Notings of Attention™
Acmlmboard 2 Released
Github/GIT | @acmlmboard
Chatting Places
Discord

Affiliates
Super Mario Bros. X | Kuribo64
Views: 9,012,629
Main | FAQ | IRC chat | Memberlist | Active users | Latest posts | Stats | Ranks | Online users | Search
04-26-24 08:06 AM
Guest: Register | Login

Main - Posts by Trelior

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250

Trelior
Posted on 12-02-19 02:31 AM, in Trial by Dragon Blood Link | ID: 152974
Normal User

Level: 127

EXP: 23611612
Next: 114954

Since: 01-02-12

Last post: 1262 days
Last view: 1262 days
Time passes by agonizingly, but eventually, the sun begins to set.

Zarik stands and scoops Neris, despite her day-long pouting, and slings her onto his back like he had that morning.Stomping his foot, he yells, "Up and at 'em! Let's go!"

Cai finally breaks her silence, and says, "I think I'm comparable in strength to Zarik if I apply my full might."

Zarik laughs and says, "You may be comparable to me in this form, but you're unlikely to hold a candle to my true form."

"Fine, whatever." Cai audibly rolls her eyes, "At least admit that's strong for a woman."

"I never said you weren't." He slyly retorts.

Aren and Zissou get up and begin following quietly, having nothing to add to the conversation.

More time passes as they reach the meeting spot, well past nightfall.

There is no one else around, which angers the siblings.

Zarik calls out, "Hey! We're here! Where the fuck are you?"

"Yeah! Did you get scared by the fact that this is your final night alive?" Cai shouts immediately after.

No response.

Trelior
Posted on 12-02-19 05:06 AM, in Trial by Dragon Blood (rev. 2 of 12-02-19 06:24 AM by Trelior) Link | ID: 152978
Normal User

"Why must you be so insufferable?" a roar lets out as the behemoth of a red dragoness makes a hard landing on the platform before the party."I only wished to have a civil discussion with you, and yet you are so insistent on being combative this whole time!"

"For starters," Zarik says, "We're not stupid, we know what you're capable of. Shame on you for fooling us once, we're not about to let it get to 'shame on us for fooling us twice.'"

"Get to the point!" Cai shouts, "Zarik's right! We're not going to accept your overly sweet pseudo-platitudes! You may have conned me with your promise of a world of my own, but I assure you that I will not be entertaining any such attempts to win my good graces again!"

"Whatever do you mean, my daughter?" Aesalth says with an obvious attempt at hypnotism to her words.

Caionna throws her arm out and the aura kicks up again, suddenly, and it flares up as she shouts, "Shut the fuck UP!" the air goes deathly cold on the final word as she continues, "I just said I wasn't falling for your asinine attempts to prey on my innocence and naivete. In case you aren't aware of it, but the past several days of my life have essentially depraved me of what little innocence I had left, and it shattered much of my faith in everyone around me! Given what you allowed Zerilisk and his dreck to do to me after you realized that we were starting to wise up to your bullshit! I couldn't possibly PRETEND to act like I trust you any farther than I could throw your overgrown ass! And how DARE you call me your daughter after all of that?"

Before the dragon could retort, Zarik chimes in, "How could you call yourself the mother of either of us!? You were nothing more than an egg donor to our existence! An existence that is likely to be nothing more than centuries of ennui as we watch our mortal friends grow old and die countless times as we meet and grow attached to new ones, because we're cursed with the immortality of dragon birth. Couple that with the fact that we're cursed with half-blood genetics, which precludes us from having children of our own! No. That wasn't good enough for you! You had to try to use us to fuel your desire to ascend to godhood by stealing Caionna's power and relying on my unwritten fealty to her to make sure nothing would interfere with your plan!"

Aesalth growls, clearly daunted by the failure to woo the siblings again, "Then allow me to welcome you back into the fold as the nobility you deserve!"

"You mean the nobility we were stripped of when you abandoned us in Bruon? The nobility that you tried to deny,even as you tried to kill us decades ago?" Zarik lashes back.

"No." Caionna shouts, "She tried to kill you using me to do it, but didn't foresee you surviving. So she further abandoned us both!" Her anger continuing to rise.

"Then what do you want from me?" Aesalth roars.

"Isn't it obvious?" The siblings shout in unison, "Your death!"

Zarik unceremoniously drops Neris, and points to Aren to command them both. Neris' retreat, and Aren's relinquish of his weapon. Both wordlessly acknowledge him, Neris hurries to Zissou and hides behind him as Aren tosses the bow. Nocking an arrow, he begins to aim it at Aesalth.

The dragon scoffs, and says, "And just what do you intend to do with a pitiful toy like that, Zarikonis?"

"Don't fucking call me that!" Zarik shouts, "And this is a little thing called diversion!"

"You mean like this?" Aesalth says calmly, as Neris is suddenly overcome by the dragon's charms and tries to rush Zarik.

Taking a sharp breath, he says quietly, "I know I said I wouldn't do it, but forgive me, kid." As he winds up his left leg and gives her a stiff donkey kick to the chest, sending her sprawling backward.

Neris hits the ground hard and rolls roughly back in Zissou's direction with a series of less than healthy sounds being made in the contact of the girl's body and the ground.

"What in the bowels of the hells was that, Zarik!" Zissou exclaims angrily.

"A desperate measure!" Zarik snarls, "Look! I'm not happy about it either! She was charmed and rushing me! The bitch seems to be under the impression that Neris had me under a charm as well, and that I would pull a punch to let the kid dry hump my leg! Stabilize her and do what you can to keep her alive! I know I hurt her pretty bad with that!"

Zissou nods and scoops the battered girl into his arms. Aren reacts just as quickly and gets to work on healing the fresh wounds.

