Notings of Attention™
Acmlmboard 2 Released
Github/GIT | @acmlmboard
Chatting Places
Discord

Affiliates
Super Mario Bros. X | Kuribo64
Views: 8,952,593
Main | FAQ | IRC chat | Memberlist | Active users | Latest posts | Stats | Ranks | Online users | Search
03-28-24 08:48 PM
Guest: Register | Login

0 users currently in General Forum | 17 bots

Main - General Forum - Looking for new things to do (preferably IRL)
Next newer thread | Next older thread

Arisotura
Posted on 07-27-15 03:07 AM, in Link | ID: 86686
Developer
pancakes
Level: 83

EXP: 5395522
Next: 36699

Since: 01-05-12

Last post: 655 days
Last view: 193 days
It has always been thought that computer things were a passion for me. Maybe that was true when I was a kid, but nowadays, I mostly stick to the computer by habit, and because I enjoy programming.

But I think I have reached the point where the things I'm into don't interest me anymore. For a while, I was coding a 3DS homebrew, but I have no interest to continue. I keep joining projects and ending up doing nothing or almost. Game modding doesn't attract me either.

More generally, I enjoy building things and such. I also sporadically draw shit-- not that my drawing skills/style and inspiration (or lack thereof) would get me anywhere though.

But, what could I do that doesn't involve staying at home? No fucking idea. I could try things, but... if in the end it doesn't interest me, I will have wasted time and money on it.

So basically, if you guys have ideas on things I could try... feel free to post.

want some revolution in your coffee?

KP
Posted on 07-27-15 03:08 PM, in (rev. 2 of 07-27-15 03:09 PM by KP) Link | ID: 86691
Retired Staff
NES Game Aficionado
Level: 73

EXP: 3330928
Next: 154940

Since: 01-02-12

Last post: 1943 days
Last view: 1451 days
I know how you feel. I'm a huge consumer of online media and spend a lot of my time on the net. Sometimes I feel like there's just so much I'm ignoring offline, which isn't really fair to me nor those with whom I could be socializing with. Dating is a desire, but the net just distracts me away from any real action. So I hear you.

I'm a builder as well. I found out recently that I'm great at woodworking. That is an absolutely awesome skill to have, now that I'm learning more about it. Perhaps give that a go. Of course, it requires tools, workspace, and lots of money, but once you get started and sell your goods, you can make that back pretty quickly.

Perhaps get outside and go for walks every now and then. You might develop a healthy exercise habit and even decide to run. There are plenty of apps you can get on your phone that will track distances, goals, trends, and other health data. Just throw on some tunes and walk a few miles per day. It's nice to just be out and about by yourself.

And, as I mentioned before, dating can be another thing. You don't have to date prospectively, just socialize. But if you want to, and really desire a companion, that's a great way to break out of your comfort zone. Even being in situations where you land a date with someone can be fun as well. Shoot some pool. Play some putt-putt. If you aren't good at socializing, don't let that stop you since that's likely going to be a good source of practice to become better at that anyway. Dating is funny though, depending on your attitude about it. You'll get rejected, you might not get second dates, and you might not feel significantly valuable to a prospective partner. Just remember, though, that finding someone to be with takes a bit of perseverance.

This is the kind of stuff I've been thinking about lately. Because I feel like I should be out doing things rather than sit at my computer all day. It's rough, and I'm kinda glad you brought this thread up. It makes me think about actually doing the things I mentioned in my thread a bit more. :P

ゼンガー・ゾンボルト
Posted on 07-27-15 09:22 PM, in Link | ID: 86693
Normal User

Roy Koopa
My name is Sanger Zonvolt. I am the Sword that cleaves evil!
Level: 153

EXP: 45189593
Next: 133811

Since: 01-04-12

Last post: 1030 days
Last view: 994 days
Frisbee golf (if you have it over there), Go-kart, travel to different, large amusement parks in the world...

My youtube channel
FFRK Brotherhood

SapphireBlaze
Posted on 07-28-15 06:53 PM, in Link | ID: 86716
Normal User

I may or may not be back to life.
Level: 53

EXP: 1099796
Next: 57323

Since: 10-09-12

Last post: 2378 days
Last view: 1983 days
I've recently been getting into and practicing axe throwing so there's that. You kind of need to have an axe though...

Q
Posted on 07-29-15 11:08 AM, in Link | ID: 86732
Normal User

Level: 13

EXP: 9244
Next: 1023

Since: 07-29-15

Last post: 2829 days
Last view: 1899 days
Do try to make more local friends. A lot of KP9000's dating advice works just as well for just making friends, and having local friends to go out and do things with is a very good motivator to not stay at home all the time.

By meeting new people and trying new things out with them, you'll surely experience a lot of new things you otherwise would have never come across. Of course, not every new experience will be enjoyable, and not every new friend will be a good friend, but if you keep at it, you'll surely find something that's worth it to you.

Arisotura
Posted on 07-30-15 06:59 PM, in Link | ID: 86760
Developer
pancakes
Level: 83

EXP: 5395522
Next: 36699

Since: 01-05-12

Last post: 655 days
Last view: 193 days
Here at home, we have tools, so I figure I could do some shit. Dunno what kind of shit, though. Might be shit to make life easier in my room, but then again, I will move out eventually, so I'm not going to spend a ton of effort in this room either. (well, 'eventually' being whenever I'm able to support myself. I non-seriously mentioned the idea of moving out for studies once, and of course got a ton of resistance from mom, wee)

Socializing is nice, but I have to meet people first. Local friends, well, not gonna work. Most of the people I met in middle/high school either don't care about me or remember me as the little shit everyone rejected. In the end... dunno where else to meet people. You can't just go to random people in the street, or send friend requests to random people on Facebook.

want some revolution in your coffee?

Next newer thread | Next older thread
Main - General Forum - Looking for new things to do (preferably IRL)

Acmlmboard v2.5.5 (10/04/2020)
© 2005-2024 Acmlm, Emuz, et al.

Page rendered in 0.067 seconds. (796KB of memory used)
MySQL - queries: 99, rows: 538/572, time: 0.049 seconds.