Notings of Attention™
Acmlmboard 2 Released
Github/GIT | @acmlmboard
Chatting Places
Discord

Affiliates
Super Mario Bros. X | Kuribo64
Views: 8,952,821
Main | FAQ | IRC chat | Memberlist | Active users | Latest posts | Stats | Ranks | Online users | Search
03-29-24 07:05 AM
Guest: Register | Login

0 users currently in AcmlmBoard Developer Zone | 2 bots

Main - AcmlmBoard Developer Zone - Acmlmboard, where's it going?
Next newer thread | Next older thread

Pages: 1 2 3

Emuz
Posted on 10-27-14 11:00 AM Link | ID: 77931
Site Administrator

11 Hit Combo:
Mother's Rosario
Level: 108

EXP: 13211651
Next: 308848

Since: 12-30-11

Last post: 116 days
Last view: 1 day
While we are discussing any future plans, the current code base has a lot of work it could use to make it better. I'd still like to get it to a state where it more likely to be used by others. Plenty of variables need to be refined so they don't constantly throw errors and warnings. I have an updated todo list and I can give anyone access to if it you are interested.

Working towards any future version will take some time, so while we talk about it, we should focus on what we got too.

The Dynamic Profile Administrator™

"Never Knows Best"
Note: if you can see this my layout broke. ALL THE CREDITS WILL BE REVEALED!!
'Victory Noriko' by @thatsheepagain.
'Chibi Dance Noriko' by @Haru__Kitsu.
'Deity's Night Out (Featuring Gabbie)'
by @thatsheepagain
Noriko Emotes by @Haru__Kitsu.
Side Bar Noriko by @thatsheepagain
'Noriko's Nature Walk' by @projectTiGER_
Emotive Noriko by @thatsheepagain.
"Space Candy Noriko" by BerryVerrine.
"Super Sharp Noriko" by Xionfes.
A gift illustration from the wonderful EverKinzPony!
"Magical Girl Noriko" by @cute_hospital!
"Patient Chibi Noriko" by @Ruii_ki!
'Dapper '60s Noriko' by @thatsheepagain.
'Shiny Chibi Noriko' by @inioli.
'Flower Veil Noriko' by @Sushiee_.
'Noriko in Realism' by @_Sarybuu.
'Noriko's Midnight Adventure' by @projectTiGER_
'Yukata Noriko' by @yunyunmaru_
'Birthday Wishes Noriko' by @thatsheepagain

Arisotura
Posted on 10-28-14 11:04 PM Link | ID: 77991
Developer
pancakes
Level: 83

EXP: 5395781
Next: 36440

Since: 01-05-12

Last post: 655 days
Last view: 194 days
The issue of SQLAlchemy and ORMs in general is that they apparently tend to make simple queries really simple... and more complex stuff a nightmare.

IMO sending raw SQL would work best. Maybe with something like ABXD's querybuilder, so we're sure there is no SQL injection anywhere.

want some revolution in your coffee?

Emuz
Posted on 10-28-14 11:28 PM Link | ID: 77992
Site Administrator

11 Hit Combo:
Mother's Rosario

Posted by StapleButter
The issue of SQLAlchemy and ORMs in general is that they apparently tend to make simple queries really simple... and more complex stuff a nightmare.

IMO sending raw SQL would work best. Maybe with something like ABXD's querybuilder, so we're sure there is no SQL injection anywhere.

We don't have to use SQLAlchemy. In fact I belive Ninji found it very restrictive. It does have some very powerful features we could incorporate on our own. Mostly DB agnostic functionality, and the ability to self generate schema. We don't have to support every db variant either, I would say MySQL is a must, and an attempt at PostresSQL due to the way self deployed python works.

If we prepare the queries it will go a long way.

"Never Knows Best"
by @thatsheepagain

Emuz
Posted on 11-03-14 05:38 PM Link | ID: 78220
Site Administrator

11 Hit Combo:
Mother's Rosario

I've open this up to everyone so it is open to anyone who may be interested. Keep in mind while most of the chatter is about a possible recoding in the future our main focus is with 2.x. If you have ideas, experiences, or anything you would like to share about either 2.5+, future python/other languages coding suggestions, or wanting to help let us know.

"Never Knows Best"
by @thatsheepagain

Squiddy
Posted on 11-04-14 10:38 PM Link | ID: 78258
Banned
Unspecificed Cooling Off Period. Be Safe
Bisexual Empress of the Stolen Title?
Level: 142

EXP: 34676606
Next: 291823

Since: 07-17-13

Last post: 3180 days
Last view: 3087 days
Now that the "Acmlmboard, where's it going?" thread is public, I might as well publicly post my plans. So I made a private test board over two weeks ago that Danielle, Epele, Lili~ ♥, Nicole, and Taryn know about. So far, I've added breadcrumbs to some of the administrator pages and even added the option to edit the PoRA through management.php, but it's really nothing to sneeze at. Just simple code swapping such as using existing code as templates for code in pages.

