Notings of Attention™
Acmlmboard 2 Released
Github/GIT | @acmlmboard
Chatting Places
Discord

Affiliates
Super Mario Bros. X | Kuribo64
Views: 8,952,164
Main | FAQ | IRC chat | Memberlist | Active users | Latest posts | Stats | Ranks | Online users | Search
03-28-24 11:37 AM
Guest: Register | Login

0 users currently in General Forum | 13 bots

Main - General Forum - Kafuka in 2016.
Next newer thread | Next older thread

Pages: 1 2

Emuz
Posted on 01-02-16 11:25 PM, in Link | ID: 88524
Site Administrator

11 Hit Combo:
Mother's Rosario
Level: 108

EXP: 13210453
Next: 310046

Since: 12-30-11

Last post: 115 days
Last view: 11 hours
Hello everyone.

So it's another year past. I hope it has been well for everyone. Hard to believe it's been 5 years since Kafuka started. Thank you to all the members who have passed through and all the ones still hanging around still. :)

This forum has evolved into a hangout for friends. It's seems due to many factors like forums being a dying art form we've not as active as when we started and that's fine. We're all here to hang out anyway. :)

I have been thinking of starting a pruning process to shrink down the forums as we don't need so many as we would have originally. I am also thinking we need to figure out something so we don't end up having all the chat being in the KCS thread. The whole point of KCS is to have activity elsewhere, and it all of it is in KCS we should consider what our goals are over all.

I am also going to completely open up the floor to everyone for suggestions and ideas again. This can be a direction you think Kafuka could go content wise, or contests, or theme suggestions. Anything you think would make Kafuka more fun or could improve it. Doesn't have be about getting more members, but it could be about making the members who are here more comfortable. Kafuka is a Pokémon so help it to evolve with battles!

I really would love to see if others would like to contribute various things, or have their projects at least get mentioned here. Nicole has already done so with her Aspect Star project. KP is planning to have something soon. (I'm looking forward to KP's project being finished) MrRean cross posts to Kafuka and that's been well appreciated.

I hope to go back to making events if I get the time. I know this year didn't have as many as last year. If anyone has any suggestions and if they are of a suprise nature just hit me up with a PM with the premise. :)

The Smash Brothers tourney was a little shaky but an overall success. I think next time we will manually setup games and not trust that built in function. I am thinking of setting up another soon. I'll keep you in formed.

Acmlmboard front. I am still waiting for Xeon to return to active status. I don't think I'll be working on it anytime soon. It's not dead, but it's well into the inactive state.

So what's been going on with me? Welp. I haven't be around I suspect that will continue for a while. My job takes up a good potion of my time indeed like always. However I have been getting more and more invested in Splatoon with what little free time I have. I know I have mentioned this but I've been hanging out with a group that plays Splatoon called "Oldies". That has let to me participating more in the game than I was before. My hopes is I might get good enough to compete with them in tournaments. (I'm watching Inkstorm III on twitch as I type this)

DJ Bouche, MrRean, Blackhole89, and I are going to finally fix the IRC server early in the year. That should finally make everything nice and smooth. I'll let you know more on that when it comes up.

If you need to get a hold of me please send me a PM and I'll get back to you when I can. However if you want a timely response I would message me on IRC.. or.. I'd actually say Discord. Why Discord? Easy it hits my phone. If you don't have it or want it than it's all good. The link for Kafuka's Discord can be found on the forums if you want it.

Other than that I am sure I left stuff out. Oh well that's life. I looking forward to 2016! Hopefully it is a good one for everyone!

明けましておめでとうございます。

The Dynamic Profile Administrator™

"Never Knows Best"
Note: if you can see this my layout broke. ALL THE CREDITS WILL BE REVEALED!!
'Victory Noriko' by @thatsheepagain.
'Chibi Dance Noriko' by @Haru__Kitsu.
'Deity's Night Out (Featuring Gabbie)'
by @thatsheepagain
Noriko Emotes by @Haru__Kitsu.
Side Bar Noriko by @thatsheepagain
'Noriko's Nature Walk' by @projectTiGER_
Emotive Noriko by @thatsheepagain.
"Space Candy Noriko" by BerryVerrine.
"Super Sharp Noriko" by Xionfes.
A gift illustration from the wonderful EverKinzPony!
"Magical Girl Noriko" by @cute_hospital!
"Patient Chibi Noriko" by @Ruii_ki!
'Dapper '60s Noriko' by @thatsheepagain.
'Shiny Chibi Noriko' by @inioli.
'Flower Veil Noriko' by @Sushiee_.
'Noriko in Realism' by @_Sarybuu.
'Noriko's Midnight Adventure' by @projectTiGER_
'Yukata Noriko' by @yunyunmaru_
'Birthday Wishes Noriko' by @thatsheepagain

Nicole
Posted on 01-04-16 12:19 AM, in Link | ID: 88536
Administrator
Goddess of the Apocalypse
Level: 199

EXP: 111218366
Next: 1918718

Since: 01-03-12

Last post: 229 days
Last view: 229 days
9119 4467 2
The big concern I have with trying to limit posting in the KCS thread (e.g., by limiting it to only posting the results) is that it seems like you can easily end up leading to eliminating that activity without replacement. I suspect part of that is that the new thread titles always give a new topic of discussion, even if it's fairly trivial. (So we can mostly thank Lili~ ♥ for that) For forum pruning, I always wonder how much it really does-- our forum list is pretty barebones.

