Notings of Attention™
Acmlmboard 2 Released
Github/GIT | @acmlmboard
Chatting Places
Discord

Affiliates
Super Mario Bros. X | Kuribo64
Views: 8,952,336
Main | FAQ | IRC chat | Memberlist | Active users | Latest posts | Stats | Ranks | Online users | Search
03-28-24 05:36 PM
Guest: Register | Login

0 users currently in The Kitchen Table (Role Play Forum) | 3 bots

Main - The Kitchen Table (Role Play Forum) - The Edge of Reality
Next older thread

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Trelior
Posted on 02-16-20 05:13 AM, in (rev. 2 of 02-16-20 06:00 AM by Trelior) Link | ID: 154703
Normal User

Level: 127

EXP: 23536411
Next: 190155

Since: 01-02-12

Last post: 1233 days
Last view: 1233 days
"To ensure the future of life, it's the duty of the ones that grow to maturity to find a mate and reproduce." Cai says, oddly stoically as she gives a dictive response to his first question. "We're alive because our parents did exactly that. I guess I'm just upset that I'm an intelligent equivalent to a mule. Given the task to serve the world without the satisfaction of having an imprint beyond 'she existed' until I'm forgotten."

Hearing him say her happiness is more important than his own, she balks, "I don't want that. I shouldn't more important to you than yourself. If anything, I would expect equal consideration to the happiness of us both." A grave expression crosses her face, "I refuse to have you put me on a pedestal before yourself. There's a line between selflessness for love and foolishness. I want to be equal. Neither you nor I being more important than the other. I refuse to take my new mantle as goddess of this world and use it to demand worship and prostration from you."

Upon his reaction to her withdrawal, she says, "I'm just conflicted right now. I know what you're saying and what you mean, but things just don't feel like they should right now. I think it's time we got dressed and met up with the others."

Getting off the bed on the far end from Bel, she flicks her wrist to command the room to begin refreshing itself. She then makes her way to the dressing partition and makes herself presentable.

There is another flash of light before shuffling of clothing can be heard. Moments later, she emerges in her signature black tights and a purple poncho-like shirt. she wears sleek-looking leather shoes and has her hair tied up in a neat ponytail, wrapped in her favorite green ribbon. Her dragon features returned as well. She waits a moment for Bel to do the same before leaving the room.

Stepping back into the pavilion area, Cai notices mild commotion coming from the tavern section of the heavenly outpost. Heading over, she notices Zarik sitting at the bar; drink in hand, and humming melancholically to himself. Aren sitting beside him to keep him company.

"Zarik? Are you okay? Isn't it a bit early in the day for drinking yourself under the table?" She asks with concern.

"Early?" Zarik blurts out, "I haven't been to sleep yet today, Miss Been-asleep-for-two-days. I think... Time flow feels janky as hell here."

"Has it really been that long?" Cai asks incredulously.

"More or less." Aren says, with a matter-of-fact terse, not wanting to risk crossing her. "I had enough time to go back home, do a day of work and sleep it off, then come back to find Zarik in this desperate heap."

"What do you mean?" she asks.

"It's me and Neris." Zarik blurts out, fully coherent, but noticeably snoggered. "Well... More Neris showing she still has some unresolved intimacy issues that freak me out."

"How so?" Cai probes.

"I just wanna preface this with saying that I can see the hypocrisy of going into detail when I flip out at the thought of you going at it." Zarik grunts, "But at least what you've got going on seems healthy."

"Get on with it!" Aren practically shouts.

"Long story short: Since I finally allowed 'pants off' alone time with her, I've more or less just let her hump out her frustration of finally being able to feel what's going on in lap land, letting her use me instead of a toy to put her on a timer she has no choice but to obey. To try to wean her." Zarik begins, "Well, she decided to tell me to take initiative and take her to town, so to speak. I figure 'what the hell' and prop her up and start hitting it from behind. We're getting into it, and she's screaming for more. I oblige, because she's got a good little thing on her. All of sudden..." He stops abruptly.

Aren is snickering to himself, "'Wean her.' Haha... Wiener." to a swift cuff upside the head from Cai, whom had walked over when he started giggling. "Ow! But point taken."

"What?" Cai asks impatiently.

