Notings of Attention™
Acmlmboard 2 Released
Github/GIT | @acmlmboard
Chatting Places
Discord

Affiliates
Super Mario Bros. X | Kuribo64
Views: 8,952,528
Main | FAQ | IRC chat | Memberlist | Active users | Latest posts | Stats | Ranks | Online users | Search
03-28-24 07:29 PM
Guest: Register | Login

0 users currently in The Kitchen Table (Role Play Forum) | 3 bots

Main - The Kitchen Table (Role Play Forum) - Trial by Dragon Blood
Next newer thread | Next older thread

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

ゼンガー・ゾンボルト
Posted on 12-02-19 08:47 AM, in Link | ID: 152979
Normal User

Roy Koopa
My name is Sanger Zonvolt. I am the Sword that cleaves evil!
Level: 153

EXP: 45189316
Next: 134088

Since: 01-04-12

Last post: 1030 days
Last view: 994 days
Bel is watching carefully as the argument goes on, eyeing Aeshalt, not taking his eyes off her. As if he hadn't yet realized that this is the final moment of their journey. The target of his already monumental hatred is right in front of him. Then it hits him and a dark, purple aura flares up like a wild flame around him. Anyone who can pick up on magic would feel the sense of wickedness that now oozes from him and with it, magic power that increases intensity with each passing second aswell as the rage within him. There is also a significant pressure around him.

Seemingly ignoring everything else but Aeshalt, he walks up and positions himself in front of the others. At this point the shouting is still not over. He doesn't care.

Bel: You...you're the reason it's come to this. You're the cause of my hatred. You broke Caionna and although we've remedied that, what you did is unforgivable. You made her cry and I never want to see her like that again. I'll kill you!

The last words had an inhuman, deep layer to them. It sounded like Bel but also like something else. The aura suddenly flares up and Bel can hear the sound of a loud heartbeat in his head. At the same time, he's feeling an excrutiating pain from all over his body. It's enough to bring him down on one knee. A powerful magical energy that gets stronger with each heartbeat also seems to pulsate from him.

(Nngh! What's this infernal pain? Have I somehow caught some illness? I can't afford to show weakness now! This is the worst of times! They need me. She needs me.)

The pain reaches its culmination when he feels a protruding pain behind his right shoulder.

Bel: Aaagh! What's happening to me!

Bel exclaims as he slams his fist against the ground repeatedly at roughly 3 second intervals. Each time it gets much more powerful as the ground begins to crack. He signals the others to stay with his hand. Those that were able to get a close look could see black scales on his hand and the beginning of what looked like talons. At this point the right side of his face starts to get covered in scales. His right eye has already changed to the typical shape of a dragon's eyes, with an intense yellow color.

A large wing bursts through the back of his robe aswell as talons through his right shoe. A moderately large horn begins to sprout from the right side of his head, angle downwards and shaped kind of like a hook. His size begins to increase and now the others can feel the ground shaking from his continued pounding. He grows to roughly 3.8m with the wing roughly 20cm taller, but due to the positioning, it doesn't reach the ground. The last slam causes a fissure to open on the ground, roughly 30m long and about 1m wide, and along with it a dust-cloud. Luckily, it wasn't aimed towards anyone in the party.

Bel rises and and looks at his right hand, opening and closing it as if to gauge his power. The contours of his new form is visible through the dust. The talons are of a silver color, similar to the trims of his robe, and roughly one foot of length and one and a half inch thick at the base. The wing, aswell, has a similar trim that his robe did, at the upper edge with a moderately long, claw-like appendage at the upper tip. All in all, his new look is derived from what his robe looks like. His weapons have also changed to match his size, with the sword taking on a darker tone. His hair has also taken on a wilder style. The dust-cloud settles and he's in full view of those around him.

He turns his head slightly to the right to face them and then turns back towards Aeshalt again. He takes note of the incoming attack and positions himself in front of Zarik to block it aswell as unsheathing his sword and holding it downwards. Then he calls out to the others with a voice that booms as much as he changed

Bel: Stay clear of my sides. No time to argue, if you're positioned there, move.

He's well aware ordering the others around probably won't be popular but at the same time, something within him doesn't care. There is little time to worry about such things now.

He does a series of powerful underhand swings with the sword that, with the air pressure they create in the center, splits the flames and deflects them to his right and left side.

Returning the sword to its downward position, he taunts the large dragon.

Bel: Hmph. Weak.

My youtube channel
FFRK Brotherhood

Trelior
Posted on 12-02-19 10:25 PM, in Link | ID: 152988
Normal User

Level: 127

EXP: 23536618
Next: 189948

Since: 01-02-12

Last post: 1233 days
Last view: 1233 days
"Heh" Aesalth grunts then roars, "The wood rat wants to pretend he's a threat? You think I care about your puny hatred? Good! You are of no concern to me! I would love to see you try to even injure me!"

