Notings of Attention™
Acmlmboard 2 Released
Github/GIT | @acmlmboard
Chatting Places
Discord

Affiliates
Super Mario Bros. X | Kuribo64
Views: 9,000,467
Main | FAQ | IRC chat | Memberlist | Active users | Latest posts | Stats | Ranks | Online users | Search
04-23-24 07:05 PM
Guest: Register | Login

0 users currently in Kafuka Gaming Arcade | 5 bots

Main - Kafuka Gaming Arcade - Personal Best and Worst Games of 2006...I mean 2014, so far
Next newer thread | Next older thread

Next Jen
Posted on 04-25-14 05:48 AM, in Link | ID: 56638
Normal User
Trudging Scribe
Level: 88

EXP: 6530996
Next: 119668

Since: 08-04-12
Acmlmn' Since: 2001

Last post: 1578 days
Last view: 1328 days
Posted by Anya on 12-21-06 07:57 PM
First off, this is what you think to be true, not others. Play nice and its okay if you don't agree with what someone else has on their list. I think we can post in this thread like "normal" people with different views, and who will respond in a "polite" manner.

With that, Halo is overrated....*ahem*, you get the idea of what I'm trying to say here. :P

Lets start with the games that I think were the worst to come out for this year:

===
The Worst:

1. Jaws (Xbox, Ps2) - I would rather play the NES version of this game. Laggy controls and after about 20 minutes of play, all I wanted to do was to go out and find me a real shark to mess with.

2. 50 Cent Bulletproof (Xbox, Ps2, PsP) - If I wanted to watch music videos, I would watch MTV...oh wait, they don't even play music videos anymore....hmmm..okay, the only reason why people wanted this game was b/c it had 50 cent on the cover. Its more music videos than actual game play.

3. Madden 2007 (Xbox 360 version) - Hopefully they'll get it right eventually, but since a lot of content had to be taken out of the XB360 verson of this game, it has to be on my list. Of course, I'd rather be playing NCAA, but thats just me.

4. All the GTA rip-off games...you know who you are: 187: Ride or Die, Bulletproof, 25 to life...yea, we love to be so mad in the GTA games, but leave it to Rockstar, please.

5. Pimp my Ride (Xbox360) - *sighs* Play Import Tuner instead, please. Just b/c there is a show about it, doesn't mean you have to make a game about it.

6. Desperate Housewives (PC) - No, just no.

===

The Best:

1. Guitar Hero 2 (Ps2) - I know people who hate Sony, but got a Ps2 for this game and its predecessor. This time around there's a training session, and a great co-op play.

2. Final Fantasy XII (Ps2) - Yea, I'm still trying to figure out what's going on, but it seems that this game will never end..it has the Elder Scrolls feel to it, you know.

3. Final Fantasy III (DS) - We just keep selling out of this game at the store. Can't say I've played it personally, but if its flying off the sheves and no one is complaining..

4. Wii Sports (Wii) - who the hell knew that this game would be so much freaking fun!?

4. Rayman (Wii) - I won't even try this on other systems, save for maybe the DS in March...but when they should us the ads and gameplay for this game back in October, I knew this would be a game to get.

5. Company of Heroes (PC) - Yep, another RTS game, but at least this one can grab your attention for more than a few minutes. Hubby can't stop playing this game and when he lends a game out to a friend, its good.

6. Elder Scrolls Oblivion (PC, XB360) - Better on PC, I say and please, Sony, don't port it to the PsP!! What are you thinking!!!

7. Dead Risising (XB360) - This is why I want an XB360. Killing zombies, servbot, what more could you want!? Well, besides not being able to read the text unless you have a good TV to run it, but still, personally, I don't mind. It reminds me a bit of Zombies Ate my Neighbors.

8. Yoshi's Island (DS) - Got this one free from Nintendo, and I'm actually surprised on how much fun this game is. I'm actually recommending it to my customers.

9. Black (Xbox) - Someone remind me to finish this game? When people ask my for a good shooter, and I tell them about this game, more than half already own it. And I don't really play shooters, but this one is great.

10. Brain Age games (DS) - yes, learning cane be fun too...but it gets old after a while.

11. Tetris (DS) - Bring a classic puzzle game back on its feet.

12. Kingdom Hearts 2 (Ps2) - Oh right...this game came out this year, huh? Better than the last, less kiddish and well, it didn't let me down.

13. Godfather (Xbox) - All the scenes that you wanted to see in the movie...you can now do. I just love making my own character in a game and using him to push people into the street to get run over by a car. Sweetness. Sure, it did have that GTA vibe, but this one gets by me as being a good one.

14. New Super Mario Bros (DS) - Another one I need to beat still, but a hell of a lot of fun. I just loved how the opening part of this game made me feel like I was playing the NES version.

===

Okay, so this year had a lot more better games than the bad, which is good, beacsue bad games are bad. *ahem* Anyway, the games are not in any order, some are based on what I've played, my hubby played, or what's been selling out at my store and the customers are talking about. Don't kill me for not putting Gears of War up there, I haven't played it yet and I keep getting mixed thoughts about it at work. If I left anything out, I'll just have to post about it, won't I? Because I could have sworn there were more crappy games this year....hmmm....

Wait...I said Halo is overrated?! HAHAHAHA... *ahem* I love the Halo series. Yep, I have changed. I haven't played Halo in a while. Maybe I should.

Okay....2014 games.... Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD. Yes, a remaster of the PS2 game and I don't care, I loved it then and I love it now!

I have The Hobbit for XBox One that I need to play but I've been busy. With FFX HD.

Epele
Posted on 04-25-14 10:33 AM, in Link | ID: 56685
Site Administrator
The Sorceress.
Boing~

Level: 235

EXP: 200764799
Next: 1161093

Since: 01-01-12

Last post: 839 days
Last view: 7 hours
I've not got anything from this year.. but eh. I can quickly shortlist the worst:
* Anything published by Activision.

Yup. They seem to have found a way to publish rushed games which are going to sell more in DLC than the launch price.

The world could always use more heroes!

Gohan
Posted on 04-27-14 11:52 AM, in Link | ID: 57538
Normal User

Level: 130

EXP: 25155634
Next: 574943

Since: 06-19-12

Last post: 2827 days
Last view: 2720 days

I have friends on PSN that have the remaster, (I WANT IT SO BAD) and they say it's pretty amazing. Personally I'd have to say that interms of this year, not many games really pique my mind as interesting. I prefer the days when you could play Final Fantasy 12 with Vaan and such.. speaking of which, I stopped playing that game on the last boss. I loved 12! The free-fighting system was amazing, plus there were side bosses that weren't required. Though the second set of mines was annoying with all of those flans.

Next Jen
Posted on 05-02-14 02:56 PM, in Link | ID: 58834
Normal User
Trudging Scribe
Level: 88

EXP: 6530996
Next: 119668

Since: 08-04-12
Acmlmn' Since: 2001

Last post: 1578 days
Last view: 1328 days
I wasn't a fan of FF12. Took me a while before I went back to finish that game.

Next newer thread | Next older thread
Main - Kafuka Gaming Arcade - Personal Best and Worst Games of 2006...I mean 2014, so far

Acmlmboard v2.5.5 (10/04/2020)
© 2005-2024 Acmlm, Emuz, et al.

Page rendered in 0.038 seconds. (787KB of memory used)
MySQL - queries: 78, rows: 516/549, time: 0.030 seconds.