Notings of Attention™
Acmlmboard 2 Released
Github/GIT | @acmlmboard
Chatting Places
Discord

Affiliates
Super Mario Bros. X | Kuribo64
Views: 8,981,833
Main | FAQ | IRC chat | Memberlist | Active users | Latest posts | Stats | Ranks | Online users | Search
04-16-24 01:15 PM
Guest: Register | Login

0 users currently in AcmlmBoard Developer Zone | 1 bot

Main - AcmlmBoard Developer Zone - Acmlmboard, where's it going?
Next newer thread | Next older thread

Pages: 1 2 3

Arisotura
Posted on 10-20-14 04:38 PM, in Link | ID: 77736
Developer
pancakes
Level: 83

EXP: 5406797
Next: 25424

Since: 01-05-12

Last post: 673 days
Last view: 212 days
Since activity on this project has declined quite a lot, I figured I'd make this thread.

Basically, we can either just provide Acmlmboard as-is to whoever has the curiosity, or try to be on par with the popular forum softwares.

If we're going for the latter, it will require dedication from everyone. The final product needs to be clean, polished, stable, intuitive, easy to use, and all that junk. It's time-consuming. We will also need to find places where we can show it off or yet better, find people who are sick of their phpBB install and want to switch to something else, and convince them to use Acmlmboard.

Blargboard has mostly been my attempt at going this route.

When it first went live, it was private, pretty much being to Kuribo64 what 'Acmlmboard b378.03' is to Jul-- my own ABXD version, tweaked to fit Kuribo64's needs.

Eventually, I offered Treeki/Ninjifox to use Blargboard as a replacement for RVLution's phpBB. This is when Blargboard went public, and adopted some features of popular forum softwares such as templates. RVLution was converted to Blargboard, and it was cool.

Since Blargboard was going that way already, I figured, hey why not attempt to distribute it?

In the end, how has that worked? The only serious board that ever used Blargboard (and wasn't mine) is RVLution. I attempted going out and advertising Blargboard. When it wasn't called spam and deleted, it just mostly went ignored. And that guy at TAZ shat on it because it's not up to today's retarded enterprisey standards (apparently, in that world, rewriting your code every two months to match the new standards is more important than adding features or fixing bugs).

So why am I mentioning Blargboard? Certainly not to try advertising it. At this point I don't really care anymore about it. I'm mostly using it as an example of what it takes to get your forum software popular these days. Needs dedication, and with the current amount of motivation within the AB2 team, it's not going to happen anytime soon.

Might as well talk about what I found lacking in the development process. We'd need to agree on coding standards and a good base framework.

In the current codebase, there are several styles mixed together making the thing messy. Hell there are even unused things that were never finished.

For example, HTML output. All the old files output hardcoded HTML with the help of that $L thing. There have been attempts to improve that. Kawa and DJBouche coded some layout functions. Some files are using them, but they aren't flexible enough to be used for the whole board. The way they work also causes nested array hell.

In my opinion, no predefined layout functions are going to cut it. We need to either use templates or stick to hardcoded HTML.

By the way, why is $L still a thing? It made sense to have such layout variables in the early HTML days, when CSS wasn't widely supported and color/background/whatever attributes had to be replicated all over the place. But now? All it does is allow to type less.

There are also a few other things like that. Some unused database code comes to mind.

Agreeing on coding standards would also avoid things like Scrydan going and turning all the codebase into a hopeless mess that eats all the server's RAM. Oh well, that's not an issue anymore, because he got butthurt and left, but you get the point.

Oh also, increased complexity. Although that's bound to happen with things like the permission system. But for example I still think the average query counts are high. Far better than the 100+ we'd get before, but still high.

So basically, what are we doing with that?

want some revolution in your coffee?

Emuz
Posted on 10-21-14 01:39 AM, in Link | ID: 77750
Site Administrator

11 Hit Combo:
Mother's Rosario
Level: 108

EXP: 13238589
Next: 281910

Since: 12-30-11

Last post: 134 days
Last view: 9 days
Obviously I would like option two, to bring it up to date. That's the whole point of this project.

I have been busy lately. When activity slowed the situation became more and more I was alone in the coding. That's just not sustainable as I am only at the level of an auxiliary coder at best, not to mention my free time is limited. Bigger tasks are stuff I wouldn't even try due to most of them alone.