"Thank you." Zarik grumbles, "But anyway, she starts moaning, not unusual, but then she goes into this fucking trance-like thing where she's begging Zerilisk and his fuckheads - by name - to do to her what and how they like. So I stop immediately, pull out, and actually pick her tiny ass up and toss her to get her to stop. She takes it as 'position change' and tries to dice mouth first onto my junk. I'm totally psyched out of it by that point, and she just keeps ravenously trying to get at me, practically crying that it's what's expected of her."

He puts his glass down and cradles his face in his hands, heaving a sigh, he continues, "not having enough of trying to gently deter her, I had to slap her. And since I was basically in 'anti-rape' mode, I hauled off and clocked her a good one. I immediately regretted it. She reflexively recoiled and started crying like crazy. Sputtering about being afraid of being punished and begging that I don't do vividly detailed fucked up things to her for 'misbehavior'. And every time I tried apologizing and telling her that I was the one in the wrong, she would only cry louder and insist I was lying about retribution."

"Where is she now?" Cai asks.

"Cried herself to sleep in our joint room." Zarik answers solemnly, "Been that way since I came out here and started drinking out of guilt. Probably a few hours at this point. Dunno though. I just went in and covered her with a blanket before hitting the sauce hard."

"I can confirm." Aren says, having crossed to Zarik's opposite side, "Though, how he hasn't collapsed and passed out is beyond me."

"Because I have the bar set as self-serve, but to monitor drunkenness." Cai responds, "It stopped giving him alcohol before he went incoherent, then started serving again as he started sobering up. If your stories of him drinking are to be believed, he hold his liquor like a steel tankard."

Seemingly ignoring how her explanation contradicts what she said on approach, he says, "I don't know what to do. She asked for it, she got caught up in the moment, I started feeling wrong about it - for a number of reasons, - then had to get physical with her to end it. I feel awful."

A familiar, but feeble and trembling, voice is heard from the stairwell behind the group, "D-does that m-mean you're not angry at me? I d-disobeyed your c-command as my m-master... A-and I feared the worst."

Zarik, Aren, and Cai turn to see Neris standing near the doorway, wrapped awkwardly in a blanket, around her large wings. A large mark from where Zarik's hand met her face still visible on her distraught and fear-stricken face. Her cheeks still tear-moistened.

Zarik can't bring himself to look at her, let alone make eye contact, and says, "I was never angry to begin with. I was just uncomfortable and self-defense took over and I got unnecessarily rough. I understand if this is too little, too late, but I'm sorry, Neris."

Neris clearly doesn't understand what he means, but she wordlessly approaches him and throws the blanket open to attempt to wrap him in a hug. In the moment the cover was open, it became apparent that she was completely nude underneath, revealing her petite frame and very attractive body.

Continuing to avoid her, Zarik pushes her gently away. Pulling her swaddling closed, he says, "While I appreciate your willingness to forgive me, I can't allow you to be out here like this. Go get dressed and put the blanket away."

Blushing bright enough to make the mark on her cheek look faded, she stammers with an uneasy emotional choking, "O-oh... S-sorry M-master... I'll f-fix that r-right away." and she turns and rushes back toward the accommodation threshold.

"Stop calling me that!" Zarik yells after her, to a reflexively fearful squawk from her as she disappears.

"See what I mean?" Zarik exclaims, "There's a lot to unpack there, to figure out, and sort through. I honestly don't know if I can keep this up without it eating away at me." There is a look of distraught uncertainty on his face.

Aren sits quietly, eyes wide at the show he just got, "I can totally get why you're conflicted. She's--"

Cai cuts him off while pointing an accusatory finger at him, "I swear, if you crack a pun or say anything inappropriate, I will kick you so hard back to Ada, your father will feel it!"

Taking a deep breath, Aren tersely finishes his statement, "-- Gorgeous." clearing his throat, he gets up to leave, "That's all I was going to say." Heading to the entry section, he finishes with, "Sure, she's broken. But I think Zar can help her pick up the pieces. He's not gonna let a body with the right curves distract him from the bigger picture. Anyway, I have work to do. Good luck, pal." And disappears through a portal to the foundry.