Cai snaps out of her focus when Bel begins to punch the ground, "You idiot! Stop that!!" As she tries to stabilize her footing with each quake, she picks up a loose rock and throws it at Bel in an attempt to get his attention, "We're not on solid ground! Stop! You'll make the platform fall you fool!"

Aren and Zissou try their best to stand clear of Bel's attacks as they tend to the well-being of the severely wounded Neris. They narrowly escape getting caught in the vortexes as they swell and fly toward their target.

Aesalth sees the attack coming and leaps into the air, dodging all but one, which gets a powerful slash in that nearly severs her tail. She roars in pain and bellows, "You merely got lucky, you retched worm!"

Something snaps in Cai with those words and her aura flares once again. Her bandanna and the loose edges of her clothes begin flapping violently in the air being sicked up by the aura. Her muscles tense as she draws her rapier and holds it vertically, at arm's length, blade to the ground. Resting the crystal upon the pommel, it begins to glow as she begins charging a new spell.

Not wanting to be one-upped by Bel, Zarik runs to Aesalth's flank and nocks a three new arrows. Taking aim at the slice in her tail, he calls out with a chant, "This Barrage of heavenly Empyrean Arrows shall see to it that you are not long for this world!" then he releases the bowstring, loosing the three arrows, bathed in a golden light. Each arrow makes its mark and works its way into the open wound in their victim's posterior, driving into the bone and making an audible snap and crunch with each successive blow.

Aesalth roars in pain and staggers in the air, bellowing flames indiscriminately at the ground below.

ゼンガー・ゾンボルト
Posted on 12-04-19 05:46 PM, in Link | ID: 153006
Normal User

Roy Koopa

Bel: It doesn't matter if you care about it or not. All that's important is that I hate you. And your death, of course.

Seeing the incoming flames, this time Bel is content with blocking the attacks by summoning a barrier but he summons one for each party member too.

He sheaths his sword and takes out his staff and looks at Aesalth.

Bel: You're not safe up there either. He says and grins. He starts chanting and momentarily after that the staff begins to light up with a bright cyan color. Then he raises it in the air and exclaims "Thunder!".

The staff shoots a lightning-like energy beam into the clouds above which causes them to rumble loudly before unleashing up to a dozen lightning bolts, all targeting Aesalth.

My youtube channel
FFRK Brotherhood

Trelior
Posted on 12-04-19 06:11 PM, in (rev. 2 of 12-04-19 06:15 PM by Trelior) Link | ID: 153008
Normal User

Despite being knocked off kilter by the arrows in her exposed wound, the lighting magic merely rolls off of her. The impact of the bolts push her, but naught else happens. Fighting through the literal pain in her ass, she laughs and says, "Is that all you have, you little rat?"

Zarik looks up and sees Bel's spell amount to little more than a fancy-looking fizzle, and calls out, "Uh... Looks like some nasty spell resistance going on. We're gonna have to come up with something. Unless Cai has a better idea..." He looks over to her.

Caionna is not paying any attention to anything around her. Her body is trembling immensely from the power she is gathering, and the aura has grown significantly. From Zarik's perspective, she is standing a significant distance from the others, yet the raging purplish fire is nearly upon them.

Zarik realizes this is likely going to be painting a target on her, so he nocks another arrow and lets it loose at Aesalth's face. He isn't expecting much to come of it, but only needs to continue his diversion.

The first arrow makes its mark on Aesalth's cheek, but harmlessly bounces off. Not even the slightest of reactions.

Shaking his head, Zarik nocks several more arrows and aims directly skyward. The arrows glow, and he cries out, "Your end is night from this Rain of Death!" and looses the bowstring. No more than five arrows visibly fly from his bow, but an absolute deluge fall in a circle centered on the foe. These arrows appear to actually make purchase in her hide as she tumbles from the air and lands hard on the rocky platform.

Aesalth roars and flaps her wings defiantly before raising her tail as she begins charging her retaliation, aimed directly at Caionna.

ゼンガー・ゾンボルト
Posted on 12-04-19 07:50 PM, in Link | ID: 153009
Normal User

Roy Koopa

(Hah. Big mistake. Not gonna let you do that.) Bel thinks to himself as he puts the staff back and charges behind Aeshalt in a curved path, with sword in hand, at blinding speed. His new, but temporary, form allows him to go supersonic and as such, caused a sonic boom where he started. Due to the short distance, though, he's behind Aesalth before the large dragon can even react. He swings the sword as hard as he can, this time with both hands, targeting the spot where the vortex blade hit last time.

The tail comes clean off and lands on the ground with a massive thud. The great wyrm lets out a savage roar and eventual counter-attacks are momentarily interrupted. Bel proceeds picking the tail up with his right hand after sheathing the sword and he does it with surprising ease.

