, "They know we're alive, and I'm sure that they're not in on the council's bent on making sure we don't stay that way."

Some time passes with very little in the way of anything happening. Moonlight begins filter through the canopy a distance down the path.

Zarik slows down and makes a motion of holding his flat hand above his head and lowering it. Zissou nods and reduces the intensity of his lights.

"What are we doing?" Aren asks.

"Trying to make a lower profile and and make an approach out, just in case the village is being patrolled." Zarik responds, "Let's keep going. Lower the light more and more as the natural light takes over, please."

"Understood." Zissou dutifully responds.

ゼンガー・ゾンボルト
Posted on 11-10-19 01:58 AM, in Link | ID: 152413
Normal User

Roy Koopa

Bel: Yeah, yeah. Besides, you said to do it "quickly". Would you rather have had me poke at her more and waste time we don't really have? Bel says and casts an invisibility spell on the bubble.

Bel: Also, there's a risk some of those villagers won't be all that positive with us coming there because of you and the Reach opposing eachother, right? As in, they don't wanna be dragged into it.

My youtube channel
FFRK Brotherhood

Trelior
Posted on 11-10-19 03:15 AM, in Link | ID: 152417
Normal User

"Yeah, I meant 'be quick about it' not 'make me a liar'." Zarik says with an annoyed tone. "The village isn't exactly on 'bow to your masters' terms with the Reach. Everyone knows what actually happened all those years ago. Long story short: Aesalth kinda detonated an aether bomb by overloading Cai on her awakening in an attempt to kill and absorb all of our siblings. It failed to get all of us, obviously, and destroyed the majority of the town. Now there's an understanding that they do the bare minimum of interaction with each other, and the village is staunchly on our side."

Walking out into the clearing, there are a few huts on the hillside with a large hall standing in the center of the field. The inside appears to be brightly lit from the outside view. Zarik motions to the group to make their way to the large building. Upon reaching the porch, the door opens as if on its own. A man's voice comes from the doorway and says in a hushed tone, "Ah, Zarikonis, I have been awaiting you and your allies. Hurry inside."

Wasting no time, the group enters. The door shuts behind the five of them. A stout-looking old man with a snow white beard runs up and gives Zarik a hug, and says in a less hushed tone, "It's been so long, boy! Oh how I've missed you! Come, get some rest! You have an arduous journey before you."

Zarik takes a moment to process who the old man, then he says, "I'm surprised you remember me, Roff. Thanks for everything, already. We've been at it since dawn, and we're exhausted."

The old man nods, and replies, "I'm sure you all are. While it'd be great to catch up after all these years, I know now's not the time! I know this sounds strange since we're the same age, but you look amazing. The very spit and image of your father!" There is stew on the fireplace for you all to get your fill, and we've prepared four rooms for your party. We would have set aside a fifth if we had known about your kobold friend."

Heading over to the hearth, Zarik takes bowls from the nearby table and scoops out servings for the party, while saying, "I knew the elder was talking to my suppliers and customers passing through, but I didn't know it was you. If anything, I thought you'd have passed from age and had your kid or something take up the mantel." Sitting at the table and breaking one of the loaves of bread, he begins to eat. "Any word of what's going on up there? Since you were expecting us, I imagine shit's going down and you knew we were on our way."

"Precisely." Roff says, "There's an uproar surrounding Caionna's imprisonment in the Black Caverns. A lot of murmurs about how they're known to be untrustworthy with the Great Wyrm high-profile captives, but they're keeping her there because of the power struggle on the mountain, and no one would dare contest the Black Consortium. It seems your mother has forged an alliance with the Black Wyrm and is using their reputation to house her quarry."

"We knew as much." Zarik replies, "The Consortium's ringleader was the one who nabbed her from us. That what has me concerned. As we've discussed among ourselves, they have a reputation of having their way with local women, then discarding them. If I know them, I would assume they're depraved, or dumb, enough to try to do things with her. They can't hurt her, but they can still do damage. I know this is a sore subject for our elf, but it needs discussed at this point. Whether he likes it or not." He motions to Bel for Roff's reference.

Roff nods, "Aye, which is why I've been concocting a way to get you boys there as quickly as possible. It's several days of hiking just to get there without contest of every bloodthirsty dragon wanting a piece of your hide. But I have a few of the villagers on the inside up there, willing to help."

