Notings of Attention™
Acmlmboard 2 Released
Github/GIT | @acmlmboard
Chatting Places
Discord

Affiliates
Super Mario Bros. X | Kuribo64
Views: 8,952,695
Main | FAQ | IRC chat | Memberlist | Active users | Latest posts | Stats | Ranks | Online users | Search
03-29-24 01:36 AM
Guest: Register | Login

0 users currently in Kafuka Gaming Arcade | 1 guest | 3 bots

Main - Kafuka Gaming Arcade - Video game annoyances
Next newer thread | Next older thread

Pages: 1 2

Scrydan
Posted on 09-11-12 08:38 PM, in Link | ID: 26097
Normal User
Scryforce - A place that still exists. Neat.
Level: 86

EXP: 5933883
Next: 208224

Since: 07-18-12

Last post: 744 days
Last view: 727 days
Oh yeah. somehow that reminds me of games that use weird controller configurations and having no way to reconfigure it. This goes for computer games as well that do this although most computer games allow you to change key board configuration at least.

There was this one game during development you have to do some weird three key combination JUST to access the inventory. :o

Taryn
Posted on 09-11-12 09:38 PM, in Link | ID: 26102
Normal User

Red Birdo
RIP
Fat Lesbian
Level: 88

EXP: 6559369
Next: 91295

Since: 04-03-12

Last post: 3427 days
Last view: 3426 days
Platformers that use a different jump button compared to other platformers on the same console.

That's when you feel my kind of love.

Marzen64
Posted on 09-12-12 06:03 PM, in Link | ID: 26167
Normal User
T̨̞͎͓͉̮͓̠o͚͎o ̴̘̼̳͔̥̺͓m̤̤a̸̳̫̜̠̬͉̗ny͕̳ ̥͈̘̞͟c͚̦̳̘̠̟ͅo҉̗͎̮̣͉o̷͍̤̥̞͔͎̹k҉͙̲̩͍̮̮s͈̼͎
Level: 82

EXP: 4995195
Next: 214032

Since: 01-02-12

Last post: 3377 days
Last view: 2663 days

Oh man, I got one to top ALL of these:

Assholes in videogames. As in, real life people.

I just got out of a game of LoL, with 9 others playing. My team was full of all polite people. Teemo didn't say much, but everyone else was friendly and talkative. And THEN there was the enemy team...

The enemy in my lane was a Kennen who was very skilled. He didn't say anything until the very end, where he was friendly, and was the ONLY person on the enemy team who I respected in any way. Jarvan stole top from Mord, who had called it first. Jarvan was the first to give up and just stand there after we started kicking their ass. Mord was an asshole cause even though Jarvan stole top, Jarvan still chose before him. Mord could have gone a support champ, which is what they needed, but instead he went support Mord. Which doesn't work well, by the way. Ezreal was whiny and incredibly unskilled, but acted as if he was the best thing since sliced bread. When I was friendly towards the enemy team like "Hey guys, come up, it's a game, have fun! :D" He's like "FUCK YOU THIS ISN'T A GAME, IT'S A COMPETITION". Pretty much exact words. And Evelynn, their Jungler, was obviously a douche from the start. The kinda person who, at my words of "Good luck and have fun!", would say "Fuck you, I'm going to rape you in the ass you fucking freak". THAT kinda guy. He pretty much targeted me out too, for some reason. I was called trash often throughout the game despite kicking her ass. Funny how that turns out.

So only one player in that entire team was a good person. Imagine YOU being in Kennen's position, the only good person, amongst bickering resentful trolls. Obviously, it's rather annoying.

Scrydan
Posted on 09-12-12 07:22 PM, in Link | ID: 26189
Normal User
Scryforce - A place that still exists. Neat.
Level: 86

EXP: 5933883
Next: 208224

Since: 07-18-12

Last post: 744 days
Last view: 727 days
To be honest, I don't really like PVP because if you want to get away from your life and people when you play a game, playing against other people usually isn't going to be all that relaxing. Then again, it does depend on the mood however. Some people play so they can take out their frustrations on others.

Marzen64
Posted on 09-12-12 09:13 PM, in Link | ID: 26205
Normal User
T̨̞͎͓͉̮͓̠o͚͎o ̴̘̼̳͔̥̺͓m̤̤a̸̳̫̜̠̬͉̗ny͕̳ ̥͈̘̞͟c͚̦̳̘̠̟ͅo҉̗͎̮̣͉o̷͍̤̥̞͔͎̹k҉͙̲̩͍̮̮s͈̼͎
Level: 82

EXP: 4995195
Next: 214032

Since: 01-02-12

Last post: 3377 days
Last view: 2663 days

Posted by Scrydan
To be honest, I don't really like PVP because if you want to get away from your life and people when you play a game, playing against other people usually isn't going to be all that relaxing. Then again, it does depend on the mood however. Some people play so they can take out their frustrations on others.