Bel: I'm gonna smack some sense into you!

He hops back in front of her, winds his right arm back and begins rapidly hitting her with the large tail, most on the head, but also around the wing area for eventual damage there. The hits aren't hard enough to cause severe damage but moreso about humiliating the dragon. Still, they're enough to keep her stun-locked for the time being. After a bit, he winds up for another heavy blow and swings the tail down hard over Aeshalt's head one final time.

Bel: If that's not a KO, I don't know what it'll take.

The last attack seems to have taken a toll on Bel for more than one reason. He begins breathing more heavily and the transformation seems to be reverting itself.

(Oof. What now? I shouldn't be tired yet. What's worse, I gotta get out of the immediate area before all that energy is unleashed.) He thinks to himself, casting a glance towards Caionna as he makes a dash back to the others. He nearly trips because of exhaustion just barely managing to stay on his feet. At this point, he's already begun shrinking to his normal size. Strangely enough, all damage done to his outfit because of the transformation seems to be gone.

Bel: Ooh, geez. Why do I feel...like I've been running...three marathons? The now normal-sized wizard exclaims as he falls down on one knee.

My youtube channel
FFRK Brotherhood

Trelior
Posted on 12-04-19 08:35 PM, in Link | ID: 153010
Normal User

Aesalth cries in pain as Bel uses her severed tail as a bludgeon before having been knocked unconscious by the repeated blows all over her body and head.

Caionna watches the scene unfold before her as the trembling caused by her focus begins to make her levitate. Clenching her eyes shut, they fly open, both of her eyes are burning with a bright and golden glow. She begins to shout her incantation, "Neither the heavens nor the hells hath the fury of a wizard scorned!"

Realizing what's about to happen, Zarik holsters his bow and pulls out a fife. With a quick jaunty tune, he sprints at amazing speed toward Bel, shouting, "Get out of the way, moron! She's about to go off!" Tackling the elf at full speed, he sends both himself and Bel srpawling clear of the incipient blast.

"See the wrath come forth as recompense for sins innumerable comes crashing down upon you!" Caionna continues to cant, completely oblivious to the bravado and gravitas of the sight and sound as the crystal upon her pommel begins to shift in color from its purple to blinding white, "This world has no place for such evil as you, and you shall feel the righteous wrath of those whom you have used for selfish goals! May you be consumed in the burning might of my MAGIC BURST!"

Suddenly, the crystal bursts into a fine powder of shards and a prismatic blast shoot forth from Caionna's location aimed straight at Aesalth's inert body. In an instant, the blast engulfs the dragon as the incantation prescribed. The night's darkness is flushed away as the entire area glows as bright as though the sun of high noon was bearing down with the ferocity of weeks-long drought. The glowing blast continues as the crystals Caionna had brought with her began a chorus of shattering to feed the force behind the blast.

Several entire minutes pass before the light begins to wane. As the dust settles and visibility returns, there is a cone of scorched rock with an origin point of where Caionna was standing to where Aesalth would be expected to be and several meters beyond. In the place of the great dragon lie... Nothing. She is positively eviscerated and blown to dust. That which was, is no more.

Zarik and Bel landed mere centimeters clear of the edge of the blast zone, but are otherwise hale and whole.

Aren untucks himself from around Zissou and Neris, having jumped over them to protect them from the explosion, stares in awed horror at the distinct lack of a foe before him. "By the Author!" he exclaims, "What did you do?!"

No response. Where Cai once stood, lays the unconscious body of a silver dragon. She is approximately ten meters in length from snout to tail, her splayed out wingspan reaching a modest seven meters. Her scales glitter in the low light of the moon, now high in the sky. Her horns make a gorgeous crown around her head, and the talons of her rear legs are a modest 10 centimeters in length and a brilliant comet blue like the rest of her scaleless areas on her body.

Zarik picks himself up off the ground and calls out, "If you think that was impressive, you should have been inches away from it. I think I might have gotten a few burns from that!' Taking some time to stretch and let his joints crack, he extends a hand down to Bel, and asks, "You okay, Chief?"

Neris squirms in Zissou's grasp, and calls out, "Caionna!" Trying to get free, she cries, "Is she alright?!"

Zissou holds firm and says, "Calm yourself, child! We will assess her in a moment!"

The three men gather around the dragon, unsure if she really is Caionna.

ゼンガー・ゾンボルト
Posted on 12-04-19 11:37 PM, in Link | ID: 153020
Normal User

Roy Koopa

Bel: I think so. Not sure if I dare check. The wizard says, rubbing his eyes from the intense light.

Bel: Where...? He says as he looks around the area for either Caionna or possibly Aesalth. He takes note of the immense destruction but can't seem to find either of them. He rises from his current position and attempts to stretch his limbs but wobbles a bit before he manages to do so.