Putting a hand out to stem Cai's fury, Zarik says, "He's right, though. I'll admit, she's nice to look at and she feels great... But I need to be thinking with my brain with her, should have never let her make me think with my dick before I knew what was going on in her head on the topic..." heaving a sigh, "Am I just making things worse?"

He merely sloshes his glass, making the ice jingle against the glass quietly.

ゼンガー・ゾンボルト
Posted on 02-16-20 05:21 PM, in Link | ID: 154709
Normal User

Roy Koopa
My name is Sanger Zonvolt. I am the Sword that cleaves evil!
Level: 153

EXP: 45188919
Next: 134485

Since: 01-04-12

Last post: 1030 days
Last view: 994 days
Bel just opens his mouth in surprise when Caionna mentions worship and prostration.

Bel: That's...not what I meant. I didn't mean I saw you as an actual goddess. And me putting you on a pedestal is kind of an exaggeration but it's true that I thought of you before myself. Look, I'm just trying my best to do good by you. Given your past I want to do all that I can for you. And before you get more upset, this is not out of pity or anything like that. It's more like compassion.

Bel gets up from the bed and walks over to the partition once Caionna comes out again.

Bel: Let's take some time and talk about your conflicted feelings later, alright? Unless it's something you have to deal with yourself. I'm more than willing to listen, though.

He gets in behind the partition and uses a cantrips spell to clean himself off and snaps his fingers to make his clothes appear on him like they were before, then does the same to clean the clothes off.

Bel: I don't really get the point about having that partition there. It's not like we have anything to hide from eachother. Oh, well. Let's head out then.

Bel follows Cai outside and towards the tavern section and he too notices the noise. Not knowing what he thinks of it just yet, he just quietly approaches and sees Zarik and Aren at the table, sweeping drinks. Not really having anything to comment on, he just lets Cai initiate conversation but upon hearing how much time has passed, he can't help but react.

Bel: Days!? He exclaims, not really wanting to believe it at first. He listens in on Zarik's lengthy explanation, beginning to tap his foot after a little while due to the time it takes.

(Get to the point. We don't need to hear every little detail.) He thinks to himself. He perks an eyebrow once Zerilisk's name comes up.

(Damn. Dropping such a bomb would turn anyone off. I can't see why he's in that state.) He patiently listens to the rest of the explanation, going through eventual scenarios in his head that couldn've triggered Neris's reversal.

(Master, huh? That's not right.) Bel thinks as he observes Neris's behavior. He waits until Aren's left before starting to address the issue.

Bel: What could've caused her problem? It's as if she's reverted to how she was when we found her. A delayed hypnotic spell, maybe? Most likely triggered by you-know-what.

My youtube channel
FFRK Brotherhood

Trelior
Posted on 02-17-20 02:18 AM, in Link | ID: 154718
Normal User

"It might not be hypnosis..." Zarik muses, "It could just be outright conditioning. You could be right about the trigger for it, something in her head switches at the sensation to be a brainless submissive. And the calling of their names could be that she had done it so long that she just blanks that anyone else would be there. A weird black-out, or something. Either way, I'm not happy about any of it. The names she screamed, the reaction to me wanting out of the situation, needing to get rough with her to stop, the force I used. I feel awful." He scratches his head and rests his temple in his free hand.

"While we're freely airing our issues..." Cai announces as she turns to Bel, "If you want to do right by me, continue to treat me how you did before we became a couple. I don't want special treatment because you think it's what you need to do. I'm happy you're considering my happiness, but don't neglect your own for my sake. As far as safety is concerned... Don't take risks on my behalf if you think it will protect me. I can take care of myself. Trust me."

Not giving him a chance to respond, she turns to follow Neris, "I'll see what I can do to help figure this out. Some girl talk, if you will." She then runs off.

Tension sits over the room like a bad smell for a few moments, which Zarik breaks it by saying, "Don't let her bother you. She's got a lot of pride, and she's just now showing it. She has an inflated ego from this whole shebang, and she's painfully independent." With a shake of his head, he continues, "You're probably thinking 'what's he on about', just call it a brotherly hunch. That, and you're showing her affection. She's never felt genuine affection from anyone like what she's getting from you now. She's probably afraid to be vulnerable, and you're stepping on her pride. If she has shown vulnerability, she might be putting up defenses to save face. Just... keep being patient with her. She needs it."