I've always enjoyed PvP, even when I'm not particularly skilled at it (I'm a horrible Starcraft player for example, I simply play too slowly. I'm best in 4v4, where they won't focus me first. Then I kick ass). I've played a LOT of PvP games in my time, from the good ol' days of Goldeneye to current games like TF2 and League of Legends. I've never been "pro", but the thing that drives me to play them is the challenge. Yes, I could play the bots nonstop in League of Legends, but they are easy. They have a pattern. Once I discern that pattern, I can never lose. Humans are more complex, they're more challenging. It's only a hassle that they also happen to be dicks.

Epele
Posted on 09-12-12 10:14 PM, in Link | ID: 26235
Site Administrator
The Sorceress.
Boing~

Level: 235

EXP: 200189515
Next: 1736377

Since: 01-01-12

Last post: 814 days
Last view: 1 hour
I've remembered one.. One reason I tend to dislike so many popular weapons in FPS games.. I hate frigging reloading.

How many times I get hit just 'cause I ain't got bullets in my gun is a royal pain. Most notably when you're trying to murder a zombie horde.

The world could always use more heroes!

imamelia
Posted on 09-23-12 04:19 AM, in Link | ID: 27121
Normal User

Micro-Goomba

Level: 9

EXP: 3041
Next: 121

Since: 09-16-12

Last post: 4185 days
Last view: 4185 days
I actually made lists of my most hated video game mechanics, inspired by some Top X lists that some guy did on YouTube. I was planning on doing videos with mine, too. I won't list them all, but just a few that I could mention (not in order of severity) include:

- When something is hidden in a place or manner that is all but impossible to find without a guide of some kind. This one, unfortunately, seems to show up in nearly EVERY game to some degree.
- Auto-scrolling. I'm not going to say all auto-scrolling levels are bad (I didn't mind Ripsaw Rage in DKC3 or 5-9 in SMB3, for example), but I can think of a whole lot more that range from somewhat annoying to an utter nightmare.
- Limited or nonexistent checkpoints or save points. I know, I'm a spoiled young whippersnapper who's used to having things too easy, but plenty of games that I know perfectly well would have the capacity to save (even the NES has 8 KB of save RAM) don't allow it.
- Double-tap dash in Mega Man games. I've accidentally dashed into things in some of the later Mega Man X games because of this, and it's really annoying that this is the only way to activate Bass's dash in the GBA version of Mega Man & Bass (I don't own the SNES version...yet).
- The Mini Mushroom in the original New Super Mario Bros. I don't mind it quite as much in NSMB2 and NSMBWii for the main reason why I hate it so much in the first place: it is required for way too many secrets in the game. This would be bad enough if it were something like the Fire Flower, but that is at least easier to use. The Mini Mushroom is tricky enough to use, and uncommon enough, that it's quite a pain in the butt to have to use one for so many secrets in the game.
- Motion controls in Wii games that absolutely should not need them (or just when some things actually would require them but others don't). Donkey Kong Country Returns is a big offender of this...why the heck do I need to shake the Wii remote to roll-jump, ground-pound, blow, etc.?! New Super Mario Bros. Wii had some things that make sense with motion controls (those tilting platforms) and others that most certainly do not (I have to shake the remote to spin-jump...nay, just to pick up an item?! Just...what.)
- The save system in the original Crash Bandicoot. This is about the worst save system I've ever seen in a video game short of having no ability to save at all.

As far as specific levels or areas go, some that come to mind include:

- 9-4 in NSMBWii. 9-7 is probably the most infamous level from that game, but I actually thought 9-4 was even worse. (Auto-scroll...ugh...) 2-4 and 8-4 from the same game were also pretty brutal.
- 6-5 in Yoshi's Island, and just about all of the Extra stages. I hate when video game designers "reward" you for your hard work collecting items for completion points with secret levels that are utterly unfun.
- Donkey Kong Country 2, Animal Antics, the Squawks/brambles section. Until I figured out a better way to handle it during my LP of DKC2, that one part would just kick my butt many, many times every time I got to that point in the game. The sad thing is, I actually quite like the rest of the level. Ripcurl Reef in the GBA version of DKC3 is similar (and for an entire level, no less...why exactly does that level even exist?). There's also the second part of Screech's Sprint in DKC2 and *shudder* 6-K in DKCR, among others.
- Either of the Boss Bass levels in SMB3 (3-3 and 3-8), along with 7-4 and the airship in World 8. 8-3 in SMB1 is probably even worse.
- Any of the motorcycle levels in Crash Bandicoot 3 (Warped). The normal races are bad enough (there isn't much of a margin of error), but the gems and Relics? UGH. There's also Fumbling in the Dark from the first game, which is the only Crash Bandicoot level (in the original four platformers) that I haven't beaten.
- Eirin's stage in MegaMari. MegaMari is generally a brutally difficult game overall, but Eirin's stage is nasty even by those standards.
Pages: 1 2

Next newer thread | Next older thread
Main - Kafuka Gaming Arcade - Video game annoyances

Acmlmboard v2.5.5 (10/04/2020)
© 2005-2024 Acmlm, Emuz, et al.

Page rendered in 0.052 seconds. (825KB of memory used)
MySQL - queries: 105, rows: 528/560, time: 0.040 seconds.