Bel: Where is she!? Where's Cai? And...what's that? Bel exclaims, scratching his head while tiling it slightly sideways as he sees a rather small silver dragon lying in their midst. Walking over to the new creature, he takes a good look at her.

Bel: This is...her? Seeing as there's not even a tiny little trace left of Aesalth and this one turned up exactly where Cai was. It has to be.

My youtube channel
FFRK Brotherhood

Trelior
Posted on 12-05-19 01:11 AM, in Link | ID: 153023
Normal User

Zarik catches the elf as he staggers, saying as he cranes his neck to look around, "If I had to guess, I'd say Cai blew her into a different plane's seventh level of hell. There's not a trace of her aside from scorched earth."

Looking this new dragon over, Zarik continues, "This has to be Cai. The scales, the size for her age..." Spotting the quillon of the rapier from under the dragon's right wing, "I know that rapier handle from anywhere. I recognize my handiwork, and that sword was a pain in the ass to meet her specifications!"

Neris got away from Zissou as he stood up to walk over. She sits, hunched at Caionna's jowl, crying, "C'mon Cai! We won! Wake up!"

Aren shakes his head, after holding a hand out to magically check Cai's vitals, "I don't think that's gonna happen, kiddo. She's alive, but basically in a coma."

"After an explosion like that," Zissou states flatly, "It's amazing that any of us are still alive!"

Zarik approaches Neris, putting a hand on her head, he says, "I think she needs to rest a bit. Give her some room, please."

Neris defiantly swats Zarik's touch away and lets out a petulant "hrmph!" and gets up as requested, staggering to Zissou, she says, "I'll listen, but I am NOT happy with you!"

"What's she mad about?" Zarik asks, seemingly having forgotten he kicked her with the force of a thousand suns just moments prior.

"Dude!" Aren exclaims, "You should know DAMN WELL why she's pissed at you!"

"Something, something... Desperate measure..." Zissou mocks.

"Oh shit! That!?" Zarik says with wide eyes, "I'm sorry Neris! I really am!"

"Whatever, jerk!" the girl says snottily, standing behind Zissou and pouting.

"I did that for your safety!" Zarik exclaims to an upturned nose, "Alright! Fine! Pout about it then!" The volume and timbre of this exclamation being oddly enough to upset the precarious stability of the mountain shelf.

"Uh... Guys!" Aren calls out, "Can we put a pin on your bickering and get the hell off of this thing before this shelf decides to take us with it?"

"Good idea, Aren!" Zarik yells, "Grab the kid and your dad and book it!" Focusing to transform, he shouts at Bel as he scoops Cai up under her shoulder, "If you can manage, buddy, I need you to hulk out again and help me with her! Get her tail!"

ゼンガー・ゾンボルト
Posted on 12-05-19 02:08 AM, in Link | ID: 153024
Normal User

Roy Koopa

Bel: Sorry. Afraid I might be too exhausted for that. It really took a toll on me. I don't even know how it happened. I could probably use telekinesis to help, though. Let me pick up that rapier first.

Bel says as he walks over to the right side of Caionna and does what he just said. Rapier in hand, he psitions himself at Caionna's lower end and uses tk to lift the tail-end up, just barely managing it.

Bel: Oh, great. I'm in worse shape than I thought. Better make this quick, Zar. He says as he grunts, trying to keep the telekinesis up.

My youtube channel
FFRK Brotherhood

Trelior
Posted on 12-05-19 02:44 AM, in Link | ID: 153025
Normal User

"GodsDAMMIT!" Zarik yells, "I get that the fight took a lot out of you, but I can't go quickly with her tail dragging! Even if you're just supporting the weight with your body and keeping up, it'll help and take less effort than using THE POWER OF THOUGHT!" The ending of his sentence has a dramatic reverb on it. "Hop to it! Aren'll patch you up when we get to safety!"

As soon as Bel assumes position, Zarik picks up the pace and semi-comically shouts "Hup!" with every step the duo takes.

No sooner does the party touch Terrafirma does the precipice collapse onto the platform below, kicking up an ungodly amount of dust and heat from the snuffed out braziers. Zarik continues to push Bel to his limits as they head to the edge of the nearby forest from earlier in the evening.

Gently letting Cai's upper body to the ground, he rushes to Bel as fast as his lumbering form will allow and catches him as he collapses. Dragging the elf over to a tree, he yells right into Aren's ear, "MEDIC!"

Aren puts the duo he's carrying down and puts a hand up to his ear hole and shouts back at Zarik, "I'm right beside you, dickhead!"

"I know. That's why I did it!" Zarik laughs as he shifts back into his human shape.

Aren shakes his head, and says, "I dunno if you're awake enough to hear me, Bel, but you did great up there... Whatever you did..."

Neris' scowl at Zarik breaks and the corner of her mouth curls into a smile. Zarik points at her and says, "Don't think I didn't see that!"