I've actually been interested in Acmlmboard development since June 2014. I have yet to learn PHP, though but that'll come with time. But it looks like future Acmlmboard will no longer use PHP. From talking to Epele and Arisotura, I came to the conclusion that Acmlmboard 2.6 will have to be completely rewritten from scratch and from reading posts in this thread, it looks like the 2.6 rewrite has already begun. ;)

I plan on hopefully working on Acmlmboard 2.5x, Acmlmboard 2.6x, and more specifically, Acmlmboard 2.7x.

Acmlmboard 2.7 is a future version that I thought up of to work on while 2.6 is being rewritten in the meantime. Currently, 2.7 doesn't exist yet but my test board can be considered a precursor to 2.7.
Posted by SquidEmpress on her 2.5.2 test board
These are my plans for Acmlmboard 2.7. I really hope to learn PHP soon but as you know, I’m not really great at teaching myself. :P But still, let’s just hope for the best for the near future:

-Merge/split thread feature
-General profile preview (will also preview a theme that a selected)
-AcmlmbaordXD/Blargboard-style deleted posts (These show who deleted the post. Staff can enter a reason as why they deleted the post. Normal users can delete their own posts but they cannot enter a reason.)
-Homepage with last posts (like on ABXD and Blargboard)
-Deleted posts tracker (Users can look up their own posts that were deleted and there will be the option for the staff to toggle between showing their own posts that are deleted or showing the board’s total deleted posts)
-Wiki page (like the WikiXD plugin on ABXD and Blargboard)
-Video game-themed Cards Against Humanity-like game (Because why the hell not? And who knows, maybe this will be more successful than the RPG system that still has to be worked on?)
-banhammer.php (like on Blargboard)
-IRC report bot queries you notifications on the IRC when you receive PMs on the board or when someone says your name on the board '@"Username"' on the board. (instead of asking StapleButter for KuriBot's coding, I'll just make it myself from scratch)
-AE Serbia (the king of all eyerape themes! :P)
-Other misc. things that I have forgotten about or that need to be done

I mentioned the Kuriblog/BlogXD homepage and deleted posts tracker to Emuz yesterday through query on the IRC.

Whether future Acmlmboard will continue to use PHP or another programming language, it'll be a while for me to teach myself, as I'm not a fast learner.

Squiddy
Posted on 11-06-14 12:12 AM Link | ID: 78301
Banned

I am glad to announce that Acmlmboard now has an email obscurer! Credit goes to Epele for the code and Arisotura, Dirbaio, Kawa, and the rest of the ABXD team as I was inspired by ABXD and Blargboard. I originally wrote up the code myself but it was a bit messy Epele provided me with code she made.

Scrydan had a proposal for an email obscurer which I personally didn't like. I'd rather go the ABXD/Blargboard route, which is having users able to see other users' emails if they can edit user's profiles, and also make having an email optional, like it is right now.

In profile.php, replace

if($user['email'])
{
$email = EmailObscurer($user['email']);
}
else
$email = "";

with

if($user['email'] && !$user['emailhide'])
{
$email=EmailObscurer($user['email']);
}
else
{
$email="";
}

In editprofile.php, insert

. setfield('emailhide') .','

after Line 272, and insert

". fieldrow('Hide Email', fieldoption('emailhide',$user['emailhide'],array('Show my email', 'Hide my email')))."

after Line 441.

In MySQL, go to the Structure view for the users table. Make a news column after the redirtype column. Name the column emailhide and give a value of 1 for the INT type. For the default, choose "As defined:" and give it a value of zero.

shibboleet
Posted on 11-07-14 02:46 AM Link | ID: 78327
Retired Staff

Porcupo
no
Level: 38

EXP: 353390
Next: 17057

Since: 02-02-13

Last post: 2239 days
Last view: 2208 days
mmmm I spell opportunity.

I'm quite good at C#, but I'll have to look up on webserver stuff, because that's a whole new era for me. But this will be a learning opportunity and can help the board software too.