Zissou closes his book with a loud clap to reveal himself from a dark corner of the room. "Bravo, Zarik." The old man says, "You appear to be showing far more depth to yourself than 'snarky tough guy'. Between remorse for Neristhana and an understanding of your sister, it is a wonder how a charmer like you has been alone for this long."

The sudden noise startles Zarik. Regaining composure and listening to the old man speak, he replies, "It's a long story. All I'm gonna say is that the women in my life have been less than wholesome and wanting me for me. Many saw me as a wallet because of my wealth. Others couldn't accept that I'm an adventurer and wouldn't settle down. Truth be told, I don't even know if what this weird thing I have with Neris is, or even if it's right." Sighing, he continues, "As for Cai... I can kinda relate to what she's going through. But I can tell Bel's intentions are good, and he'll take care of her... But he just has to weather her storm."

Zarik taps his glass against the counter and it refills with a softer drink with the magic of the bar.

ゼンガー・ゾンボルト
Posted on 02-17-20 11:45 AM, in Link | ID: 154721
Normal User

Roy Koopa

Bel turns his head in the direction where the clap from the book was heard.

Bel: I wondered where you were. He says to Zissou, then turns back to Zarik.

Bel: Nah. Bel says in response to Zarik as he sits down on a chair at the table.

Bel: I knew what you were on about. And frankly, I knew about the pride and kind of the ego thing already. I've noticed. I'd never call her out on that, though. I like my face where it is. Also, I was about to say that her being able to take care of herself wasn't the point but I never got the chance before she left. Seems both of us got some issues to sort out, thought mine seems less severe.

And yes, my intentions are good. They always were.

Taking a break from talking, he goes up and pours up whatever he can find into a glass, then comes back to the spot he was sitting at.

Bel: Two days. I knew she was tired but...damn. I guess it could've been worse, though. Also, she said a visitor to the realm made her nervous. Another god. And this is another problem I have. I don't like that phrase because it implies she thinks of herself as a goddess. Which she kinda is. I shouldn't have a problem with that but something with that phrasing rubs me the wrong way. I can't explain why. In any case, I hope this other visitor won't become a problem.

He takes a drink from his glass and recoils a bit from the strength of it.

Bel: Oouf. Maybe it wasn't such a good idea just to pour something haphazardly from the taps. Don't know what I got but it had quite a zing to it.

My youtube channel
FFRK Brotherhood

Trelior
Posted on 02-17-20 07:01 PM, in Link | ID: 154737
Normal User

"I don't like it either." Zarik replies, "But it's not unfitting. How many normal mortals are you aware of the have the power to create worlds?"

"Agreed." Zissou murmurs, "While she is likely on nothing more than an egotistical high at the moment, I do not feel as if she is going to lord such a title over anyone. It is not in her character."

A mysterious male voice emanates in the room suddenly, "If I may interject, gentlemen." the voice says cordially, "I am Ezolm, a god of a few pantheons over, just wanting to shed some light for you. Your friend is a goddess, as are the three of you, the bird, and the big guy she just chased off. She became a goddess when she created this realm, and the five of you were chosen to fill out her pantheon as you are the ones closest to her.

"None of you have followers yet, so you're basically nothing more than fancy mortals. Nothing wrong with that, everyone needs to start somewhere. But keep in mind that the only followers you will gain are those on the world forming below. In other worlds, you're all nothing more than who you are. Don't let the idea inflate your self-worth."

Turning his attention to Bel, Ezolm continues, "Like the dog man said, your girl is riding high. She'll go back to normal once things settle down. As for what she said in private, she merely conflated the act of men treating their mates better out of necessity, colloquially known as 'treating her like a goddess or queen' in some circles with actual worship. I assure you: she'll get over herself once her superpowering from her crystals expires. She'll likely realize and feel foolish. so take in in stride like the muscle man said. Forgive me for not knowing your names, I was just eavesdropping."

Zarik shouts, "Then what about the guy she felt threatened by?"

"I don't have much time before one of the big guys finds out I'm even talking to you." Ezolm says, hurriedly, "One of the other guys in my group popped over like I did. Just a voice, and made some out-of-line remarks. Nothing credible, because we're only voices here. She got super defensive and psyched out hard. Hopefully that helps, and she'll chill now now that you're here with her. Convenient plot device, out!" then the presence can no longer be felt.