Her response is an attempt at another scoff, but it's choked with giggles and she hides behind Zissou.

The old dog rolls his eyes and mutters under his breath, "Kids..."

ゼンガー・ゾンボルト
Posted on 12-05-19 03:37 AM, in Link | ID: 153026
Normal User

Roy Koopa

Bel: I hear you. Bel says, catching his breath.

Bel: It certainly feels like it too. Just don't ask me how. I have no idea.

He leans his head in Caionna's direction. (Wish I could do something to wake you out of tha coma. If it's magic power you need I'm afraid I have little to spare. Normally, I wouldn't hesitate.)

Bel: I just hope she'll be okay.

My youtube channel
FFRK Brotherhood

Trelior
Posted on 12-05-19 08:37 AM, in (rev. 2 of 12-05-19 05:59 PM by Trelior) Link | ID: 153027
Normal User

"I'm sure she'll be fine." Zarik says, "If she made it this far, this is a well-deserved nap. If anything."

"I hope you're right..." Aren says somberly.

Zissou looks up at the sky and sees the moon directly overhead. "Hmm... Midnight." He muses, "Curious... I could have sworn that battle took no more than an hour at the very most." He then starts digging through his bag for the components of the shelter spell.

"Maybe Cai's burst had a time dilation, or she really did expend energy for that long. It's hard to tell." Aren posits.

"Does it matter? We're in no shape to try to leave the mountain tonight, regardless of the time." Zarik says grumpily, "Cai's out cold, Bel's seeing stars, and I don't think I can carry anyone right now." glancing at Zissou, he says, "think you can do two shelters alone, and butt them together into one big shelter so everyone's inside?"

"I am certain it can be arranged." The old man replies with a nod. "Give me a moment. This time, I shall not use the alarm enhancement."

"And I'm pretty sure the brat won't try to pull anything tonight since she's apparently so damn mad at me!" Zarik says, staring as if straight through the Nu Mou.

Neris peeks around Zissou, thinking she's being sly, but is met with full, wide-eye contact from Zarik. She yelps slightly and hides again.

Moments later, the shelter is built as requested and Zarik shoos everyone inside. "Bel, get some sleep, or whatever it is you do. Aren, get the bedding ready for everyone. Old man, make a makeshift bedding for Cai while keeping an eye on Neris. I'll drag Sleeping Ferocious in in a minute."

Aren and Zissou nod in agreement with the taskmaster and get dutifully to work.

With a sightly exasperated sigh, Zarik looks at his comatose sister and says, "Alright, chica, lets get you scooted." as he clumsily wrangles her through the narrow doorway. His struggle to get her through coincidentally succeeds as Zissou was finishing up his task. The two men try to situate the dragon in a way that would be comfortable for her, then settle in for bed.

"Thanks guys." Zarik says, drifting quickly off to sleep with loud snoring.

"Uh... Su--" Aren begins, but is but off by the aforementioned snores. With a shrug, he follows suit.

Zissou lays Neris down to bed in a cot on the opposite side of the room to Zarik, positioning himself and Aren between them. Tucking her in, he says, "Now be a good girl and sleep in your own bed tonight. No shenanigans. Do you hear me?"

With a forlorn frown, Neris replies, "Yes, sir, Mister Zissou." wriggling uncomfortably, she adds, "But why did you tuck me in without letting me get out of this outfit?"

"Because I lack the energy to wrestle with getting you into bedclothes, that is why. Now hush and get some overdue rest." He says sternly, but kindly.

"Yes sir..." Neris grumbles and closes her eyes.

ゼンガー・ゾンボルト
Posted on 12-05-19 05:47 PM, in Link | ID: 153031
Normal User

Roy Koopa

Bel: All I require is meditation. Given how I barely have enough energy for telekinesis, this one will most lilely take longer than usual. And since we're no longer on a timer, I say let everyone sleep in. We're gonna need it.

He walks into the shelter and finds an unoccupied space, enters his usual position and begins levitating slightly above ground. He opens an eye at Zarik's loud snoring, though.

Bel: That snoring better not make the shelter fall apart on us. The wizard says with a slight snicker, the closes his left eye again to start meditating.

My youtube channel
FFRK Brotherhood

Trelior
Posted on 12-05-19 06:49 PM, in Link | ID: 153033
Normal User

The night passes quietly, aside from Zarik imitating a sawmill. By the time anyone rouses, it is well past midday.

Zissou is, oddly enough, the first to rise for the day. He looks over at Neris' cot to see it empty of the small girl, with the shirt laying haphazardly amongst the blankets. Heaving a gruff sigh, he heaves himself out of his bedding and goes to investigate where she disappeared to.

It doesn't take him long to find her nestled into the little spoon with Zarik, his arm subconsciously wrapped around her belly, but over the blanket. He suspiciously tugs the blanket down slightly and sees she's still wearing her chest wrap. With a shake of his head he walks away and mutters to himself incoherently. Getting a bite of food from his bag, he goes to sit by Caionna to tend to her while he awaits the others.