"Should we be talking about this so openly?" Aren interrupts with concern, "The last time we talked about our plans candidly among ourselves, we were attacked by Elkor's lackeys."

"Nothing to worry about... Uh..." Roff begins.

"Arendal, you can call me Aren for short." The arui inserts, knowing that's what the old man was grasping for.

"Thank you, Aren." Roff smiles, "Not to worry, my boy, it is an agreement that no one in allegiance with the Reach is to be in the village for any reason, in exchange of sending workers to the Reach. It's our agreement, I'm sure the City of Ada has similar covenants. And as an extra layer of insurance, this inn is warded against any hostile dragon and everything said within is held to utmost secrecy. The Reach dares not breach that agreement, knowing full well that we are capable of fighting them back. That's why we even still exist so close to the mountain to begin with. They dare not harm our workers in their ranks for the same reason."

Zissou chimes in, "With due respect, sir" Zissou interjects, "May we be on with the point?"

"Ah yes," Roff replies, "While it's doubtless they may be doing the unspeakable to our Caionna, they are holding her while Aesalth siphons her power dry, taking her pure essence to power her schemes. Since we need to act quickly, the plan is to send you via teleportation magics to confront the Black Consortium as soon as you're ready in the morning. You have no time to consider other options. I have the precise location you need to go to on hand to get you where you need to be. Now finish your meal and get some sleep. You'll need it!"

ゼンガー・ゾンボルト
Posted on 11-10-19 08:32 PM, in Link | ID: 152435
Normal User

Roy Koopa

Bel takes a few moments to look around as the group enters the large building aswell as a quick observation of the new faces as he listens in on the conversation. He walks over to the hearth to get his bowl and carefully guides the invisible bubble to float down just in front of his feet before he sits down at the table and removes his hood. He takes a few bites of the bread and chews them down before addressing the others.

Bel: Yes, speaking of what they might do to her, just get on with it. It's just going to fuel an already monumental hate and disgust for them. Rest assured, there are going to be a whole lot less dragons around when I'm done. So, we have what, a red and a possible black elder dragon to get rid of? I'd prefer to wipe all of the hostile ones out, though. Not just the ones directly involved.

Oh, by the way, I'm Belgarion.

My youtube channel
FFRK Brotherhood

Trelior
Posted on 11-11-19 12:04 AM, in Link | ID: 152455
Normal User

"Well, Belagarion!" Roff gives a hearty laugh for his greeting, "May I call you Bel?"

"You may as well, we all do." Zarik interjects before Bel can respond, "Except Zissou. Then again, being the stick-up-the-ass sage type; he's insistent on being prim and proper. Calling everyone by heir unabridged names, if he knows them, regardless of protests to the contrary. He doesn't even use contracted words. Now that you said my full name, he might start calling me that, even though it's my Dragon-given name and I hate the suffix."

"Frankly, Zarik," Zissou retorts, "In cases such as yours, I will concede to using your abbreviated name as to respect your wishes, given the context of what we're currently up against. As for the rest, I am from an age and background that spoke regally, and the habit was too hard to break, so I never attempted to modernize my speech."

"Okay, fine. Fair enough, flea bag!" Zarik says as he rolls his eyes.

"Quite so, whelp." Zissou quips back.

The two share a dagger glare at each other, then start chuckling.

"Lovely relationship ye seem to have, you two." Roff says with a chuckle before turning grave serious. "Onto what the scumbags may be doing to our girl. That'll depend on what kind of access they have to her body."

"Well," Zissou begins, "She had confided in me that she can use her shapeshifting to effectively remove the parts of interest - in essence turning herself into a living child's doll made of flesh and bone - but she has no ability to stop the sensation of stimulation. She said as much that it had the opposite effect of heightening her sensitivity. I dared not ask how she came to discover such a phenomenon, but instructed her to use her body runes to dull her nerves. Or another type of defense."

"That's all well and good for someone solely wanting sex." Roff replies, coldly, "These are dreadspawn hellbent on breaking their victim's will, as well as only interested in getting their jollies off with no regard to anything. They may not be able to play with her bits, but they could just want contact with her body while they go through the motions. More or less using her as a masturbatory aid."