As for me, any future projects of mine I also intend to post here, though it doesn't get much attention as is now...

Trelior
Posted on 01-04-16 09:58 AM, in Link | ID: 88538
Normal User

Level: 127

EXP: 23535754
Next: 190812

Since: 01-02-12

Last post: 1233 days
Last view: 1233 days
As I've said to Emuz on Discord, I've kinda drifted away from here over the course of the past few months.

With Final Fantasy XIV claiming so much of my time recently, I can't guarantee how much I'll be around.

Emuz
Posted on 01-04-16 02:00 PM, in Link | ID: 88541
Site Administrator

11 Hit Combo:
Mother's Rosario

Posted by Nicole
The big concern I have with trying to limit posting in the KCS thread (e.g., by limiting it to only posting the results) is that it seems like you can easily end up leading to eliminating that activity without replacement. I suspect part of that is that the new thread titles always give a new topic of discussion, even if it's fairly trivial. (So we can mostly thank Lili~ ♥ for that) For forum pruning, I always wonder how much it really does-- our forum list is pretty barebones.

As for me, any future projects of mine I also intend to post here, though it doesn't get much attention as is now...

The idea is not to limit post in it, but to try to open other avenues. Let's look at this from an outsiders view, "If you are only posting one thread why do we need so many forums?". While I don't really put any stock in such a statement (IE: we'll do whatever we want how ever we feel. etc) I'd just like to see if we can use some of the other parts of the board, or if not than figure out the best way to streamline everything. Lili's question of the day could be highlighted outside of KCS too, however at the moment there is no logical reason to split the roles of the threads. Plus the KCS currently gives incentive to respond.. (Which again, if we are limited to just the general forum(s) we can retool the forum layout.)

Really I am not looking to change anything people are using. Just want to clean up the inactive stuff, and maybe try a few new things. I also would like to see members take a more willing and active role in shaping this board as it's the communities board. If you are happy how it is that's fine of course, but I need to hear this explicitly. If we continue to stay a 'friends only' board than we have a chance to speak to that strength. If we evolve into a projects board, or some other form we have that chance too. I'm going to rely on you guys and gals to determine the boards future. :)

Posted by Trelior
As I've said to Emuz on Discord, I've kinda drifted away from here over the course of the past few months.

With Final Fantasy XIV claiming so much of my time recently, I can't guarantee how much I'll be around.

Welcome to MMO addiction. Have fun with that. BWAHAHAHAAHAHAHA

"Never Knows Best"
by @thatsheepagain

shibboleet
Posted on 01-24-16 06:47 PM, in Link | ID: 88748
Retired Staff

Porcupo
no
Level: 38

EXP: 353355
Next: 17092

Since: 02-02-13

Last post: 2238 days
Last view: 2207 days
meanwhile I'm just in my little node

having fun

Ailure
Posted on 01-27-16 08:23 AM, in Link | ID: 88779
Retired Staff

Buzzy Beetle
Red pandas and stuff
Level: 43

EXP: 530832
Next: 34214

Since: 01-01-12

Last post: 2458 days
Last view: 660 days
Posted by Trelior
That's been the case with me for awhile, but I'm always happy when I peek on to see it's all still around. :) Infact out of the Acmlmboard based boards, it seems like this one is the most active one currently.

Emuz
Posted on 01-27-16 02:16 PM, in Link | ID: 88783
Site Administrator

11 Hit Combo:
Mother's Rosario

I can't say which is more active. I stopped paying attention to other boards. I am glad it does indeed seem that's the case. I am worried the day will come where it won't be. Luckily, that's not yet the case. I don't know how much more I can do to help. I am basically doing my own thing these days on top of that.

"Never Knows Best"
by @thatsheepagain

Ailure
Posted on 01-27-16 08:26 PM, in (rev. 3 of 01-27-16 08:27 PM by Ailure) Link | ID: 88788
Retired Staff

Buzzy Beetle
Red pandas and stuff
Level: 43

EXP: 530832
Next: 34214

Last post: 2458 days
Last view: 660 days
Well I'm mostly admittly comparing to Board2 and Jul. I would be curious to know if there is any remaining active Acmlmboard based communities out there.

That said to be fair in Jul's cause, most of the community over there seems to have shifted over to IRC and the TCRF wiki (a lot of discussion on it's talk pages) who are fairly both really active. But the forum itself is really slow now.

ゼンガー・ゾンボルト
Posted on 01-27-16 08:50 PM, in Link | ID: 88789
Normal User

Roy Koopa
My name is Sanger Zonvolt. I am the Sword that cleaves evil!
Level: 153

EXP: 45187657
Next: 135747

Since: 01-04-12

Last post: 1030 days
Last view: 993 days
Posted by Ailure
Well I'm mostly admittly comparing to Board2 and Jul. I would be curious to know if there is any remaining active Acmlmboard based communities out there.