Aesalth growls, and says, "You may have sussed that out, but she still distracted you enough to allow this!" She takes a deep breath and begins to launch an assault of fiery breath at Zarik.

Cai is too busy channeling her anger and charging a spell to react to help Zarik.

Trelior
Posted on 12-02-19 10:25 PM, in Trial by Dragon Blood Link | ID: 152988
Normal User

"Heh" Aesalth grunts then roars, "The wood rat wants to pretend he's a threat? You think I care about your puny hatred? Good! You are of no concern to me! I would love to see you try to even injure me!"

Cai snaps out of her focus when Bel begins to punch the ground, "You idiot! Stop that!!" As she tries to stabilize her footing with each quake, she picks up a loose rock and throws it at Bel in an attempt to get his attention, "We're not on solid ground! Stop! You'll make the platform fall you fool!"

Aren and Zissou try their best to stand clear of Bel's attacks as they tend to the well-being of the severely wounded Neris. They narrowly escape getting caught in the vortexes as they swell and fly toward their target.

Aesalth sees the attack coming and leaps into the air, dodging all but one, which gets a powerful slash in that nearly severs her tail. She roars in pain and bellows, "You merely got lucky, you retched worm!"

Something snaps in Cai with those words and her aura flares once again. Her bandanna and the loose edges of her clothes begin flapping violently in the air being sicked up by the aura. Her muscles tense as she draws her rapier and holds it vertically, at arm's length, blade to the ground. Resting the crystal upon the pommel, it begins to glow as she begins charging a new spell.

Not wanting to be one-upped by Bel, Zarik runs to Aesalth's flank and nocks a three new arrows. Taking aim at the slice in her tail, he calls out with a chant, "This Barrage of heavenly Empyrean Arrows shall see to it that you are not long for this world!" then he releases the bowstring, loosing the three arrows, bathed in a golden light. Each arrow makes its mark and works its way into the open wound in their victim's posterior, driving into the bone and making an audible snap and crunch with each successive blow.

Aesalth roars in pain and staggers in the air, bellowing flames indiscriminately at the ground below.

Trelior
Posted on 12-04-19 01:09 AM, in the thread has farted Link | ID: 153002
Normal User

Trelior
Posted on 12-04-19 06:11 PM, in Trial by Dragon Blood (rev. 2 of 12-04-19 06:15 PM by Trelior) Link | ID: 153008
Normal User

Despite being knocked off kilter by the arrows in her exposed wound, the lighting magic merely rolls off of her. The impact of the bolts push her, but naught else happens. Fighting through the literal pain in her ass, she laughs and says, "Is that all you have, you little rat?"

Zarik looks up and sees Bel's spell amount to little more than a fancy-looking fizzle, and calls out, "Uh... Looks like some nasty spell resistance going on. We're gonna have to come up with something. Unless Cai has a better idea..." He looks over to her.

Caionna is not paying any attention to anything around her. Her body is trembling immensely from the power she is gathering, and the aura has grown significantly. From Zarik's perspective, she is standing a significant distance from the others, yet the raging purplish fire is nearly upon them.

Zarik realizes this is likely going to be painting a target on her, so he nocks another arrow and lets it loose at Aesalth's face. He isn't expecting much to come of it, but only needs to continue his diversion.

The first arrow makes its mark on Aesalth's cheek, but harmlessly bounces off. Not even the slightest of reactions.

Shaking his head, Zarik nocks several more arrows and aims directly skyward. The arrows glow, and he cries out, "Your end is night from this Rain of Death!" and looses the bowstring. No more than five arrows visibly fly from his bow, but an absolute deluge fall in a circle centered on the foe. These arrows appear to actually make purchase in her hide as she tumbles from the air and lands hard on the rocky platform.

Aesalth roars and flaps her wings defiantly before raising her tail as she begins charging her retaliation, aimed directly at Caionna.

Trelior
Posted on 12-04-19 08:35 PM, in Trial by Dragon Blood Link | ID: 153010
Normal User

Aesalth cries in pain as Bel uses her severed tail as a bludgeon before having been knocked unconscious by the repeated blows all over her body and head.

Caionna watches the scene unfold before her as the trembling caused by her focus begins to make her levitate. Clenching her eyes shut, they fly open, both of her eyes are burning with a bright and golden glow. She begins to shout her incantation, "Neither the heavens nor the hells hath the fury of a wizard scorned!"

Realizing what's about to happen, Zarik holsters his bow and pulls out a fife. With a quick jaunty tune, he sprints at amazing speed toward Bel, shouting, "Get out of the way, moron! She's about to go off!" Tackling the elf at full speed, he sends both himself and Bel srpawling clear of the incipient blast.

"See the wrath come forth as recompense for sins innumerable comes crashing down upon you!" Caionna continues to cant, completely oblivious to the bravado and gravitas of the sight and sound as the crystal upon her pommel begins to shift in color from its purple to blinding white, "This world has no place for such evil as you, and you shall feel the righteous wrath of those whom you have used for selfish goals! May you be consumed in the burning might of my MAGIC BURST!"

Suddenly, the crystal bursts into a fine powder of shards and a prismatic blast shoot forth from Caionna's location aimed straight at Aesalth's inert body. In an instant, the blast engulfs the dragon as the incantation prescribed. The night's darkness is flushed away as the entire area glows as bright as though the sun of high noon was bearing down with the ferocity of weeks-long drought. The glowing blast continues as the crystals Caionna had brought with her began a chorus of shattering to feed the force behind the blast.

Several entire minutes pass before the light begins to wane. As the dust settles and visibility returns, there is a cone of scorched rock with an origin point of where Caionna was standing to where Aesalth would be expected to be and several meters beyond. In the place of the great dragon lie... Nothing. She is positively eviscerated and blown to dust. That which was, is no more.