The Project timeline is as follows (subject to change of course.)
v2.5.x -> Finish all the open features. Fix the permissions bugs.. I want at least a simple installer to make it easier to get going. (I have an updated list on another site, if you want just let me know and I'll get you connected to it) Also this is the last 'backward looking' version. So anything from AB 1.x that anyone thinks needs pulled over should be done so now.

v2.6.x - Once the previous list is met, I want to increment the minor version to 2.6. We'll use 2.6 has a stable version for a long period of time. The mindset going forward is to do the bigger changes. Code normalizations, proper headers on the code files, clean up of broken code (fix and make work or remove), templated interfaces etc. Basically whatever we decide. It should be what Arisotura alluded to.. on par or better than other forum software.

I would love a place to show it off, but as you know we don't have one at the moment. I have a very ideas of new ventures but they are underdeveloped and not going to go past my idle thoughts right now. I would rather someone else make something with Acmlmboard. It's good for the code, and Acmlm's work. :) Also I would like to move to github for 2.6.x as it does have more exposure than bitbucket. We also no longer need the private repos features that once brought us to bb.

Advertising won't work. The only thing you can do is to run in on a popular place. That'll make everyone want one. (although as you saw with blarg it may not be long lived ones.. or large scoped ones.)

One thing I would like to see in any new coding standard is to functionalize or objectify the sql. It would be nice to have one place to tweek it, patch it, or even allow for some obsurfication without having to go though all of the code to identify where the sql calls are. There should be less or no direct sql calls if we can help it. (I have crazy ideas for stored procedures which again, should never leave my idle thoughts.)

Regardless any coding standard should be drafted and agreed upon by all major participating parties.

Scrydan's codebase will never see the light of day. The good things he's done have already been migrated over. This 2.6 is not the same thing btw.

I would like to see templates over static. The goal should be to be identical to the html in the default mode. We can finally do a mobile version as well as go with a potentially more modern look.

I'm still not as bothered by the SQL count as you are. I tend to go by how the user facing side acts, and overall system resources on the backend. That said, the code prob. can't be full optimized until we start retooling.

The last thing I will mention is the other thing that has been discussed many many times by various people. We could consider the from scratch option. We could choose another language other than PHP and make a truly clean scratch built solution. I'm just putting it out there. That would be something that would take many more than what we have now. At one time there was more than 5 people independently interested in such a thing..

In conclusion. If others what to do this let's do it! However I can't continue to be the majority coder. I just am limited on my time resources. :( I would like to get the ball rolling again so that AB2.x doesn't go back to rotting. The idea was to make it usable by all so it's not locked into one forum or niche. I'd still like to see that happen. :D

The Dynamic Profile Administrator™

"Never Knows Best"
Note: if you can see this my layout broke. ALL THE CREDITS WILL BE REVEALED!!
'Victory Noriko' by @thatsheepagain.
'Chibi Dance Noriko' by @Haru__Kitsu.
'Deity's Night Out (Featuring Gabbie)'
by @thatsheepagain
Noriko Emotes by @Haru__Kitsu.
Side Bar Noriko by @thatsheepagain
'Noriko's Nature Walk' by @projectTiGER_
Emotive Noriko by @thatsheepagain.
"Space Candy Noriko" by BerryVerrine.
"Super Sharp Noriko" by Xionfes.
A gift illustration from the wonderful EverKinzPony!
"Magical Girl Noriko" by @cute_hospital!
"Patient Chibi Noriko" by @Ruii_ki!
'Dapper '60s Noriko' by @thatsheepagain.
'Shiny Chibi Noriko' by @inioli.
'Flower Veil Noriko' by @Sushiee_.
'Noriko in Realism' by @_Sarybuu.
'Noriko's Midnight Adventure' by @projectTiGER_
'Yukata Noriko' by @yunyunmaru_
'Birthday Wishes Noriko' by @thatsheepagain

KP
Posted on 10-21-14 05:42 AM, in Link | ID: 77757
Retired Staff
NES Game Aficionado
Level: 73

EXP: 3337884
Next: 147984

Since: 01-02-12

Last post: 1961 days
Last view: 1469 days
With all due respect to Acmlm, I think from a marketing standpoint, the board software moniker "Acmlmboard" should probably be ditched. It's a long standing tradition, it's a way of life, it's what Acmlm started; but at the end of the day it's not really going to help out your end goal.