"Thanks weird expository man!" Zarik says with a sarcastic tinge.

ゼンガー・ゾンボルト
Posted on 02-17-20 11:26 PM, in Link | ID: 154743
Normal User

Roy Koopa

Bel: Did Cai make those taps pour more than just alcohol in our beverages? You heard that too, right? Bel asks as he looks closely at his glass.

Bel: I suppose that's as good of an explanation as we're ever gonna get. Still doesn't explain what happened to Neris, though.

My youtube channel
FFRK Brotherhood

Trelior
Posted on 02-17-20 11:40 PM, in Link | ID: 154744
Normal User

"Well, Neris was with us, not Cai." Zarik replies. "How would this guy know anything about her? Listening to him talk, he just sounded like a regular schmuck like us. Probably not the kind of guy endowed with the ludicrous superpower of omniscience."

"Right-ho!" Zissou says, raising his glass. "Theological discussion aside, it seems curious that he would even divulge such information to us. Perhaps we should not concern ourselves with anything but what he said of Caionna, and worry more about Neristhana's well being."

"Not a bad idea." Zarik says as he braces himself to stand. "I should probably go and check on things. Set into motion what needs done to set things right."

As he staggers slightly out of the room, he gives a slight hand wave with a , "Be back sometime... If I don't pass out, that is."

ゼンガー・ゾンボルト
Posted on 02-19-20 11:40 PM, in Link | ID: 154781
Normal User

Roy Koopa

Bel: So we're gods now. That's not...awkward or anything. Assuming this Ezolm character was telling the truth. He says as he swirls his class in a circular motion.

Bel: Also, wonder what the odds are of Zarik falling flat on his face in there.

My youtube channel
FFRK Brotherhood

Trelior
Posted on 02-20-20 10:31 AM, in Link | ID: 154793
Normal User

"All things considered," Zissou begins, "We have no reason to doubt his word. Whether it is a lie or not matters little in the case of 'no power until followers exist' point."

The old man shrugs, then changes topic as Bel did, "As for Zarik. I would imagine that he would do so in a literal sense, and not figuratively. He is mildly drunk, and Neristhana seems forgiving to a fault when it comes to him. As you may recall, she was able to discern the difference between aggression during combat training from active hostility. Perhaps she will accept his word that he was merely acting in self-defense due to revoking his consent of the act. We shall find out in time."

Several minutes pass quietly, and Caionna reemerges from the chambers. She says nothing right away, but sits at Bel's table and lays her head down.

ゼンガー・ゾンボルト
Posted on 02-20-20 10:53 AM, in Link | ID: 154796
Normal User

Roy Koopa

Bel takes note of Caionna coming back out and the way she lays her head down after sitting down at the table.

Bel: That doesn't exactly radiate "problem solved". What happened in there?

My youtube channel
FFRK Brotherhood

Trelior
Posted on 02-20-20 08:13 PM, in Link | ID: 154816
Normal User

"Long story short: They reconciled." Cai says with a defeated sigh, "Short story long: Zarik told her that he's reinstating his abstinence stipulation until she sorts out her issues a bit more. She agreed to the rearrangement, but in the same breath wanted to make up and tried to mount him. Evidently, she though he meant 'after today', and it took a combined effort of Zarik and myself to subdue her gently. If only she focused with that level of determination on other things than carnal desire..."

"Given her past, that may be a difficult task to surmount." Zissou muses, "If not overcome, at least to curb it, and keep it in check."

"Zarik said he'll give her a task when he finally gets some rest." Cai says, "I wonder what he has in mind."

ゼンガー・ゾンボルト
Posted on 02-20-20 09:00 PM, in Link | ID: 154817
Normal User

Roy Koopa

Bel: I think you meant to say "make out". Not make up. Bel says in attempt to joke.

Bel: Yeah, I know what you meant. It was accurate, though. And a combined effort to do something gently? That's a new one. As for the task, maybe garden work? Something in the workshop? Perhaps fine-tuning her flame by using it to smith something? In any case, how do you feel then?