Zarik and Bel landed mere centimeters clear of the edge of the blast zone, but are otherwise hale and whole.

Aren untucks himself from around Zissou and Neris, having jumped over them to protect them from the explosion, stares in awed horror at the distinct lack of a foe before him. "By the Author!" he exclaims, "What did you do?!"

No response. Where Cai once stood, lays the unconscious body of a silver dragon. She is approximately ten meters in length from snout to tail, her splayed out wingspan reaching a modest seven meters. Her scales glitter in the low light of the moon, now high in the sky. Her horns make a gorgeous crown around her head, and the talons of her rear legs are a modest 10 centimeters in length and a brilliant comet blue like the rest of her scaleless areas on her body.

Zarik picks himself up off the ground and calls out, "If you think that was impressive, you should have been inches away from it. I think I might have gotten a few burns from that!' Taking some time to stretch and let his joints crack, he extends a hand down to Bel, and asks, "You okay, Chief?"

Neris squirms in Zissou's grasp, and calls out, "Caionna!" Trying to get free, she cries, "Is she alright?!"

Zissou holds firm and says, "Calm yourself, child! We will assess her in a moment!"

The three men gather around the dragon, unsure if she really is Caionna.

Trelior
Posted on 12-04-19 11:18 PM, in the thread has farted Link | ID: 153019
Normal User

Would it surprise you if I told you that I edited my Final Fantasy ROM that my Bane spell actually says that when the spell hits?

Trelior
Posted on 12-05-19 01:11 AM, in Trial by Dragon Blood Link | ID: 153023
Normal User

Zarik catches the elf as he staggers, saying as he cranes his neck to look around, "If I had to guess, I'd say Cai blew her into a different plane's seventh level of hell. There's not a trace of her aside from scorched earth."

Looking this new dragon over, Zarik continues, "This has to be Cai. The scales, the size for her age..." Spotting the quillon of the rapier from under the dragon's right wing, "I know that rapier handle from anywhere. I recognize my handiwork, and that sword was a pain in the ass to meet her specifications!"

Neris got away from Zissou as he stood up to walk over. She sits, hunched at Caionna's jowl, crying, "C'mon Cai! We won! Wake up!"

Aren shakes his head, after holding a hand out to magically check Cai's vitals, "I don't think that's gonna happen, kiddo. She's alive, but basically in a coma."

"After an explosion like that," Zissou states flatly, "It's amazing that any of us are still alive!"

Zarik approaches Neris, putting a hand on her head, he says, "I think she needs to rest a bit. Give her some room, please."

Neris defiantly swats Zarik's touch away and lets out a petulant "hrmph!" and gets up as requested, staggering to Zissou, she says, "I'll listen, but I am NOT happy with you!"

"What's she mad about?" Zarik asks, seemingly having forgotten he kicked her with the force of a thousand suns just moments prior.

"Dude!" Aren exclaims, "You should know DAMN WELL why she's pissed at you!"

"Something, something... Desperate measure..." Zissou mocks.

"Oh shit! That!?" Zarik says with wide eyes, "I'm sorry Neris! I really am!"

"Whatever, jerk!" the girl says snottily, standing behind Zissou and pouting.

"I did that for your safety!" Zarik exclaims to an upturned nose, "Alright! Fine! Pout about it then!" The volume and timbre of this exclamation being oddly enough to upset the precarious stability of the mountain shelf.

"Uh... Guys!" Aren calls out, "Can we put a pin on your bickering and get the hell off of this thing before this shelf decides to take us with it?"

"Good idea, Aren!" Zarik yells, "Grab the kid and your dad and book it!" Focusing to transform, he shouts at Bel as he scoops Cai up under her shoulder, "If you can manage, buddy, I need you to hulk out again and help me with her! Get her tail!"

Trelior
Posted on 12-05-19 02:44 AM, in Trial by Dragon Blood Link | ID: 153025
Normal User

"GodsDAMMIT!" Zarik yells, "I get that the fight took a lot out of you, but I can't go quickly with her tail dragging! Even if you're just supporting the weight with your body and keeping up, it'll help and take less effort than using THE POWER OF THOUGHT!" The ending of his sentence has a dramatic reverb on it. "Hop to it! Aren'll patch you up when we get to safety!"

As soon as Bel assumes position, Zarik picks up the pace and semi-comically shouts "Hup!" with every step the duo takes.

No sooner does the party touch Terrafirma does the precipice collapse onto the platform below, kicking up an ungodly amount of dust and heat from the snuffed out braziers. Zarik continues to push Bel to his limits as they head to the edge of the nearby forest from earlier in the evening.

Gently letting Cai's upper body to the ground, he rushes to Bel as fast as his lumbering form will allow and catches him as he collapses. Dragging the elf over to a tree, he yells right into Aren's ear, "MEDIC!"

Aren puts the duo he's carrying down and puts a hand up to his ear hole and shouts back at Zarik, "I'm right beside you, dickhead!"

"I know. That's why I did it!" Zarik laughs as he shifts back into his human shape.

Aren shakes his head, and says, "I dunno if you're awake enough to hear me, Bel, but you did great up there... Whatever you did..."

Neris' scowl at Zarik breaks and the corner of her mouth curls into a smile. Zarik points at her and says, "Don't think I didn't see that!"

Her response is an attempt at another scoff, but it's choked with giggles and she hides behind Zissou.

The old dog rolls his eyes and mutters under his breath, "Kids..."

Trelior
Posted on 12-05-19 08:37 AM, in Trial by Dragon Blood (rev. 2 of 12-05-19 05:59 PM by Trelior) Link | ID: 153027
Normal User

"I'm sure she'll be fine." Zarik says, "If she made it this far, this is a well-deserved nap. If anything."