Emuz
Posted on 11-08-14 12:50 AM Link | ID: 78351
Site Administrator

11 Hit Combo:
Mother's Rosario

Well best of luck to you! This code is an ambitious effort that's for sure. :) I do have a few suggestions:

Before you even get serious about coding, master a SCM (or Source Code Managment) system. We use 'git', but you could use any of the others really (hg, svn, etc). This would allow you to 'commit' changes and allow you keep track of when and who. This also allows you to wind back parts/the whole code to a place where and error was introduced and you fixed it. I would push for git for the simple fact it allows for a cool trick. Even if you fork our code you can do what is called a 'pull request' to have us bring parts of your code back into the main tree easily. It's complex, but a time saver :)

Posted by SquidGirl
Acmlmboard 2.7 is a future version that I thought up of to work on while 2.6 is being rewritten in the meantime. Currently, 2.7 doesn't exist yet but my test board can be considered a precursor to 2.7.

That version schema may further confusing things if you ever release the code publicly. The issue is since we had to do it once with board2. While it doesn't matter if you did call your base 2.7, it will sure cause confusion.. (and if we released a 2.7 more so).
While it's never been documented we do have a suggested versioning schema for forked versions.

The current one used for 2.5+ is: Acmlmboard 2.x.y Something (MM/DD/YYYY)
x = minor version. This only changes when we have a really large single code change, a stable code changes consisting of many 'maintenance releases', or a major milestone
y = maintenance release number. I usually change this number after a small changes, or a new feature is added.
"Something" = is optional. I use to denote "development", "experimental", or the name of a long term branch. Stable code does not have anything here.
Date = This the one part that changes the most. It's just the last date modified. It isn't always updated, but it's the quick way to tell if a very small change has been made.

(I wanted to document this since it hasn't been)

There have been variations in the past. Usually they use the + method

The first would look like Acmlmboard 2.5.2 +Squiddy-2.7.0 (MM/DD/YYY)

There are other things you can do of course. Add more numbers after 2.x.y, or even redo the whole line. Just a suggestion from the past.

It would be funny if we all coded AB in 5 or 6 different languages. I think that would be neat!

"Never Knows Best"
by @thatsheepagain

Squiddy
Posted on 11-08-14 03:50 PM Link | ID: 78364
Banned

Oh, no. I don't plan on releasing 2.7 publicly. If someone with PHP knowledge who really, really, really, really wanted to test it and add in their ideas. I predict the final product will see a public release in a couple years, definitely after 2.6 has been released and by then, Acmlmboard 2.7 most likely will be using a different language other than PHP.

The current version of my test board is Acmlmboard v2.5.2αβ Swootsa Development (11/06/2014) and I added the "alpha beta Swootsa" as it has a few minor edits.

So thanks for the suggestion! I think the version schema will be something like Acmlmboard 2.5.2 +Squiddy-2.7.0 EARLY Development (MM/DD/YYY) as it will probably be a while before things get finalized.

Arisotura
Posted on 11-08-14 04:47 PM Link | ID: 78366
Developer
pancakes

Nice litte thing SquidEmpress :)

I'd make it distinguish between 'no email set' and 'email is set but not public', though. But it's just that I'm for transparency, I guess some people will prefer it the way you made it.

Squiddy
Posted on 11-08-14 06:34 PM (rev. 2 of 11-08-14 06:39 PM by Squiddy) Link | ID: 78367
Banned

Yeah, I guess people will prefer it that way. Scrydan's board had hidden groups appear as "(Hidden Group)" to people who cannot see those hidden groups but he had a forum where you could act nosy about to be funny. But still, I think making hidden groups appear as "(Hidden Group)" rather than just not appear at all may feel a bit too.. I dunno how to describe it… unnecessary, perhaps? Or maybe that's just how I feel about it. :P

Also, don't thank me, thank Epele. ;) My original code was messy and didn't work properly.

Edit: Not that I don't like how ABXD and Blargboard show "Private" when when the hide email option is set. I was just pointing how something like "(Hidden Groups)" may feel unnecessary or something.

Kawa
Posted on 11-08-14 11:40 PM Link | ID: 78382
Retired Staff

Not okay
Prophet of Celestia
Level: 93

EXP: 7974488
Next: 78322

Since: 01-01-12

Last post: 2000 days
Last view: 315 days
First attempt was a raw listener, working from what I already knew from my MUD and IRC such. This turns out to be massive wheel-reinventing. Just found out about System.Net.HttpListener which makes things much more robust.

Squiddy
Posted on 11-09-14 01:00 AM Link | ID: 78385
Banned

If anyone's interested, here is some concept art I made for a merge/split thread feature. Just be warned, I have horrendous handwriting. :P

Basically, you select merge or split, you select a forum and a thread, and you select which posts you want to merge/split.