My youtube channel
FFRK Brotherhood

Trelior
Posted on 02-20-20 09:09 PM, in Link | ID: 154818
Normal User

"I have an inkling of what he may have in mind. Something to get her away for a short while, a place where he knows she'll be safe." Cai replies, "As for me... I'm mildly frustrated already, and don't know what to do to occupy myself. Meditating over the forming world won't do because it's to the point of needing to do its own thing. If only there was something to do around here."

ゼンガー・ゾンボルト
Posted on 02-22-20 05:03 PM, in Link | ID: 154851
Normal User

Roy Koopa

Bel: Yeah, wish I could help you there. We could try and start looking for a way to make you able to have a family. Before you say anything, I'm going to remind you that I said there's no way of doing that we know of right now. Doesn't mean it's impossible. The problem with it is I don't really know where to begin.

Bel take a momentary break before continuing.

Bel: The reason I'd do this isn't because I feel it's necessary or because I feel it's what I need to do. I'd do it because I want to. Because I know it's important to you.

As for treating you the way I did before we became a couple...I don't know if I can do that. Because I love you I want to show you affection. Devotion. That's what you do when you love someone. Also if something is a burden on you, I want you to share it with me.

My youtube channel
FFRK Brotherhood

Trelior
Posted on 02-23-20 03:58 AM, in Link | ID: 154868
Normal User

Cai picks up her head and rests her face in her hands, and says during his pause, "I'm sorry I just dropped that concern on you so suddenly to begin with. I don't know what I was thinking. I guess I was scared that you were a man from a society that valued women as mates based on their capacity to be mothers. I know so little about your past, and I've read enough history to be aware of those societies... I guess I just thought it best to make that known."

Listening to his second point, she responds, "I wonder if I would share that sentiment if I was a full-blood. you know: 'able to, but not ready for it' as opposed to 'it's not an option, so I feel empty'"

Her face flushes in embarrassment at his third point, "When you put it like that, I can understand what you mean... I'm sorry for as selfish as I've been being. I've never been in situation like this before in earnest, so the concept is foreign to me. I'll do my best to do what needs done for not only my happiness, but yours as well."

Zissou merely sits quietly in the corner, unsure if he should make his presence known to Caionna.

ゼンガー・ゾンボルト
Posted on 02-24-20 12:45 AM, in Link | ID: 154898
Normal User

Roy Koopa

Bel: No need to apologize. You're probably scared of making mistakes or possibly letting me in too close or something like that. But whatever the case might be, we'll get through it together. As for my past, we can have a talk about that later.

My youtube channel
FFRK Brotherhood

Trelior
Posted on 02-24-20 03:22 AM, in Link | ID: 154899
Normal User

"I can't say I disagree..." Cai says at length, "But part of me doesn't want to agree either. I want to be open with you, but I have reservations. Fear isn't it, exactly.I only hope I can be as supportive of you as you want to be with me..."

Zissou breaks his silence and says, "I have been curious of your past, as well. Not much is known about the Copley elves. Perhaps you can indulge me when you divulge that information."

Caionna looks to the corner where her mentor is with a look of surprise. "How long have you been there, Zissou?" She asks.

"Long enough to have witnessed your arrival after your extended nap." the old man responds simple, "Worry not about me. I am merely sitting here."

ゼンガー・ゾンボルト
Posted on 02-24-20 07:15 PM, in (rev. 2 of 02-25-20 02:52 AM by ゼンガー・ゾンボルト) Link | ID: 154915
Normal User

Roy Koopa

Bel: Whatever those reservations might be we'll work them out. Be it pride or something else. I have quite a bit of that too but I like to think I know when to cast that aside. Rest assured, I'll not force you to. We'll help eachother out.

He takes a short break from talking once Caionna notices Zissous presence in the corner.

Bel: Hmm, yes. My past.

Thinking about it for a bit and considering that Neris and Zarik are likely dead-asleep, he decides to go for it.

Bel: Very well. Now might be as good a time as any. This might take a while, though. Hmm. Where to start. Ah, yes. The reason not much is known about us is that we mostly kept to ourselves. We didn't venture very far unless it was necessary. That's basically it. We weren't forbidden to do it or anything but there was a great sense of...caution.