"I hope you're right..." Aren says somberly.

Zissou looks up at the sky and sees the moon directly overhead. "Hmm... Midnight." He muses, "Curious... I could have sworn that battle took no more than an hour at the very most." He then starts digging through his bag for the components of the shelter spell.

"Maybe Cai's burst had a time dilation, or she really did expend energy for that long. It's hard to tell." Aren posits.

"Does it matter? We're in no shape to try to leave the mountain tonight, regardless of the time." Zarik says grumpily, "Cai's out cold, Bel's seeing stars, and I don't think I can carry anyone right now." glancing at Zissou, he says, "think you can do two shelters alone, and butt them together into one big shelter so everyone's inside?"

"I am certain it can be arranged." The old man replies with a nod. "Give me a moment. This time, I shall not use the alarm enhancement."

"And I'm pretty sure the brat won't try to pull anything tonight since she's apparently so damn mad at me!" Zarik says, staring as if straight through the Nu Mou.

Neris peeks around Zissou, thinking she's being sly, but is met with full, wide-eye contact from Zarik. She yelps slightly and hides again.

Moments later, the shelter is built as requested and Zarik shoos everyone inside. "Bel, get some sleep, or whatever it is you do. Aren, get the bedding ready for everyone. Old man, make a makeshift bedding for Cai while keeping an eye on Neris. I'll drag Sleeping Ferocious in in a minute."

Aren and Zissou nod in agreement with the taskmaster and get dutifully to work.

With a sightly exasperated sigh, Zarik looks at his comatose sister and says, "Alright, chica, lets get you scooted." as he clumsily wrangles her through the narrow doorway. His struggle to get her through coincidentally succeeds as Zissou was finishing up his task. The two men try to situate the dragon in a way that would be comfortable for her, then settle in for bed.

"Thanks guys." Zarik says, drifting quickly off to sleep with loud snoring.

"Uh... Su--" Aren begins, but is but off by the aforementioned snores. With a shrug, he follows suit.

Zissou lays Neris down to bed in a cot on the opposite side of the room to Zarik, positioning himself and Aren between them. Tucking her in, he says, "Now be a good girl and sleep in your own bed tonight. No shenanigans. Do you hear me?"

With a forlorn frown, Neris replies, "Yes, sir, Mister Zissou." wriggling uncomfortably, she adds, "But why did you tuck me in without letting me get out of this outfit?"

"Because I lack the energy to wrestle with getting you into bedclothes, that is why. Now hush and get some overdue rest." He says sternly, but kindly.

"Yes sir..." Neris grumbles and closes her eyes.

Trelior
Posted on 12-05-19 06:49 PM, in Trial by Dragon Blood Link | ID: 153033
Normal User

The night passes quietly, aside from Zarik imitating a sawmill. By the time anyone rouses, it is well past midday.

Zissou is, oddly enough, the first to rise for the day. He looks over at Neris' cot to see it empty of the small girl, with the shirt laying haphazardly amongst the blankets. Heaving a gruff sigh, he heaves himself out of his bedding and goes to investigate where she disappeared to.

It doesn't take him long to find her nestled into the little spoon with Zarik, his arm subconsciously wrapped around her belly, but over the blanket. He suspiciously tugs the blanket down slightly and sees she's still wearing her chest wrap. With a shake of his head he walks away and mutters to himself incoherently. Getting a bite of food from his bag, he goes to sit by Caionna to tend to her while he awaits the others.

Approximately twenty minutes later, Aren rises and readies himself for the day as well. He sees the two empty cots to his right and wonders where they went off to before looking over to the far side of the shelter and seeing Zissou meditating next to Cai. Walking to Zissou and sitting down, he spots the extra little body in Zarik's cot and has half a mind to do something about it.

Zissou holds out a paw to the Auri's chest and shakes his head, and says in a hushed tone, "Leave them be. If there was any misbehavior, a fuss would have been made of it. I assure you."

"If you say so..." Aren murmurs in response. Looking Cai over he says, "How's she doing?"

"Not terribly, but not fantastically either." The old man says. "We will not know for sure until we can get her to safety."

There is a sudden, sharp rapping on the door of the shelter. The noise is loud enough to spook Zarik awake with a startled, "What the fuck!? Sound the alarm! Intruder alert!"

The sudden jump and shouting propels Neris out of her comfy cuddling into nigh full-blown panic, she lets out a short burst of shrill squeaks not dissimilar to a semi-automatic rifle fire.

The combines reaction send both of them tumbling to the floor on opposite sides of the cot.

Aren covers his ears and lets out a chuckle, "They couldn't have coordinated that if they tried."

Zarik sits up and cracks his neck before feigning calm, "Alright! I'm up!" Picking himself up off the floor, he sees Neris scurry back to her cot. "Excuse me!" he says, "Just what do you think you were doing?"

Realizing she's caught, she sheepishly chirps, "I told you, I just wanted to feel safe, so I snuck into bed with you!" motioning herself over, she reveals that she had only removed her shirt, "See? I'm still wearing what Miss Caionna gave me to wear yesterday. The shirt was too stuffy to be comfortable in, and I figured since I was up, I would try to snuggle. Is that so wrong?" She says, starting to cry.

Zarik checks the cinch on his belt, and finds it the same way he had it tied the night prior. Raising an eyebrow, he says, "I suppose there's not, but you really need to listen when we tell you to stay put." motioning to her, he continues, "Put your shirt back on and come here."

As Neris wipes a tear from her eyes and fights the shirt she inadvertently partially destroyed due to fighting the clasp and her wing window, she hobbles over to Zarik as the sharp knock recurs. A calm sounding female voice calls out, "I know you are all awake now. The little one's voice is shrill enough to wake the dead. May I enter?"

