Notings of Attention™
Acmlmboard 2 Released
Github/GIT | @acmlmboard
Chatting Places
Discord

Affiliates
Super Mario Bros. X | Kuribo64
Views: 8,954,790
Main | FAQ | IRC chat | Memberlist | Active users | Latest posts | Stats | Ranks | Online users | Search
03-29-24 03:20 PM
Guest: Register | Login

0 users currently in Craziness Domain 二番: Kuchi Kopi's Bar | 5 bots

Main - Craziness Domain 二番: Kuchi Kopi's Bar - Ask the resident blunt douche bag
Next newer thread | Next older thread

Pages: 1 2 3

Kiyoshi
Posted on 02-04-12 12:18 AM, in Link | ID: 5106
Normal User
HEY HEY HEY STAY OUTTA MAH SHED
Level: 64

EXP: 2165106
Next: 48991

Since: 01-02-12

Last post: 4357 days
Last view: 4328 days
GreyMaria, your CSS has 5 errors according to csslint.net. This can give problems with people not using outdated browsers like you. Now STFU and stop hijacking other people's threads.

Lunaria, can you use Pony Creator to create your pony self, and post a picture of it here?

Lunaria
Posted on 02-04-12 01:40 AM, in Link | ID: 5108
Normal User
Professional Lurker
Level: 36

EXP: 283493
Next: 24617

Since: 01-03-12

Last post: 1984 days
Last view: 1983 days
Posted by Liliana
Would you want to ride an actual pony in real life?
No, that would be very cruel to the pony. They can carry a child but I doubt a full grown human would be possible.

Posted by Nicole
Whatever happened with that SMB2 hack you were working on?
I want to work more on that but I ran into a brick wall. I can't change ground graphics loading. I don't want to have any sand worlds. So I wanted to change the sand ground in world 2 to grass.

I thought this would be simply to change the graphics loaded. Which I did, and yes, all the graphics load. But I can't change ground setting. :/

Posted by Kiyoshi
GreyMaria, your CSS has 5 errors according to csslint.net. This can give problems with people not using outdated browsers like you. Now STFU and stop hijacking other people's threads.
A. You feed this derail yourself quite fondly by trying to prove your point so I don't think you have anything to complain about.
B. Please don't be rude about it. :/
Posted by Kiyoshi
Lunaria, can you use Pony Creator to create your pony self, and post a picture of it here?
I already did quite a long while for a our pen and paper campaign.

However, there are much about it I dislike. The ribbon should go since it's just dumb, the coat is a bit too blue and the mane and tail styling is not what I had in mind. (and there is a rendering problem on the mane and horn.)

Kiyoshi
Posted on 02-06-12 09:43 PM, in Link | ID: 5745
Normal User
HEY HEY HEY STAY OUTTA MAH SHED
Level: 64

EXP: 2165106
Next: 48991

Last post: 4357 days
Last view: 4328 days

Are you sure you don't like Spongebob?

ゼンガー・ゾンボルト
Posted on 02-06-12 09:59 PM, in Link | ID: 5748
Normal User

Roy Koopa
My name is Sanger Zonvolt. I am the Sword that cleaves evil!
Level: 153

EXP: 45193498
Next: 129906

Since: 01-04-12

Last post: 1031 days
Last view: 995 days
Why haven't you been posting at the Story F...er, Kitchen Table lately?

My youtube channel
FFRK Brotherhood

GreyMaria
Posted on 02-07-12 12:01 AM, in Link | ID: 5787
Normal User
~</3
Outta here.
Level: 99

EXP: 9683189
Next: 316811

Last post: 3913 days
Last view: 3702 days
Out of the stuff you currently have, what's your favorite mood avatar?

Lunaria
Posted on 02-07-12 12:23 AM, in Link | ID: 5792
Normal User
Professional Lurker

Posted by Kiyoshi
Are you sure you don't like Spongebob?
I saw one or two episodes of it when I was younger, it never made me come back to it. :/

It's not that I dislike it, it's just that I don't like it, period.
Posted by Trapster
Why haven't you been posting at the Story F...er, Kitchen Table lately?
Yeah, it should be named to the story forum or something that makes sense! :P
But to answer your question...