Approximately twenty minutes later, Aren rises and readies himself for the day as well. He sees the two empty cots to his right and wonders where they went off to before looking over to the far side of the shelter and seeing Zissou meditating next to Cai. Walking to Zissou and sitting down, he spots the extra little body in Zarik's cot and has half a mind to do something about it.

Zissou holds out a paw to the Auri's chest and shakes his head, and says in a hushed tone, "Leave them be. If there was any misbehavior, a fuss would have been made of it. I assure you."

"If you say so..." Aren murmurs in response. Looking Cai over he says, "How's she doing?"

"Not terribly, but not fantastically either." The old man says. "We will not know for sure until we can get her to safety."

There is a sudden, sharp rapping on the door of the shelter. The noise is loud enough to spook Zarik awake with a startled, "What the fuck!? Sound the alarm! Intruder alert!"

The sudden jump and shouting propels Neris out of her comfy cuddling into nigh full-blown panic, she lets out a short burst of shrill squeaks not dissimilar to a semi-automatic rifle fire.

The combines reaction send both of them tumbling to the floor on opposite sides of the cot.

Aren covers his ears and lets out a chuckle, "They couldn't have coordinated that if they tried."

Zarik sits up and cracks his neck before feigning calm, "Alright! I'm up!" Picking himself up off the floor, he sees Neris scurry back to her cot. "Excuse me!" he says, "Just what do you think you were doing?"

Realizing she's caught, she sheepishly chirps, "I told you, I just wanted to feel safe, so I snuck into bed with you!" motioning herself over, she reveals that she had only removed her shirt, "See? I'm still wearing what Miss Caionna gave me to wear yesterday. The shirt was too stuffy to be comfortable in, and I figured since I was up, I would try to snuggle. Is that so wrong?" She says, starting to cry.

Zarik checks the cinch on his belt, and finds it the same way he had it tied the night prior. Raising an eyebrow, he says, "I suppose there's not, but you really need to listen when we tell you to stay put." motioning to her, he continues, "Put your shirt back on and come here."

As Neris wipes a tear from her eyes and fights the shirt she inadvertently partially destroyed due to fighting the clasp and her wing window, she hobbles over to Zarik as the sharp knock recurs. A calm sounding female voice calls out, "I know you are all awake now. The little one's voice is shrill enough to wake the dead. May I enter?"

Zarik calls out, "No. We'll come outside. Give us a minute, please."

"By all means," the woman replies, "Take your time. The day is already late as it is."

ゼンガー・ゾンボルト
Posted on 12-05-19 07:23 PM, in Link | ID: 153035
Normal User

Roy Koopa

Bel's meditattive trance is apruptly interrupted once more and he's less than happy about it. (Here we go again.)

Bel: For crying out loud!? ONE uninterrupted resting session, PLEASE. He exclaims as he lands on the floor a bit quicker than he'd have liked. He mutters a bit while he rises and stretches his limbs for a bit.

Bel. I'll kill whoever dares disturb us now. Late as it may be, we needed the rest. Bel makes his way to the door and opens it rather forcefully. He spots the woman outside.

Bel: You have 10 seconds to explain yourself before I obliterate you where you stand. It doesn't matter if it's late or not to me, we could use more rest. Now, speak.

My youtube channel
FFRK Brotherhood

Trelior
Posted on 12-05-19 08:31 PM, in (rev. 3 of 12-05-19 09:00 PM by Trelior) Link | ID: 153039
Normal User

"Forgive me, sir." says the sharply dressed woman at the door, "I am here as an envoy for the remainder of the Reach chromatic council. We wish to extend a thank you for dealing with a troublesome council members. Namely Great Wyrm Aesalth and Lesser Black Zerilisk and the entirety of his legion. That was quite the feat."

Zarik perks a brow, quizzically, "That was fast... What's the catch?"

The envoy adjusts her glasses and speaks plainly, "Word spreads like wildfire when the spark comes from word of the Great Wyrm's estranged children bring forth a entourage and wreck absolute havoc."

Zissou pipes up and says, "We are hardly an entourage, my dear. We are very much a ragtag bunch of misfits."

The envoy nods in reverence and replies, "Very well, sir. The point still stands, we wish to speak to Master Zarik and Mistress Caionna as soon as possible."

"Yeah," Aren interjects, "That's not happening anytime soon on Cai's part. She blew her mother to the hell to end all hells, and she kiiiiiiinda put herself into a mana deficiency induced coma."

Zarik cuts in and says, "And I'm not going without her, or any of these guys, to meet with anyone. I need my insurance policy in case you guys try to pull a fast one!"

"Understood." the dragon speaks stoically, "I would assume you wish to have transportation to a place in which you may treat the Mistress and the avian child."