Zarik calls out, "No. We'll come outside. Give us a minute, please."

"By all means," the woman replies, "Take your time. The day is already late as it is."

Trelior
Posted on 12-05-19 07:18 PM, in the thread has farted Link | ID: 153034
Normal User

The randomizer community helped me with a lot of it. I can't take credit for much of it. Pretty neat though, isn't it?

Trelior
Posted on 12-05-19 08:31 PM, in Trial by Dragon Blood (rev. 3 of 12-05-19 09:00 PM by Trelior) Link | ID: 153039
Normal User

"Forgive me, sir." says the sharply dressed woman at the door, "I am here as an envoy for the remainder of the Reach chromatic council. We wish to extend a thank you for dealing with a troublesome council members. Namely Great Wyrm Aesalth and Lesser Black Zerilisk and the entirety of his legion. That was quite the feat."

Zarik perks a brow, quizzically, "That was fast... What's the catch?"

The envoy adjusts her glasses and speaks plainly, "Word spreads like wildfire when the spark comes from word of the Great Wyrm's estranged children bring forth a entourage and wreck absolute havoc."

Zissou pipes up and says, "We are hardly an entourage, my dear. We are very much a ragtag bunch of misfits."

The envoy nods in reverence and replies, "Very well, sir. The point still stands, we wish to speak to Master Zarik and Mistress Caionna as soon as possible."

"Yeah," Aren interjects, "That's not happening anytime soon on Cai's part. She blew her mother to the hell to end all hells, and she kiiiiiiinda put herself into a mana deficiency induced coma."

Zarik cuts in and says, "And I'm not going without her, or any of these guys, to meet with anyone. I need my insurance policy in case you guys try to pull a fast one!"

"Understood." the dragon speaks stoically, "I would assume you wish to have transportation to a place in which you may treat the Mistress and the avian child."

"Actually, that would be fantastic. Could you send for aid to take her to the foothills of Bruon?" Zarik inquires.

"As per our agreement with the elders of the village; we shall not take you directly to your friend's inn, as I am sure you are wont to request. We may take her, as well as any others, to a nearby outpost." The woman continues, never breaking the cold facade, "Surely that is acceptable."

"What guarantee do we have that we won't be double crossed?" Zarik demands, pensively.

"You have the word of The Great Blue, Ruki." The envoy speaks with a slow blink to her eyes.

"Wait, Ruki?" Aren exclaims, "Didn't that dragon try to intercept us by force on our way to the village?"

"Negative. The man you met may have been a follower of the Blue, but he was ensnared in Aesalth's wretched charming curse." The woman monotonizes, "We are also aware of the swift work you made of the ones that attacked you. While it is a shame that those otherwise innocent lives were lost, you and yours had a mission that could not be compromised. While we mourned their loss, we cannot fault your defensiveness."

"Let's get to the point, please." Zarik asserts, "What do we need to do to get you to send your aid? We can't be droning back and forth all day. We need to get to safety. Posthaste. Caionna and Neristhana need immediate medical attention, and I won't standby while you talk in a cold, robotic tone and tell us shit we already know!"

"Very well." The envoy states banally, "I insist you break camp and get Caionna to a place where she may be easily retrieved and standby." Shifting to show slender deep blue wings, she takes to the sky and flies eastward.

"Affirmative! We shall follow your directions to the letter" Zarik mocks, "Fuck me! I've created AIs with more personality than that woman!"

Neris perks up at the colloquialism Zarik used, to which he points at her and says in a tone similar to reprimanding a disobedient pet, "No! Don't even!" To which she lets her head hang sadly.

"Bel, gimme a hand with Cai. Would ya?" Zarik says as he begins to lift the unconscious dragon onto his back.

Trelior
Posted on 12-06-19 01:03 AM, in Trial by Dragon Blood Link | ID: 153047
Normal User

Upon getting outside and dismissing the shelter, the group stands around and begins discussing the plan of action.

"I don't trust them either," Zarik begins, "But I don't want to put undue exertion on you for a teleport for five other people! You could have easily used the rest of at least two more hours."

"For what it's worth," Zissou interjects, "I am also capable of a similar teleportation spell to the one Belgarion knows, but I see your point Zarik."

"Her cold demeanor makes me uneasy..." Aren chimes in, "Gonna have to side with Bel on this one. If they want to parley now, they do it on OUR terms, on OUR turf!"

All four men draw their gaze to Neris, whom had been fighting with her shirt the entire time of the exchange, and is ignorant of the topic. She stops cold when she hers the room fall silent, then exchanges a glance with a scan of everyone's face. Her face goes pale, slightly scared about what's gong on. "W-what?" she warbles.

"We need a tiebreaker on how we want to get off the mountain." Zarik says in a tone that he hopes is reassuring.

"Uh..." The girl stammers, "I-I don't know! I guess I'll vote with Zarik's side!"

"Are you sure?" Zarik questions.

Feeling cornered, she questions herself and says, "Alright then! Zissou! I'll vote with him, then!" Feigning confidence in her vote, she merely blindly sided with the other manshe had been growing attached to.

"Well, I guess that settles it." Zarik says, "We wait for the Bluebot to return, if only because we inadvertently scared the kid into blind voting with us due to situational ignorance."

Neris turns her back to the group, hangs her head, and starts solemnly kicking at the loose dirt. She seems to be ashamed of Zarik's newest assessment of her.

Trelior
Posted on 12-06-19 02:26 AM, in Trial by Dragon Blood Link | ID: 153050
Normal User

"I do not know," Zissou begins, "But perhaps the stoicism of the envoy was to try to avoid invoking any wrath. It seemed very unnatural. Perhaps they are genuinely scared."