I signed up to the story forum since I have been part of things I thought where the same over on IRC before. The concept of having a story told by actions taken by every users character is quite fine and dandy. But it turned into a big pile of turd over here. I will go into that in a sec, but most importantly, I was not active here for a while and you went onwards, so I just said fuck it. I believe my activity here will be rather sporadically so it's not much point being part of things like that. (I'm so sorry Giga, if you want me out of it, that's cool. But hey, we should talk on skype more!)

Now, back to my main reasoning. You should, (even though it should be freaking obvious by the topic title) know that this is my opinion, nothing more, nothing less. The RP going on is terrible, and while I can rant on FOREVER as on why, I'll just focus on the downright obvious things.

1. Joining is freaking impossible.
Nonono, making a character and throwing it into the story is possible. But actually understanding what shit is going on is not. Yeah, I get it, you guys have been playing for a long time and want to keep going with your old characters that know each other, that's perfectly fine. However, frankly, I don't want to sit through an entire fucking archive of reading to understand what has been going on in the past. Now you may say: "But you don't have to know that to take part in what is going on now!" You're perfectly right! But your characters keep refering to it all the good damn time. -.-

2. There are no rules. (Which ironical may be part of the next point as well! :D)
Yes I did notice the rules topic and yes, I did read it. And while most technical rules are there, there are no rules on how to play. And while I love a good down to earth simple character to character interaction, that's not what we are going for here. (Plus, that would work better on IRC anyway. <_< ) And while some of the adventures and shit going on is simply light hearted fun, or epic fantasy/etc adventure; it all boils down to that there needs to boundaries on what to do.

Many seem to be under the impression that: The more free form = The more fun. This is terrible as fun is subjective. We don't have any form of game master system. This means that any person can fuck up any setting that they are part of.

For example, say you reach the throne room of the monarch you're trying to save from an invading army. This is a key NPC that one who started this setting want to continue play as further on. However, one of the party members proceeds to mass murder everyone in the room. Yeah, if you're a cool guy you can roll with it and go on with the setting as it was. But is that guy who killed the NPC (later to turn into PC) a douche bag for ruining the player who started the settings fun? If you're answer is yes, then you're missing out.

Fun is subjective, therefore, the player who killed all those NPCs may have had massive amounts of fun as he announces his brilliant custom plot twist that he was actually part of the enemy army all along.

What would you do if such a situation where to arise? Take the part of the oldest member, the one you like the most? Saying one is wrong would ruin the others fun.

This very complicated situation could be avoided by a simple rule, which most know as the golden rule: What the GM says goes.
But what if you don't want a GM? Well of course you don't that's why you play like this. But the setting starter could simple be the one who calls the shots. And while I don't have any other direct concrete rule suggestions to fix such problems that does not involve some form of game mastering, and I honestly can't be arsed to think up any more since neither you or me give a fuck, I'll leave it at that and move on.

The most important rule, however, when it comes to roleplaying is rule zero: Everyone should have fun.
If you break that rule, you're doing it wrong.

Oh and that rule about people not going overboard when making characters? Apparently you guys and me have a VERY different image of what going overboard means. (In fact, I think my character may have been a bit too powerful, then I took a look at some of the things you people had.... o.o)

3. The fuck is going on?
This is a major offender and flow breaker for me. People are roleplaying more than one character at the same time, often in the same post. I really should not need to explain this one at all. It should be pretty darn obvious it's a terrible idea in all senses.

Now, if you have any odd thoughts about this answer then I'm sure the thread title can answer most, if not all, of them!

But yeah, I assumed you roleplayers had no interested in changing your ways of playing (and I pray that you actually enjoy doing what you do.) And I don't want to be THAT guy who breaks rule zero. Furthermore, as stated before, I don't really have the time to stay dedicated.
Posted by GreyMaria
Out of the stuff you currently have, what's your favorite mood avatar?
I really like these two:

But I do have many good ones. :3

Trelior
Posted on 02-07-12 03:56 PM, in Link | ID: 5836
Normal User

Level: 127

EXP: 23538795
Next: 187771

Last post: 1234 days
Last view: 1234 days
Posted by Green-Kirby
[rant about the SF]
1. As much as I would like to start a whole fresh story with the old characters, it appears to be nigh impossible with the fact that certain people like to dwell on the old story. Personally, I'm trying to start a whole new chapter with my character, but a certain person keeps pestering me about tying into the old story. I only started it with the tie in to the old for familiarity, as well as a continuity nod of sorts.

2. There usually is a fair amount of out of character discussion going on behind the scenes, usually between myself, Kawa, and whoever is working on their story arc with the non-hub threads.