"Ah! Nope! Don't need to hear this!" Zarik says, covering his ears, "It's one thing if we're discussing any other girl, but I don't need to know about my sister being the object of some freak's sexcapades, regardless of her consent level. Knowing it's rapey like that shouldn't be a surprise, but I still don't need to know!" Looking at Bel, he says, "You have my trust and blessing to do as you please with her, as long as you don't hurt her; but you better not go into detail about any of it with me in earshot."

Aren stops eating his stew and sets his bowl down, clearly having lost his appetite. "Now it all makes sense. Why Zarik was so ruthless in the, frankly, farce of a battle we had in the woods on the way here... And why Bel made the threat at me as we were leaving Ada. They both knew the gravity of the situation long before I put the pieces together. How could I have been so naive?" Slumping back into his chair, he meekly apologizes, "I'm so sorry guys."

"Don't sweat it, meathead." Zarik reassures his friend, "I thought it was obvious."

ゼンガー・ゾンボルト
Posted on 11-11-19 12:57 AM, in Link | ID: 152462
Normal User

Roy Koopa

Bel: Bel is fine. Doesn't really matter too much, though. Either works with me. As for your full name, Zarik, it's worse than what you said. I might start calling you that. Bel says, jokingly. He continues with the bread and stew but nearly chokes upon hearing the phrase "masturbartory aid" and apruptly puts the bowl down.

Bel: Hrrrm! Wonderful dinner conversation. There'll be no more of that, thank you very much. I'll go to my room now.

Oh, and Zar. You don't have to worry about that. See you in the morning. Bel says as he leaves the table, the very last conversation exchange aimed at everyone. He finds his way to the bathroom area and cleans himself off after eating. The invisible force bubbles follows him at a one-foot distance.

(Great. Just what I wanted to hear before I go into meditation.) Bel thinks to himself as he walks into the first room he sees, that looks like a bedroom.

My youtube channel
FFRK Brotherhood

Trelior
Posted on 11-11-19 01:48 AM, in Link | ID: 152464
Normal User

"I think I'm gonna follow his lead. I'm tired, and pretty disgusted." Zarik says, getting up from the table and heading upstairs without another word. Scooping Bakk up as a courtesy.

"Well," Roff says with palpable surprise, "Those two reacted in roundabout the way I would have expected. But the other two? Absolute shell shock stoicism from you. The Kobold is eerily quiet, though. Probably too far gone by the absurdity of the whole ordeal."

"Not shell shock." Zissou states flatly, "I already knew what we were discussing. I have been steeling myself for this little chat. I am trying dearly to remain composed. Zarik was as well, using our typical caustic banter as a coping mechanism." Looking at, Aren, whom is just staring blankly at his uneaten stew, he continues, "My boy, though... He is not taking it well. Would you please assist me in taking him to his room, good sire?"

"Aye, I will. Roff says, "Up with ye!" he says gently hoisting Aren from his seat. Zissou braces Aren from the other side and the two men get the lumbering one upstairs after some trepidation.

After more or less dumping Aren on his bed with little fanfare, Roff and Zissou part their ways and settle in for the night.

The night passes peacefully, and Zarik is the first to rise. Heading down to the main hall, he says. "Alright, Roff. What's the plan?"

Roff sips his coffee and says, "Well, lad, we should wait fer yer friends and have a hearty breakfast. Ye'll need yer strength!"

Zissou stirs next and exits his room, looking over the banister, he sees Zarik and Roff at the bar. Not wanting to waste time, he goes into Aren's room and shakes him awake and drags him downstairs to audible protests.

ゼンガー・ゾンボルト
Posted on 11-11-19 05:31 AM, in Link | ID: 152468
Normal User

Roy Koopa

(Guess it's time then.) Bel thinks to himself as he wakes himself from the typical meditative trance he uses as a means of sleep. He stretches a bit to remedy eventual stiff limbs before picking up his things and walks down to the others.

Bel: Sorry. Needed some time to...actually, nevermind. Let's just eat and get on with it.

My youtube channel
FFRK Brotherhood
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Next newer thread | Next older thread
Main - The Kitchen Table (Role Play Forum) - Trial by Dragon Blood

Acmlmboard v2.5.5 (10/04/2020)
© 2005-2024 Acmlm, Emuz, et al.

Page rendered in 0.099 seconds. (898KB of memory used)
MySQL - queries: 226, rows: 718/761, time: 0.074 seconds.