As if in response to Zissou's positing, a tall, elderly looking woman in all blue regalia lands gracefully in the clearing among the party. Gazing over the group with a non-threatening gaze, her eyes flash, one piercing green whilst the other an electric yellow. She smiles warmly.

The envoy from earlier lands behind this new woman with slightly less tact and grace, taking a reverent knee, she speaks, "I present to you, Ruki the Blue, sirs."

Zarik readies his bow with an arrow nocked, ready to attack if needed. "The lightning queen herself," Zarik says sharply, "What brings you here?"

"Please forgive my envoy, Young Zarik." Ruki states in a calm, regal tone, "Your friend certainly has the right of it. Many of the lesser dragons around the Reach are frankly terrified of what you and your sister have done in the recent days."

"Forgive me for speaking out of line," the envoy speaks with actual emotion to her voice, "But we truly are frightened of incurring your wrath. Forgive me for seeming cold and detached, perhaps I came off as passively aggressive."

"And this groveling at my feet is only going to piss me off!" Zarik growls, "Stand and look me in the eye if you're going to speak to me. I am not one of your dragons, I will not be given a false pretense of equality to you. While I am not your enemy today, I am also not your ally, and I have no intentions of being as such! However, if you don't drop the formality and address us as you would a peer, I can't guarantee an even temper."

"Understood." Both the Great Wyrm and the envoy state with a nod, to a suspicious glare from the silver.

"If I may, Z." Aren interrupts, "They seem a bit too willing to please. I wouldn't drop my guard."

"I don't intend to!" Zarik says without breaking eye contact with Ruki or lowering his bow. "Neris! Come here!" he orders sternly.

Neris snaps to attention and briskly, yet clumsily, hops to Zarik's flank.

"It's a shame what they did to her." Ruki begins, with a more candid, yet regal tone. "Zerilisk deserved what came to him for what he did to any of those women, let alone to Caionna and... Neris, you called her?"

"Indeed." Zissou speaks, "Allow me to state this before the temperament of our leader turns south on you." Zarik gives a slow nod, his eye contact unflinching as the old dog speaks. "It appears as though your envoy neglected to tell you that we are adamantly against a parley with you at the moment. Take us to Bruon in such haste as to have it be done yesterday."

"Far more eloquent than I would have said it. Thanks Zis." Zarik says gruffly, "Exacty how do you intend to get us down with just the two of you?"

"Simply." The envoy speaks, "We shift to our dragon forms and the two of us carry your allies that can't fly while the ones who can fly in centurion formation around us."

Ruki allows her envoy's speaking out of line due to the precedent Zarik just set, clearly upset by it, but adds, "We will submit to being held at weapon point to ensure you and yours are in control of the situation. We are at your mercy, Zarik, we do not want further trouble."

Putting his arrow back in the quiver and places his bow back on its hanger, maintaining eye contact, he says, "Fine. But absolutely no funny business. Ruki will carry Caionna and Arendal. They are the largest, and should be well within the capacity of a Great Dragon. Zissou will be on the wing of your hitherto unnamed envoy, since she is likely smaller and not as strong. I will carry Neris because I kinda have an unspoken understanding with her. Bel will fly on the opposing flank. Both men on your backs are armed with blades of their own, I will be ready to strike with a breath attack, and Bel will not hesitate to unleash a spell volley at the slightest notion of foul play. You are on thin ice."

Changing shape, he kneels for Neris to get situated on the back of his neck. His scales sparkle in the sunlight, as does Cai's.

Ruki and the envoy transform as well and ready themselves for their passengers. Once mounted, the party takes to the sky toward the south-southwest.

The Great shakes her head and says as she flies, flanked on her right by Zarik, "Had only we known the two surviving children of Aesalth turned out to be such rarities. Perhaps we would have reconsidered your exile and saved her from her madness. But what happened is merely history now. I know I cannot sway you, so I will express regret for your mistreatment. Your levelheadedness and savagery would have shaped you into a fierce warlord, boy."

"Cut the chatter!" Zarik roars, "I don't want to hear your waxing poetic about how you wish I was a tyrant! I'm not what you think I am!"

The Great Blue nods solemnly, "Understood."

Trelior
Posted on 12-07-19 03:30 AM, in Trial by Dragon Blood (rev. 2 of 12-07-19 03:56 AM by Trelior) Link | ID: 153061
Normal User

"I'm pretty sure my friend has the right of it. Eighty years is too short a time to drive a dragon to try to ascend to godhood. Cai and I being brought into the fold just because we're silver wouldn't have changed that after the fact of us being outcast soon after birth? Hatching? Fuck, I don't remember!" Zarik says, "The thought was already in her head."

"Godhood?" Ruki questions, "What do you mean?"

"Why else would she have been siphoning power from her own daughter if she wasn't intent on ascending to being a Primal?" Zarik roars.

"Frankly, we were not informed of her activity with those crystals, and frankly found it strange that they were amassing so quickly." Ruki replies, "Were those amethystine crystals sourced from your sister? I know the prismatic ones were sourced from your avian passenger. She harbors a secret, and I wish I could divulge what it is. All I can say is that it may reveal itself in time."

"You're posing more questions than I have patience to ask right now!" Zarik continues to roar, his anger continuing to rise.

"The answers I am sure you seek will be given when you choose to convene with the council. I lack the time to divulge as we are reaching our destination." The Blue speaks, "I will respect your wishes to be taken to safety and leave, per your request. I will not overstay my welcome."

The stable from earlier in their quest comes into view, and begins to slow for descent.

Ruki places Caionna gently on the ground, then hovers slightly away from her to allow Aren to dismount. The envoy follows suit to let Zissou off.

