Notings of Attention™
Acmlmboard 2 Released
Github/GIT | @acmlmboard
Chatting Places
Discord

Affiliates
Super Mario Bros. X | Kuribo64
Views: 8,986,944
Main | FAQ | IRC chat | Memberlist | Active users | Latest posts | Stats | Ranks | Online users | Search
04-19-24 08:46 PM
Guest: Register | Login

0 users currently in The Officer's Club | 2 bots

Main - The Officer's Club - What is right and wrong for you? (1)
Next newer thread | Next older thread

Scrydan
Posted on 09-09-12 10:34 PM, in Link | ID: 25901
Normal User
Scryforce - A place that still exists. Neat.
Level: 86

EXP: 5949004
Next: 193103

Since: 07-18-12

Last post: 766 days
Last view: 749 days
Many people have many different views over what is right and wrong. A lot of people don't realize what all is truly their view and not just pushed down their throat by other influences. This may be a debate among many so I'll also ask that each of you respect each others view. Don't whine if it what they say is taboo.

At the core, many people will agree that what is wrong is taking what it not rightfully theirs like killing someone which they decide to take their life away.
Of course, many will then go and say "oh but this is like that" and try to stretch the rules and the actual core believes of people. People like making their own rules and that much is obvious. What is your true believes with no strings attached and no one to judge?

If you could start with what should be the core right and wrong, what would you have? Please be mature about this topic, thank you. I'll post mine a bit later.

Marzen64
Posted on 09-10-12 03:54 AM, in Link | ID: 25933
Normal User
T̨̞͎͓͉̮͓̠o͚͎o ̴̘̼̳͔̥̺͓m̤̤a̸̳̫̜̠̬͉̗ny͕̳ ̥͈̘̞͟c͚̦̳̘̠̟ͅo҉̗͎̮̣͉o̷͍̤̥̞͔͎̹k҉͙̲̩͍̮̮s͈̼͎
Level: 82

EXP: 5007362
Next: 201865

Since: 01-02-12

Last post: 3398 days
Last view: 2685 days

And this is the kind of thread I love. I love philosophy. I especially love philosophy based on "good vs evil".

Now then. I ALWAYS look at everything from all conceivable angles, which can make coming up with a definitive reason for something being good or evil rather impossible. Even rape, RAPE of all things, has had a compelling story to explain why it was necessary (Only one I've ever found was in Dominic Deegan. She was gonna die otherwise), but of course, morality does not need to have any reason. It shouldn't bow to logic, and often does NOT. WHY is it morally wrong to kill another person? It just is.

As for that, there is only one "unforgivable" sin in my opinion, that I can currently think of (kinda tired), that basically will make me hate you no matter what. If you rape anyone, I WILL NOT LIKE YOU. Kinda obvious.

Lesser, but still incredibly evil sins, are as follows: Murder, flat out hatred for another person with intent to destroy that person, Bigotry with lack of reason (Like, I'd ask someone "Why do 'fags' need to go to hell?" "CAUSE THEY DO". That is stupid.)

And the things that I think are wrong and we should rid ourselves of: All the seven sins, hypocrisy, lack of submitting to logic, drugs....

If I'm missing something and I think of something later, I'll add it in. But yeah, I'd like to discuss this all with you guys cause I love this kinda realm of thinking :D

Scrydan
Posted on 10-03-12 09:10 PM, in Link | ID: 27616
Normal User
Scryforce - A place that still exists. Neat.
Level: 86

EXP: 5949004
Next: 193103

Since: 07-18-12

Last post: 766 days
Last view: 749 days
Let's toss some activity into this thread.

Now over the years some of my views have changed. I always viewed things that didn't place any real harm or cause possible death in another person's life to be just fine with me as long as I wasn't forced to do it if I didn't want to do so. Laws be laws. You just obey them knowing full well that a lot of them can be quite terrible and useless. Some we try to bend as far as possible.

Of course, as time goes by, you discover that often times what you want/need might be injected by other people. Some don't want sex before marriage and for some that might be their view. However, for quite a few others, it can be quite possibly how they grew up that changed it to be so.

I found a few such things to be fading away and not having the sway it did as I was a kid. Now I consider more things I didn't even allow the time of day. Maybe I am being more open minded but I was usually always like that. Perhaps I am growing even more so open to ideas many dare not trend into.

Now you can add anything you want but what I'd like to know among what you truly believe is wrong is this: What part of you felt strongly tacked on for a long time and soon had no sway over you after awhile? Where would you dare not trend and now do each day you get the chance?

Ryudo
Posted on 10-03-12 09:40 PM, in Link | ID: 27621
Retired Staff

Hoarder
Maoh
Level: 41

EXP: 453981
Next: 26164

Since: 01-01-12

Last post: 3765 days
Last view: 3765 days
The whole right and wrong thing for me is more of a check against morals. There are a couple of things that are just wrong no matter the reasoning behind it, such as rape and as I mentioned in a different thread, racism and descrimination.

I try to look for the logic in why people did what they did, then make a determination as to whether I think it was a bad call or not. Now there's some things that even if you have a logical reason for doing it, could still be very wrong to me. It really all depends on the situation.

FFXIV:
Jinpu Ishikawa

RO2:
Kougeki
Miwashi
Emikoku

Steam: Ryudof

Next newer thread | Next older thread
Main - The Officer's Club - What is right and wrong for you? (1)

Acmlmboard v2.5.5 (10/04/2020)
© 2005-2024 Acmlm, Emuz, et al.

Page rendered in 0.040 seconds. (777KB of memory used)
MySQL - queries: 80, rows: 482/515, time: 0.033 seconds.