"Actually, that would be fantastic. Could you send for aid to take her to the foothills of Bruon?" Zarik inquires.

"As per our agreement with the elders of the village; we shall not take you directly to your friend's inn, as I am sure you are wont to request. We may take her, as well as any others, to a nearby outpost." The woman continues, never breaking the cold facade, "Surely that is acceptable."

"What guarantee do we have that we won't be double crossed?" Zarik demands, pensively.

"You have the word of The Great Blue, Ruki." The envoy speaks with a slow blink to her eyes.

"Wait, Ruki?" Aren exclaims, "Didn't that dragon try to intercept us by force on our way to the village?"

"Negative. The man you met may have been a follower of the Blue, but he was ensnared in Aesalth's wretched charming curse." The woman monotonizes, "We are also aware of the swift work you made of the ones that attacked you. While it is a shame that those otherwise innocent lives were lost, you and yours had a mission that could not be compromised. While we mourned their loss, we cannot fault your defensiveness."

"Let's get to the point, please." Zarik asserts, "What do we need to do to get you to send your aid? We can't be droning back and forth all day. We need to get to safety. Posthaste. Caionna and Neristhana need immediate medical attention, and I won't standby while you talk in a cold, robotic tone and tell us shit we already know!"

"Very well." The envoy states banally, "I insist you break camp and get Caionna to a place where she may be easily retrieved and standby." Shifting to show slender deep blue wings, she takes to the sky and flies eastward.

"Affirmative! We shall follow your directions to the letter" Zarik mocks, "Fuck me! I've created AIs with more personality than that woman!"

Neris perks up at the colloquialism Zarik used, to which he points at her and says in a tone similar to reprimanding a disobedient pet, "No! Don't even!" To which she lets her head hang sadly.

"Bel, gimme a hand with Cai. Would ya?" Zarik says as he begins to lift the unconscious dragon onto his back.

ゼンガー・ゾンボルト
Posted on 12-05-19 09:16 PM, in Link | ID: 153040
Normal User

Roy Koopa

Bel stands quietly, listening to the seemingly endless talking. About halfway through he starts tapping his right foot impatiently. (Good grief, it never ends.)

He lets out a sigh at Zarik's question once the female dragon has left and shakes his head.

Bel: Do I have to? I kinda shut off out of boredome half-way through that monotonous marathon of a speech. All I heard was empty promises. I don't trust them. And seriously, mourning their loss? I don't understand why they even pretend to have feelings.

Reluctantly, Bel walks inside again to help Zarik carry Caionna.

Bel: I could teleport us all to Bruon, you know. Saves us all a great deal of walking.

My youtube channel
FFRK Brotherhood

Trelior
Posted on 12-06-19 01:03 AM, in Link | ID: 153047
Normal User

Upon getting outside and dismissing the shelter, the group stands around and begins discussing the plan of action.

"I don't trust them either," Zarik begins, "But I don't want to put undue exertion on you for a teleport for five other people! You could have easily used the rest of at least two more hours."

"For what it's worth," Zissou interjects, "I am also capable of a similar teleportation spell to the one Belgarion knows, but I see your point Zarik."

"Her cold demeanor makes me uneasy..." Aren chimes in, "Gonna have to side with Bel on this one. If they want to parley now, they do it on OUR terms, on OUR turf!"

All four men draw their gaze to Neris, whom had been fighting with her shirt the entire time of the exchange, and is ignorant of the topic. She stops cold when she hers the room fall silent, then exchanges a glance with a scan of everyone's face. Her face goes pale, slightly scared about what's gong on. "W-what?" she warbles.

"We need a tiebreaker on how we want to get off the mountain." Zarik says in a tone that he hopes is reassuring.

"Uh..." The girl stammers, "I-I don't know! I guess I'll vote with Zarik's side!"

"Are you sure?" Zarik questions.

Feeling cornered, she questions herself and says, "Alright then! Zissou! I'll vote with him, then!" Feigning confidence in her vote, she merely blindly sided with the other manshe had been growing attached to.

"Well, I guess that settles it." Zarik says, "We wait for the Bluebot to return, if only because we inadvertently scared the kid into blind voting with us due to situational ignorance."

Neris turns her back to the group, hangs her head, and starts solemnly kicking at the loose dirt. She seems to be ashamed of Zarik's newest assessment of her.

ゼンガー・ゾンボルト
Posted on 12-06-19 01:19 AM, in Link | ID: 153048
Normal User

Roy Koopa

Bel sits down on a stump in the vicinity, not sure what to make of the whole situation.

Bel: This day started out wonderful, didn't it? I had hoped we didn't have to deal with more dragons from the Reach but I suppose offing a great wyrm is hard not to notice. What are the odds we're gonna have to get rid of a few more colors?