The Great Blue makes eye contact with Zarik and says, "As agreed. You are to safety insofar as within agreement with the village. I implore you to call a conference when your sister recovers." Taking off, she calls, "Come, Raz, our duty is fulfilled."

The envoy bows to the party and follows suit with her mistress.

Zarik taps lightly on Neris' wrist to signal her to let go as he keeps an eye to the sky. He catches her from sliding uncontrollably by raising his tail. Once she gains her footing, he shifts back to his human form.

The young stable hand rushes out of the barn and calls out, "What was that all about! You nearly scared the horses half to death! Godsdamned dragons anyway!" Spotting the party and recognizing them, he immediately calms down and exclaims, "Mister Hoir! Please explain what's going on!"

"Simple." Zarik says, "We went up to the Reach as we planned, rescued the one we intended to," pointing at Cai, then to Neris behind him, "And her plus one. Surely you saw last night's light show all the way here. That was why we had personal escort by the Great Blue, herself. No time to talk more. If there are any damages, send them to the Ironworks Foundry and I'll see you're compensated. We don't have time to dawdle. We would like. No, scratch that, we REQUIRE a carriage and cargo wagon to Bruon. Posthaste!"

The stable hand keeps trying to get a word in as Zarik speaks, but is refused at every turn. When he can finally speak, he says, "I'll see what I can do, but we usually don't take demands like that."

"Surely you can make the arrangements happen." Zarik states, "Don't take this as a whinge from a customer with entitlement issues, but as an emergency case. I need to get my sister to Bruon. Yesterday!"

The hand looks at Caionna incredulously and says, "That dragon is your sister?" In awe of never having seen a silver dragon before.

"Yes, we're half dragons, children of the victim of last night's light show." His words dripping with disdain as he refers to himself as her child. "Official Hoir Ironworks business that is of no concern of yours. We can negotiate additional compensation for you shutting up and complying. NOW!"

The owner of the stable steps out of the office and calls out, "Faelin! Stop messing around and listen to the man! Roff sent word to be expecting him. Get enough horses to carry the girl on the wagon he requested, and ready the carriage for Zarik and his friends!"

The boy sighs and rushes off.

The owner walks up to Zarik and says, "Sorry about the kid."

"Don't be, and don't reprimand him either. I was the rude one." Zarik replies.

The man shakes his head, "Rude? No. Urgent? Yes. We'll get you set up soon. As for what we'll charge you for the trip. It's on us. I think we're behind on payments for horseshoes and tools anyway." The man lies, feigning a straight face.

"Consider your next shipment free, then. I'll be in contact with my guys. In fact, I'll get on the horn on our way to Bruon and set things straight." Zarik says, extending a hand.

The owner grasps hands and gives a businessman's handshake. "Pleasure doing business with you, sir. If you'll excuse me, I have a carriage to prepare." He then turns and hurris away.

Neris cocks her head at Zarik, the exchange he just had being totally alien to her.

"Never you mind, kiddo." Zarik says, "Head over to Zissou for a bit." Stepping out of earshot of the party, he puts a hand up to his ear and begins talking.

Neris complies with his request and stands by.

Trelior
Posted on 12-07-19 05:17 AM, in Commissions I've Had Done (rev. 2 of 12-07-19 05:23 AM by Trelior) Link | ID: 153063
Normal User

Ah shit... I forgot I linked directly to the mood avatars in the old posts. Will fix soon.

Commissioned another artist to do a group shot of my characters in the RP. I wanted avatars for my other characters, and I was planning a redesign on Cai, so I had her new look reflected in the pic.

I have minor niggles with it, but I wasn't gonna crack thw whip at the artist to get every. Minute. Detail. Correct.

He exceeded my expectations to begin with, so I can't praise him enough. @cwiet_ on Twitter

Trelior
Posted on 12-08-19 03:08 AM, in Trial by Dragon Blood Link | ID: 153069
Normal User

"Well, I have a number of theories" Zissou begins, "They may have felt threatened by Aesalth's destruction, as they stated. Their statement of being ignorant of Aesalth's activities may be also true, even evil has standards, you know."

"What I want to know," Aren butts in, "Is how did a chromatic dragon give birth to not one, but two metallic dragons. Is there something we don't actually know about their dad?"

"Hmm..." Zissou ponders, "Mayhap the pairing with a human of Derigan's power had an effect on their coloration. There could also be a legend on the Reach where a chromatic bringing forth metallic bears an omen. Bear in mind the allignment difference between the two hierarchies. Perhaps the birth of Good children is a harbinger of reckoning."

Neris' eyes dart back and forth between Zissou and Aren as they make their exchange, not grasping anything beyond the topic being about Zarik.

Zissou notes the confusion on the girl's face, and says with a smile, "Fret not, little one. We are merely making conjecture on whatever it could mean with the Reach by discussing the origin of our near and dear siblings." Narrowing his eyes, after a moment, he scratches his snout, and adds, "Then again, the Blue said there was more to you than meets the eye, child... Whatever could she have meant?"

"I don't know!" Neris squawks, "There's so much happening around me all at once, I can't understand any of it! What makes you think I know anything!"

Aren shakes his head and says, "He wasn't asking you for any answers, he was just thinking out loud. He does that."

"Oh..." Neris says quietly.

From around the corner of the barn comes a horse-drawn carryall with a team of four horses and the owner of the stable at the yoke. Not far behind is a reinforced open wagon large enough to fit Caionna inside, in the charge of the young man.

As if by coincidence, Zarik also comes back to the group and says, "I just got in contact with the guys in Ada. I confirmed the business side of this whole affair, and told them to send a few medics out, and specified for them to send at least one who can take care of Neris' physical condition. They'll be a day or two behind us for obvious reasons, but the insist that we take it easy until they arrive."