Emuz
Posted on 11-11-14 12:37 AM Link | ID: 78427
Site Administrator

11 Hit Combo:
Mother's Rosario

The tough part is you need to manage how to 'weave' the threads back together. Splitting should be easier. "post id >= id of spot to split: make new thread; change moved post's tid to new thread's tid;update existing thread's last data (user, date/time, etc);create last data for the new thread."

well that's not exactly how to do it, but that's a rough estimate. Merging is adding all the posts by updating tid than meta data, than moving the dead thread to a trash forum.

Again that's not a exactly how the backend would work, but that's a rough example.

"Never Knows Best"
by @thatsheepagain

Squiddy
Posted on 11-14-14 02:34 AM Link | ID: 78488
Banned

Hmm… yeah, that might be a challenge for me as I'm relatively but I should be able to eventually get past that.

An update, I have attempted to make acmlmistratortools.php. The image should be self-explanatory. However, it has bugs and errors as you can see. There are things that I screwed up, such as colspans as Arisotura told me. The radio buttons are not preselected and the "Apply changes" button doesn't work.

Arisotura
Posted on 11-14-14 02:58 AM Link | ID: 78489
Developer
pancakes

Also, make sure you don't leave any security holes in ;)

Squiddy
Posted on 11-14-14 09:33 PM Link | ID: 78496
Banned

Posted by StapleButter
Also, make sure you don't leave any security holes in ;)

Well, I'm giving up on working on acmlmistratortools.php. The colspan shit like $L [TD1c]> is too difficult for me understand.

I'll PM the code to anyone who wants to finish it. I'll move on to other stuff like deletedpoststracker.php or ban hammer.php or something but it'll be a while before I start those as I need more in-depth PHP knowledge to do that type of stuff.

Arisotura
Posted on 11-14-14 09:35 PM Link | ID: 78497
Developer
pancakes

You can look in lib/layout.php what values those variables are given.

Alternately, you can leave them out entirely. They don't serve a purpose other than letting lazy devs type less.

Squiddy
Posted on 11-14-14 10:09 PM (rev. 3 of 11-16-14 02:16 AM by Squiddy) Link | ID: 78499
Banned

Oh, it's HTML. I don't know HTML.

Well, here is the code for anyone who is interested, I guess.

Edit: Well, I made a few improvements. Still quite buddy, though. I dunno, I guess I don't give up as easily as I thought I did. :P

Edit 2: I have made more improvements. This is another attempt and this is the latest attempt.
In the last attempt, I managed to get the radio buttons preselected in accordance to the value of the intval field in PMA. However, clicking the "Apply changes" button still does nothing and resets any radio buttons you clicked back to the value of the intval field. Currently, the only way to change the radio buttons is to the change intval through PMA.

On another note, I implemented the show-online perm. Nothing to sneeze at, really.
In editprofile.php, change

". fieldrow('Hide Email', fieldoption('emailhide',$user['emailhide'],array('Show my email', 'Hide my email')))."
". fieldrow('Hide from Online Views', fieldoption('hidden',$user['hidden'],array('Show me online', 'Never show me online')))."
". fieldrow('Redirect Type', fieldoption('redirtype',$user['redirtype'],array('Display redirect page', 'Instant redirect')))."

to

";
if (has_perm("show-online"))
print"
". fieldrow('Hide from Online Views', fieldoption('hidden',$user['hidden'],array('Show me online', 'Never show me online')))."
";
print"
". fieldrow('Redirect Type', fieldoption('redirtype',$user['redirtype'],array('Display redirect page', 'Instant redirect')))."

In the perm table in PMA, add a new column with an id of show-online, a title of Show Online, and a perm cat_id of 1.

In the x_perm table in PMA, add a new column with an id of something like 2005, an x_id of 2, an x_type of group, a perm_id of show_online, a bindvalue of 0, and a revoke of 0.

Kak
Posted on 11-28-14 05:19 PM Link | ID: 79227
Global Moderator

Bullet Bill
well then
Level: 129

EXP: 24951507
Next: 98147

Since: 01-29-14

Last post: 809 days
Last view: 755 days
Well, speaking of Acmlministration tools...

I ported the Jul mockup board settings some time ago

This is nothing special. It was a sort of experiment to see if I could port the thing from the Jul source, update the settings to the AB2 equivalent (and add some extra things) and make it actually do something.

The only thing that doesn't work is the "Board Info", because I realized that it was plain unnecessary to have four extra SQL queries for that, so I went back to the standard way.
Pages: 1 2 3

Next newer thread | Next older thread
Main - AcmlmBoard Developer Zone - Acmlmboard, where's it going?

Acmlmboard v2.5.5 (10/04/2020)
© 2005-2024 Acmlm, Emuz, et al.

Page rendered in 0.120 seconds. (935KB of memory used)
MySQL - queries: 254, rows: 729/763, time: 0.089 seconds.