Notings of Attention™
Acmlmboard 2 Released
Github/GIT | @acmlmboard
Chatting Places
Discord

Affiliates
Super Mario Bros. X | Kuribo64
Views: 8,952,279
Main | FAQ | IRC chat | Memberlist | Active users | Latest posts | Stats | Ranks | Online users | Search
03-28-24 03:23 PM
Guest: Register | Login

0 users currently in AcmlmBoard Developer Zone | 1 bot

Main - AcmlmBoard Developer Zone - My "temp" retirement
Next newer thread | Next older thread

Scrydan
Posted on 03-08-13 08:50 PM, in Link | ID: 31659
Normal User
Scryforce - A place that still exists. Neat.
Level: 86

EXP: 5933588
Next: 208519

Since: 07-18-12

Last post: 744 days
Last view: 726 days
Due to the nature of college and the like, I feel I can't do as much as I was. Not to mention if I am getting what I know straight, most of what I worked on is not even being used anymore (the perm system and some other associated with it). That might just be me missing something, but in any case, it does sadden me. So I may not have the heart in it that I originally did.

I think another problem is I got to involved with just about everything and not enough of the RPG. That is what I'd like to get focusing on. Of course, there's still a few issues that need tending to, but when I do get back to work, it will be mostly focused on that to a degree. I'll still fix what I know can be fixed and the like, but focusing on the RPG will give me something more to look forward to.

Probably would have had the whole system out by now if I had gotten to git sooner. That and my machines not memory/OS failure teasing me to death. So yeah, until further notice, there probably won't be much code submitted towards the board from me for awhile. Maybe with some time or something groundbreaking, that will change (maybe within weeks).
Thanks for understanding.

Emuz
Posted on 03-09-13 04:30 PM, in Link | ID: 31691
Site Administrator

11 Hit Combo:
Mother's Rosario
Level: 108

EXP: 13210685
Next: 309814

Since: 12-30-11

Last post: 115 days
Last view: 14 hours
Welp I am glad you are better computer wise. Don't worry about that shit happens :)

To explain what is going on may take longer than I have now, but I'll do my best.

The only true issue is well git. If you were on git we would have been able to better communicate when things happened and we could back out or branch of changes. The file issue, you alone syndrome, etc would not have happened.

I think that if you are able to return that's the only major change.

The other issue is well communication. I'm part to blame with my IRL events that made me vanish for so long. We as a group need to discuss everything. My role is to make sure everyone is working toward the primary goal, project the acmlm-yness, make sure everyone has what they need, and to break ties and the occasional 'executive decisions' that I hate so much.. but the group together makes the decisions. If they don't communicate we end up running into a big mess like we have now.

As for this 60% of your code. We're not just going to lob it off if we don't have to. We need to press on and in order to do so we need to start optimizing and bug fixing. Your perm system will be modded but not cut out (unless we have no choice). The arrays really are the only thing we're really going to need to rip out and redo. This is something you even showed some agreement on. We're not going to remove all your code, so don't worry about that. We're going to optimize it that's all. (yes that may mean scope removal but if you explain it in full detail maybe another dev will decide for it and it'll stay)

Core is more important than the RPG. So you did the right thing. Don't fret on that. ;)

One thing Bouche reminded me of when I we were talking the other day that code on group projects doesn't always get used/rewritten. I've had some of my stuff just outright removed before.. yeah it stings but it's important to know it's meant to be done for the project's well being.

If you look at the git repository right now I am splitting off a copy of 2.5.1+kafuka for possibly a mid term update to Kafuka. Than we are trying to learn about the changes in your code base. Going to optimize it and start working on it again.

That said the only thing that you'll need to do when you are able to come back is join the dev room and we'll get you setup for git. If you are gone a while you'll be able to join us in where we are. :)

The Dynamic Profile Administratorâ„¢

"Never Knows Best"
Note: if you can see this my layout broke. ALL THE CREDITS WILL BE REVEALED!!
'Victory Noriko' by @thatsheepagain.
'Chibi Dance Noriko' by @Haru__Kitsu.
'Deity's Night Out (Featuring Gabbie)'
by @thatsheepagain
Noriko Emotes by @Haru__Kitsu.
Side Bar Noriko by @thatsheepagain
'Noriko's Nature Walk' by @projectTiGER_
Emotive Noriko by @thatsheepagain.
"Space Candy Noriko" by BerryVerrine.
"Super Sharp Noriko" by Xionfes.
A gift illustration from the wonderful EverKinzPony!
"Magical Girl Noriko" by @cute_hospital!
"Patient Chibi Noriko" by @Ruii_ki!
'Dapper '60s Noriko' by @thatsheepagain.
'Shiny Chibi Noriko' by @inioli.
'Flower Veil Noriko' by @Sushiee_.
'Noriko in Realism' by @_Sarybuu.
'Noriko's Midnight Adventure' by @projectTiGER_
'Yukata Noriko' by @yunyunmaru_
'Birthday Wishes Noriko' by @thatsheepagain

Next newer thread | Next older thread
Main - AcmlmBoard Developer Zone - My "temp" retirement

Acmlmboard v2.5.5 (10/04/2020)
© 2005-2024 Acmlm, Emuz, et al.

Page rendered in 0.031 seconds. (779KB of memory used)
MySQL - queries: 63, rows: 488/520, time: 0.026 seconds.