That said to be fair in Jul's cause, most of the community over there seems to have shifted over to IRC and the TCRF wiki (a lot of discussion on it's talk pages) who are fairly both really active. But the forum itself is really slow now.

Jul? I thought that place died.

My youtube channel
FFRK Brotherhood

Nicole
Posted on 01-27-16 09:11 PM, in Link | ID: 88790
Administrator
Goddess of the Apocalypse
Level: 199

EXP: 111218366
Next: 1918718

Since: 01-03-12

Last post: 229 days
Last view: 229 days
9165 4467 2
Posted by ゼンガー・ゾンボルト
Posted by Ailure

Jul? I thought that place died.

Jul is dead. And we have killed him. How shall we comfort ourselves, the murderer of murderers?" - Kafuka Nietzsche

But no, Jul is still around. It gets some activity, mostly via TCRF it seems like. But it sputters along-- still on AB1, even.

Arisotura
Posted on 01-27-16 09:42 PM, in Link | ID: 88791
Developer
pancakes
Level: 83

EXP: 5395291
Next: 36930

Since: 01-05-12

Last post: 654 days
Last view: 193 days
Posted by Ailure
Well I'm mostly admittly comparing to Board2 and Jul.

there's a difference between the two, though

one of them is actually maintained

want some revolution in your coffee?

Emuz
Posted on 01-29-16 01:47 PM, in Link | ID: 88831
Site Administrator

11 Hit Combo:
Mother's Rosario

Indeed.

This place is suffering a bit of neglect code wise, but it's still chugging along. I just used a few functions on the backend that I normally don't and found they didn't work. I wonder what happened with Xeon?

"Never Knows Best"
by @thatsheepagain

Titan91
Posted on 02-14-16 07:17 PM, in Link | ID: 89036
Normal User

Micro-Goomba

Level: 8

EXP: 2048
Next: 139

Since: 08-10-15

Last post: 2106 days
Last view: 580 days
This is the only board in the series I know of that still supports mood avatars. It's a small community but seems like there is always something to talk about.

Arisotura
Posted on 02-14-16 09:10 PM, in Link | ID: 89037
Developer
pancakes

Jul also has mood avatars, but they work differently

Emuz
Posted on 04-26-16 05:33 PM, in Link | ID: 89832
Site Administrator

11 Hit Combo:
Mother's Rosario

AB2 was built around self storage, AB1 and JUL work on the 'host it yourself' method. AB features are often traded between each branch, making it mostly have the same feature set with a different 'style'.

"Never Knows Best"
by @thatsheepagain

Kawa
Posted on 04-28-16 11:56 AM, in Link | ID: 89844
Retired Staff

Not okay
Prophet of Celestia
Level: 93

EXP: 7973765
Next: 79045

Last post: 1999 days
Last view: 314 days
Meanwhile, NoxSupport (running ABXD Mini) is just sitting there. Somebody registered yesterday.

Arisotura
Posted on 04-28-16 12:25 PM, in (rev. 2 of 04-28-16 12:28 PM by Arisotura) Link | ID: 89845
Developer
pancakes

The Jul method is more limited (16 fixed moods), but also easier to implement code-wise (no retrieving mood avatars from an extra database table...).

It also has the downside of requiring all the mood avatars to be stored under the exact same URL, which isn't compatible with all image hosts out there.

An interesting variant would take a "mood avatar sheet" that is basically a 4x4 grid of mood avatars. CSS would then be used to display the right one next to posts. Although sizing would be a problem for avatars smaller than 200x200.

Emuz
Posted on 04-28-16 01:59 PM, in Link | ID: 89846
Site Administrator

11 Hit Combo:
Mother's Rosario

The sheet method could add an extra layer of complication as not everyone makes their own avatars or could stitch them together without a tool to help. (plus as you said.. issues with smaller avatars.)

"Never Knows Best"
by @thatsheepagain

Arisotura
Posted on 04-28-16 03:27 PM, in Link | ID: 89851
Developer
pancakes

this would also be a problem for animated avatars

Kawa
Posted on 04-29-16 10:21 AM, in (rev. 2 of 04-29-16 10:23 AM by Kawa) Link | ID: 89862
Retired Staff

Not okay
Prophet of Celestia
Level: 93

EXP: 7973765
Next: 79045

Last post: 1999 days
Last view: 314 days
I'd imagine it'd be problem with timing of the individual animations, yeah.

Moodatars aside, why not gravatars?

Pages: 1 2

Next newer thread | Next older thread
Main - General Forum - Kafuka in 2016.

Acmlmboard v2.5.5 (10/04/2020)
© 2005-2024 Acmlm, Emuz, et al.

Page rendered in 0.112 seconds. (922KB of memory used)
MySQL - queries: 225, rows: 705/738, time: 0.080 seconds.