My youtube channel
FFRK Brotherhood

Trelior
Posted on 12-06-19 02:26 AM, in Link | ID: 153050
Normal User

"I do not know," Zissou begins, "But perhaps the stoicism of the envoy was to try to avoid invoking any wrath. It seemed very unnatural. Perhaps they are genuinely scared."

As if in response to Zissou's positing, a tall, elderly looking woman in all blue regalia lands gracefully in the clearing among the party. Gazing over the group with a non-threatening gaze, her eyes flash, one piercing green whilst the other an electric yellow. She smiles warmly.

The envoy from earlier lands behind this new woman with slightly less tact and grace, taking a reverent knee, she speaks, "I present to you, Ruki the Blue, sirs."

Zarik readies his bow with an arrow nocked, ready to attack if needed. "The lightning queen herself," Zarik says sharply, "What brings you here?"

"Please forgive my envoy, Young Zarik." Ruki states in a calm, regal tone, "Your friend certainly has the right of it. Many of the lesser dragons around the Reach are frankly terrified of what you and your sister have done in the recent days."

"Forgive me for speaking out of line," the envoy speaks with actual emotion to her voice, "But we truly are frightened of incurring your wrath. Forgive me for seeming cold and detached, perhaps I came off as passively aggressive."

"And this groveling at my feet is only going to piss me off!" Zarik growls, "Stand and look me in the eye if you're going to speak to me. I am not one of your dragons, I will not be given a false pretense of equality to you. While I am not your enemy today, I am also not your ally, and I have no intentions of being as such! However, if you don't drop the formality and address us as you would a peer, I can't guarantee an even temper."

"Understood." Both the Great Wyrm and the envoy state with a nod, to a suspicious glare from the silver.

"If I may, Z." Aren interrupts, "They seem a bit too willing to please. I wouldn't drop my guard."

"I don't intend to!" Zarik says without breaking eye contact with Ruki or lowering his bow. "Neris! Come here!" he orders sternly.

Neris snaps to attention and briskly, yet clumsily, hops to Zarik's flank.

"It's a shame what they did to her." Ruki begins, with a more candid, yet regal tone. "Zerilisk deserved what came to him for what he did to any of those women, let alone to Caionna and... Neris, you called her?"

"Indeed." Zissou speaks, "Allow me to state this before the temperament of our leader turns south on you." Zarik gives a slow nod, his eye contact unflinching as the old dog speaks. "It appears as though your envoy neglected to tell you that we are adamantly against a parley with you at the moment. Take us to Bruon in such haste as to have it be done yesterday."

"Far more eloquent than I would have said it. Thanks Zis." Zarik says gruffly, "Exacty how do you intend to get us down with just the two of you?"

"Simply." The envoy speaks, "We shift to our dragon forms and the two of us carry your allies that can't fly while the ones who can fly in centurion formation around us."

Ruki allows her envoy's speaking out of line due to the precedent Zarik just set, clearly upset by it, but adds, "We will submit to being held at weapon point to ensure you and yours are in control of the situation. We are at your mercy, Zarik, we do not want further trouble."

Putting his arrow back in the quiver and places his bow back on its hanger, maintaining eye contact, he says, "Fine. But absolutely no funny business. Ruki will carry Caionna and Arendal. They are the largest, and should be well within the capacity of a Great Dragon. Zissou will be on the wing of your hitherto unnamed envoy, since she is likely smaller and not as strong. I will carry Neris because I kinda have an unspoken understanding with her. Bel will fly on the opposing flank. Both men on your backs are armed with blades of their own, I will be ready to strike with a breath attack, and Bel will not hesitate to unleash a spell volley at the slightest notion of foul play. You are on thin ice."

Changing shape, he kneels for Neris to get situated on the back of his neck. His scales sparkle in the sunlight, as does Cai's.

Ruki and the envoy transform as well and ready themselves for their passengers. Once mounted, the party takes to the sky toward the south-southwest.

The Great shakes her head and says as she flies, flanked on her right by Zarik, "Had only we known the two surviving children of Aesalth turned out to be such rarities. Perhaps we would have reconsidered your exile and saved her from her madness. But what happened is merely history now. I know I cannot sway you, so I will express regret for your mistreatment. Your levelheadedness and savagery would have shaped you into a fierce warlord, boy."

"Cut the chatter!" Zarik roars, "I don't want to hear your waxing poetic about how you wish I was a tyrant! I'm not what you think I am!"

The Great Blue nods solemnly, "Understood."
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Next newer thread | Next older thread
Main - The Kitchen Table (Role Play Forum) - Trial by Dragon Blood

Acmlmboard v2.5.5 (10/04/2020)
© 2005-2024 Acmlm, Emuz, et al.

Page rendered in 0.118 seconds. (934KB of memory used)
MySQL - queries: 226, rows: 721/766, time: 0.085 seconds.