Notings of Attention™
Acmlmboard 2 Released
Github/GIT | @acmlmboard | IRC: #abdev
Chatting Places
IRC: #kafuka | Discord

Affiliates
Super Mario Bros. X | Kuribo64
Views: 6,257,656
Main | FAQ | IRC chat | Memberlist | Active users | Latest posts | Stats | Ranks | Online users | Search
08-18-19 05:52 PM
Guest: Register | Login

0 users currently in The Officer's Club | 10 bots

Main - The Officer's Club - Looking Back and the Future of The Internet
Next older thread

Robbie Rage
Posted on 08-12-19 05:14 PM Link | ID: 150472

Star Mario
On a World Tour, baby.
Level: 103

EXP: 11258408
Next: 212998

Since: 11-22-16
Since: 2001

Last post: 1 day
Last view: 1 day
After 5000 posts here, more I believe than on the original Acmlm's Board, it got me thinking ahead to the future, as well as a bit of nostalgic reflection about the things I've thought about since I first started coming around these parts.

I was a kid during the age of mainstream consumer internet and the Dotcom boom. When Acmlm's first came about, it felt like the first taste of what was to come; an interconnected future where everyone had an online presence, and individuals the world over could interact with one another.

Even though the rise of modern day social media and it's ills are now a daily reality for us all, it does not change the wonder I had back then, nor does it dilute the hope I have for the future in the era of smart devices and connection.

The questions: What sort of ideas have you had for the internet and the future of tech? What are some of the things that bring you that sense of wonder, and what do you hope to see in the future?

inb4 cyborg waifus

Next older thread
Main - The Officer's Club - Looking Back and the Future of The Internet

Acmlmboard v2.5.4 (03/13/2019)
© 2005-2019 Acmlm, Emuz, et al.

Page rendered in 0.023 seconds. (624KB of memory used)
MySQL - queries: 55, rows: 467/501, time: 0.016 seconds.