Aren nods and says, "Good. I'm gonna need some backup. Neris is a bit above my pay grade as a healer."

Neris gasps, as if offended by Zarik's comment about her.

He shakes his head and says, "Do you think it's normal that you can't walk worth a damn, have clubs instead of hands, and your wings don't work? Among numerous other deficiencies that are best unmentioned?"

"What?" She chirps.

"You are subjectively oblivious, aren't you?" He says with mild incredulity, and is met with a shrug.

The carriage and wagon roll up beside the party and stops. The man gets down and says, "Alright, lads, let's get the lady dragon loaded up and then get up into your seats. We leave as soon as everyone is settled."

Zarik and Aren gently picks Cai up to the best of their ability and drags her to the wagon and get her clumsily inside as Zissou takes Neris to the carryall and settled into their seats. Aren gets into the back with the other two while Zarik climbs up into shotgun. Once everyone is in place, the stablemen give the order to hit the road.

Trelior
Posted on 12-08-19 03:45 AM, in Trial by Dragon Blood Link | ID: 153076
Normal User

"Eh," Zarik says, "Given the typical Act structure, we're pretty much in the twilight of a fourth act. 'The aftermath' so to speak. I'd say we deserve a rest, even if it won't be much of one for some of us involved."

"Aye." Zissou agrees, "It will be a respite, but it will not be without activity."

"It's likely that we'll be overseeing the recovery of the girls until Cai wakes up and Neris is... Uh... Normal?" Aren says, with a poor choice of words.

Neris kicks him in the shin and squawks, "What's that supposed to mean!? I AM normal!"

"Ow! Hey!" Aren protests, "Not my best choice for words, but you definitely need some demanding healing!"

"I dunno," Zarik laughs, "I think you were on to something, Aren. She's far from normal, even by our standards."

"HEY!" Neris shrieks.

Zissou places a paw over her mouth and says, "Hush, you'll spook the animals in the dark."

It was at that point that it had become noticeable that the party had been under the canopy for a length of time already.

"About how long can we expect it to take to get where we're going, sir?" Aren speaks up.

"Oh, a little over an hour to allow the boy's cart to keep up under the weight of the dragon." The man replies.

Trelior
Posted on 12-08-19 04:39 AM, in Trial by Dragon Blood (rev. 2 of 12-08-19 04:51 AM by Trelior) Link | ID: 153078
Normal User

"What's that supposed to mean, Bel?" Neris yells from behind Zissou's paw.

"Consider for a moment." Zarik says, "She's an adult harpy that is tiny due to stunted growth. Her voice box isn't much affected, though, so she's basically a loudspeaker in the body of an eight year old human."

Neris glares unhappily in Zarik's direction.

Aren chuckles and says, "Keep that up, and your face will stick like that!"

Neris then aims her glare at Aren, then relaxes her face, just in case he's right.

The rest of the time in the forest is spent making banter and small talk amongst the group. Upon reaching the other side, they make a direct route to Roff's inn and pile out of the carryall.

"Where should I take the dragon, Mister Hoir?" The boy asks.

"Her name is Caionna." Zarik says with a tinge of anger in his voice, "I would appreciate if you gave her at least that much respect."

"Oh." The boy replies quietly, "Forgive me."

"To answer you question, though," Zarik says more candidly, "Pull the cart over toward the crystals. I'm not an expert, but I would say that being able the eke her power from those crystals will hasten her recovery."

"As you wish." the boy says with a nod as Zarik hops up into the cart. Aren follows close behind to assist with getting Caionna down.

Roff comes out of the building and hails the party, "Ho ther lads! glad tae see ye safe frae th' craziness! ance ye gie yoorselves figured it, come in an' gie comfy!"

Zissou helps Neris over to the inn's porch and instructs her, "Stay here with Roff. He is a friend of Zarik and can be trusted."

Upon seeing Neris up close, Roff lets out a hearty guffaw and says, "Och lassie! Sae yoo're th' wee a body Ah heard abit settin' aff th' alarm th' other nicht?"

Neris eyes Roff suspiciously, unable to parse his thick accent.

Noticing the confusion on her face, Roff clears his throat and makes a concerted effort to enunciate, "You must be the girl the lads said make a ruckus the other night. Come, I'll get you something to drink while you wait for the boys to finish up."

"Okay!" Neris chirps, cheerfully, then adds tactlessly, "You talk funny, mister!"

"Aye, lass." Roff laughs it off, "Ah dae!" then continues with her inside.

Zissou catches up with the other men and watches as the wrangle her out of the wagon and under a makeshift lean-to Roff had built near the largest of the crystals. It immediately tethers to her and a visible stream of aether flows from the crystal into the dragon. There is no immediate change to her status, however.

"Well, it's a start. We'll have to figure out how to rearrange the crystals to get a better flow into her, but let's figure that out later." Zarik says, "Let's try to make her comfortable before we even think about fucking off to do that for ourselves!"

Zarik and Aren start carrying out and busting hay bales placed inside the structure to make the ground softer.

The stable master comes around and asks, "Is there anything else we can help you gentlemen with?"

Zarik stops momentarily and says, "Nope. You're good to go! My guys will be in touch shortly. Thank you for everything."

"It's always a pleasure working with the Foundry!" the man laughs, "May you and yours make a swift recovery." as he motions to the boy to take their leave.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250

Main - Posts by Trelior

Acmlmboard v2.5.5 (10/04/2020)
© 2005-2024 Acmlm, Emuz, et al.

Page rendered in 0.172 seconds. (901KB of memory used)
MySQL - queries: 210, rows: 750/796, time: 0.144 seconds.