Attention!!™
SMB3 Hacking Forum Opened!
Information needed!
If you have any useful data on hacking SMB3, please post it in the this stickied thread in the new SMB3 Forum. We are also looking for someone to help run a SMB3 hacking Wiki.
Join the Kafuka Discord! (Click here)
Views: 5,567,429
Main | FAQ | IRC chat | Memberlist | Active users | Latest posts | Calendar | Stats | Ranks | Online users | Search
10-18-18 05:36 AM
Guest: Register | Login

0 users currently in Super Mario Bros. 3 Hacking | 1 guest

Main - Super Mario Bros. 3 Hacking - New SMB3 hack "THM", name to revealed at some point.
Next older thread

KP
Posted on 08-27-18 04:09 PM Link | ID: 140133
Acmlmistrator
NES Game Aficionado
Level: 67

EXP: 2478920
Next: 113952

Since: 01-02-12

Last post: 51 days
Last view: 35 min.
This is a hack I wanted to make for a long time. I've kept the name hidden for now, but I'll refer to it by its acronym, THM.

Here's an old video of THM's Ancestor, Obscure Kingdom, showing off its proof-of-concept level:

This code is now implemented across 8 worlds, and is working as intended.

Each world's coins have a certain power to them. Coins will add, in order:
1) star power
2) flight time
3) p-switch time
4) shell and ice block hold time
5) jump height
6) a mixture of p-switch time and hold time (Shares spiral graphic)
7) a mixture of star power and flight time (Shares spiral graphic)
8) death

THM has a few ASM hacks implemented. These include (so far) Various coin effects per-world (seen above), code to handle unique global graphics per-world (coins and blocks are part of global graphics), code to handle unique graphics for each world map (featured in Communist Mario 3). I have planned some more ASM changes, graphics related. Currently, the ship graphics share pages with the map graphics page, and only has three frames. I intend to separate those graphics out into their own pages and have the ship graphics use four frames instead of the vanilla 3.

Other changes so far include much faster overall game flow.

This group of changes speeds up n-spade games (seen above), message text, mushroom houses, after-stage waiting, faster 1-up sounds, boomboom explosions, and other behind the scenes stuff.

A few levels are done, but I struggle so hard with data management of levels and enemies. No title screen as of yet. I'll post more when I have more to show!

Jamie
Posted on 08-29-18 05:08 PM Link | ID: 140171

Banned by request
Level: 64

EXP: 2156780
Next: 57317

Since: 06-03-14

Last post: 8 hours
Last view: 8 hours
Seems like a nice, fresh and interesting concept. Hope to see work on it soon ^^

Googie
Posted on 10-06-18 07:35 PM Link | ID: 142048

Hammer Brother
I can finally ROM Hack again...
Level: 60

EXP: 1695477
Next: 77301

Since: 08-07-12

Last post: 6 days
Last view: 6 days
That's Gangsta! ^_^

Love Rollercoaster

maiku
Posted on 10-10-18 12:14 AM Link | ID: 142248
Newcomer

Level: 5

EXP: 355
Next: 174

Since: 02-13-18

Last post: 8 days
Last view: 8 days
Posted by KP
This is a hack I wanted to make for a long time. I've kept the name hidden for now, but I'll refer to it by its acronym, THM.

Here's an old video of THM's Ancestor, Obscure Kingdom, showing off its proof-of-concept level:

This code is now implemented across 8 worlds, and is working as intended.

Each world's coins have a certain power to them. Coins will add, in order:
1) star power
2) flight time
3) p-switch time
4) shell and ice block hold time
5) jump height
6) a mixture of p-switch time and hold time (Shares spiral graphic)
7) a mixture of star power and flight time (Shares spiral graphic)
8) death

THM has a few ASM hacks implemented. These include (so far) Various coin effects per-world (seen above), code to handle unique global graphics per-world (coins and blocks are part of global graphics), code to handle unique graphics for each world map (featured in Communist Mario 3). I have planned some more ASM changes, graphics related. Currently, the ship graphics share pages with the map graphics page, and only has three frames. I intend to separate those graphics out into their own pages and have the ship graphics use four frames instead of the vanilla 3.

Other changes so far include much faster overall game flow.

This group of changes speeds up n-spade games (seen above), message text, mushroom houses, after-stage waiting, faster 1-up sounds, boomboom explosions, and other behind the scenes stuff.

A few levels are done, but I struggle so hard with data management of levels and enemies. No title screen as of yet. I'll post more when I have more to show!

Are you still mining through dahrk daiz information he left behind or did you finish it ?
I played your last rom hack, while I didn't like it much.
You're asm skills in smb3 has really sky rocketed though.

Next older thread
Main - Super Mario Bros. 3 Hacking - New SMB3 hack "THM", name to revealed at some point.

Acmlmboard v2.5.4 (10/13/2018)
© 2005-2018 Acmlm, Emuz, et al.

Page rendered in 0.064 seconds. (630KB of memory used)
MySQL - queries: 74, rows: 476/510, time: 0.052 seconds.