I would like to keep it where if one person heads off a thread, that only that person's character(s) are the center of the plot, without the plot hijacking. That doesn't always go as planned, though, and I'm going to attempt to get better ground rules set.

Posted by Trelior
Bear in mind, this is subject to change.
Is there for a reason. It's a work in progress that I haven't had time to tweak yet.

3. That's entirely at the fault of the author is question. Don't call the whole thing bad for the lack of clarity coming from one person.

Lunaria
Posted on 02-10-12 02:32 AM, in Link | ID: 6154
Normal User
Professional Lurker

Look, I'm not saying everything you guys are doing is terrible. But they way that's focused on past characters as well as the rather bad (from my view) playing technicalities, it just puts me off.

And frankly, I'm not going sit here and argue with you over this all either. It was quite clear it was not for me so I just stopped playing when I came back home after being away for a few days since I was behind in what had been going down. As well as not feeling like it was for me. I believe Kawa asked me about it on IRC the day I was first back and IIRC I told him I did not have time for it anymore. (which is also true. :P)

But yeah, I'm not going to go in there having a terrible time, and I am certainly not going to ruin it if you guys enjoy doing it. :/

GreyMaria
Posted on 02-10-12 02:35 AM, in Link | ID: 6155
Normal User
~</3
Outta here.

Posted by Trelior
Posted by Green-Kirby
[rant about the SF]
Personally, I'm trying to start a whole new chapter with my character, but a certain person keeps pestering me about tying into the old story.

Yeah, that, uh, kind of bothers me too. Trapster could do with stepping the fuck off in general, really.

> Green-Kirby: Ascend to god(dess?)hood.

Okay, you've done that. Now what?

Lunaria
Posted on 02-10-12 02:45 AM, in Link | ID: 6156
Normal User
Professional Lurker

Time to rack up some sweet loot by combining my moon bunny gear with my new princess things! :D

GreyMaria
Posted on 02-11-12 09:55 PM, in Link | ID: 6260
Normal User
~</3
Outta here.

Posted by Green-Kirby
Time to rack up some sweet loot by combining my moon bunny gear with my new princess things! :D

What.

Lunaria
Posted on 02-11-12 10:03 PM, in Link | ID: 6265
Normal User
Professional Lurker

Posted by GreyMaria
> Green-Kirby: Ascend to god(dess?)hood.

Okay, you've done that. Now what?

Posted by GreyMaria
What.
I thought it was a homestuck reference. :<

GreyMaria
Posted on 02-11-12 10:06 PM, in Link | ID: 6266
Normal User
~</3
Outta here.

Yes, but...

moon bunny gear?

Lunaria
Posted on 02-12-12 01:40 AM, in Link | ID: 6282
Normal User
Professional Lurker

Posted by GreyMaria
Yes, but...

moon bunny gear?
You know, that other thing I like?

There is a reason why I'm a fan of Luna. Also, the kids in homestuck don't really have their gear related to who they are a whole lot. Like Jades ironman suit for example. :P

Lili~ ♥
Posted on 02-12-12 01:41 AM, in Link | ID: 6285
Normal User
Queen Lesbian of Kafuka
Level: 159

EXP: 51560170
Next: 250587

Since: 01-06-12

Last post: 2726 days
Last view: 1249 days
Woah, that Luna avatar brings up memories. Sweet, sweet memories.

Can you believe I watched the very first episode of Digimon when it aired on TV? Good times.

Lunaria
Posted on 02-27-12 12:06 AM, in Link | ID: 7710
Normal User
Professional Lurker

Oh, I thought my thread died since no one did not ask anymore questions, but it seems I have questions left to answer! :specialed:

And yes, I can believe you, I was myself one of them. (Though the Swedish dub was terribad.)
Not quite sure how you drew that connection though. Lunamon was made for the Dawn/Dusk game on the DS, which where released after season 5 (savers/DATS) started. And yes, the Lunamon line was made entirely for that game alone.

I was really happy when I saw that she got at least a minor role in Xross wars! (season 6)

Next newer thread | Next older thread
Main - Craziness Domain 二番: Kuchi Kopi's Bar - Ask the resident blunt douche bag

Acmlmboard v2.5.5 (10/04/2020)
© 2005-2024 Acmlm, Emuz, et al.

Page rendered in 0.127 seconds. (894KB of memory used)
MySQL - queries: 180, rows: 563/600, time: 0.109 seconds.