As for me, well...our innate magical affinity normally starts showing a few years after birth. With me, it was different. They could feel a slight magical aura from me the moment I was born. This was very unusual. Practically unheard of. The years went by and this power of mine kept growing. It went so far it became necessary to put seals on it to keep it under control. At least until I learned to control it. Then they were gradually removed, one by one. I actually blew the roof off a building once. I did have teachers but they could only do so much. I needed somewhere I could....let loose, so to speak.

So I got myself a..."testing zone". It was a fair bit away from the village for obvious reasons. That's not to say they didn't feel the results at times. Or heard it. We did have a number of elders in the village. They were the ones who temporarily halted my magic growth and also gave me my staff upon adulthood.

Bel takes a short break and rises from the table to go and get a glass of something else before returning to where he was sitting. He takes a sip before continuing.

Bel: I didn't really share this whole "stick to ourselves" thing. I understood it, though. Letting our presence there be know could bring both good and bad things with it. I always did feel different. Eventually I began exploring on my own but I used every little trick I knew to keep myself hidden. They found out after some time and while they were angry and disappointed with me, it wasn't overly so. At least I knew I didn't draw any attention to me. More time passed and I began doing longer trips as I grew older. One in particular stands out because I did it after reaching adulthood. Also because of what happened once I returned. I noticed a large pillar of smoke coming from the direction of the village as I apporached it. I increased the pace as much as I could getting back. Once there, I find buildings on fire, people on the ground and some dragon at the center of it. Black, I think. I didn't see everyone there, nor did I find them later so I assume they managed to escape. I didn't bother introducing myself. Seeing that pretty much only sparked one thought in my head. It had to go. So I killed it.

Given that it was a dragon, I knew it wasn't going to be easy. Probably the biggest understatement ever. Once I'd dealt the killing blow I didn't even have enough strength to keep myself from falling out of the sky, nor dampen the coliision against the ground. Pretty much passed out upon impact. The moments just before hitting it felt like slow-motion. Relaxing, in a way. I was out for days. Well...it felt like it, anyway. I think some animal made me come to. Don't remember many details about that particular moment. Took me a while to figure out where I was and what I'd been doing. Buried whoever I could find and pretty much left on the spot. Nothing more for me there. After that, I went wherever I felt like going. Often on a whim. If I found people who needed help, I did what I could. Basically, I checked various boards I came across for jobs. Bounties aswell. That's where I got a reputation. I knew I could handle them so I often went to look for high-end ones. That's basically how it went until I found my way to you all those years ago.

I know you probably picked up on the lack of parents in this lengthy explanation. There's a reason for that. I don't remember much of them. It's nothing that bothers me, though. Home is where the heart is, you know?¨'

So that's pretty much it.

My youtube channel
FFRK Brotherhood

Trelior
Posted on 02-25-20 03:08 AM, in Link | ID: 154948
Normal User

Cai merely nods in silence at his words of reassurance, then listens intently at his tale.

She sits quietly for a moment after he finishes to process what she had heard. "So different, yet so similar. I suppose when you discovered who was holding me and Neris, something probably snapped and it was personal." With a small giggle, she says, "You saved your home from a dragon, then fell in love with one. Isn't it funny?"

Zissou merely nods as he listens to Bel. Saying nothing.

ゼンガー・ゾンボルト
Posted on 02-25-20 04:36 PM, in Link | ID: 154966
Normal User

Roy Koopa

Bel takes few sips from his new glass as Caionna speaks.

Bel: Actually, it became personal as soon as they took you. Didn't really matter who was holding you. It was what they did to you more than anything else that pissed me off. I did snap once I laid eyes on her, though.

And me saving my home from a dragon, then falling in love with one...I suppose it's funny. I'd call it irony at its finest. I don't have anything against dragons in particular. Only the ones doing bad things.

So...what now?

My youtube channel
FFRK Brotherhood
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Next older thread
Main - The Kitchen Table (Role Play Forum) - The Edge of Reality

Acmlmboard v2.5.5 (10/04/2020)
© 2005-2024 Acmlm, Emuz, et al.

Page rendered in 0.103 seconds. (910KB of memory used)
MySQL - queries: 222, rows: 706/749, time: 0.077 seconds.