If any of you know me by now, image is a big deal to me. I've gained insight by observing how people react emotionally and psychology to imagery and ideas. It killed me to be a part of board2 with such a name as it had. I never really felt the need to do anything for it because of how little I had to work with, and most reactions to my introduction of it were met with "wtf board2 lol what is this". At least with Kafuka, I have something to go off of. "Acmlmboard" doesn't jive well. Not to mention its past, with its negative connotations (security) and (respectfully) dated origin. The whole project was built around a scene, which, as painful as it is to admit, is really winding down.

It seems silly to me to market board software to a given demographic who undoubtedly have a myriad of uses with a name that only reflects what, to them, is enigmatic nonsense. There needs to be something fresh and attractive even to those who aren't necessarily looking for board software at the moment.

If you want this to be successful, you've really got to switch tracks on this. Coding is important, but execution of an idea is just as important as the execution of the underlying code of a function.

Emuz
Posted on 10-21-14 10:58 AM, in Link | ID: 77764
Site Administrator

11 Hit Combo:
Mother's Rosario

Very true KP.

However we cannot rebrand "The official" AB2 as anything other than Acmlm's. This is still his software and really we have to leave it labeled as such, with connotations either good or bad.

Now that I said that we do have two viable options. We could fork AB2. However, I am against that as it's like starting with a pile of mismatched code. If we're going to bother editing AB2 we should continue it as the name it currently is known as.

I think Bouche is traveling back to Australia so I don't think I'll hear from him in a while. I'm hoping he'll be willing to weigh in too.

However, as Bouche and I have talked about.. if we recode the board we aren't stuck with any labels. We can say 'inspired by Acmlmboard" or even never mention it at all. Plus we can get away from PHP and I'd like that. I really am just not a fan at all of PHP. We could take the best of what makes Acmlm's Acmlm's, build it on a modern core, and make it stand up to any of the other choices.

"Never Knows Best"
by @thatsheepagain

Kawa
Posted on 10-21-14 01:51 PM, in Link | ID: 77767
Retired Staff

Not okay
Prophet of Celestia
Level: 93

EXP: 7990755
Next: 62055

Since: 01-01-12

Last post: 2018 days
Last view: 333 days
The whole branding thing is part of why ABXD is only ever written like that.

I too would like to move away from PHP but Rails confuses and angers me. Well, so does PHP but for different reasons.

Arisotura
Posted on 10-21-14 02:03 PM, in Link | ID: 77768
Developer
pancakes

The issue is that anything else than PHP will raise the entry barrier.

Moving would be good though. PHP was designed for quick, lazy progamming from day one, and that shows.

Emuz
Posted on 10-21-14 02:33 PM, in Link | ID: 77773
Site Administrator

11 Hit Combo:
Mother's Rosario

Posted by StapleButter
The issue is that anything else than PHP will raise the entry barrier.

Moving would be good though. PHP was designed for quick, lazy progamming from day one, and that shows.

Entry barrier being raised? Perhaps. However it could also open up more seasoned programmers who hate PHP and would love to work on something like this, just not in PHP. We'd also be able to separate ourselves even more from the older AB stuff.

As you said we can start clean in a language that has better resource management, and isn't as exploitable (compared to PHP, swiss cheese is a good for holding liquid).

I think anyone who really wants to work on it, would be willing to make the jump to another language. Also starting from a new lanuage means no preconceived coding styles should clutter everything up. We can do it all in one style easier.

If we have one experienced person in the language we choose I don't think we'll have any problems with the people here who want to work on the project. Ruby and sapphire Python Bouche has mastered. (ruby for his job at IFTTT). Learn as you go with a solid plan and a good spec :D

"Never Knows Best"
by @thatsheepagain

Arisotura
Posted on 10-21-14 02:45 PM, in Link | ID: 77774
Developer
pancakes

Haha, I like that comparison. Well, PHP itself is okay security wise, as long as you disable shit like magic_quotes and register_globals and remember to do things right.

It definitely lacks safety code wise, though. Typo in a variable name? It automatically declares another variable for you. Typo in a constant name? It assumes you meant the corresponding string. And so on.

PHP notices warn you about that shit. But in a codebase like AB2, they get drowned among a ton of warnings about shit like $user[name] and other meaningless shit.

Another language would be good as long as it's sane. Python could be a good choice I guess. I'd have to take a while and learn it, but who knows, can be useful.

Nicole
Posted on 10-21-14 04:20 PM, in Link | ID: 77776
Administrator
Goddess of the Apocalypse
Level: 199

EXP: 111455462
Next: 1681622

Since: 01-03-12

Last post: 248 days
Last view: 248 days
8200 4486 14
I've discussed Acmlmboard 2.x with Mary before, her opinion at the time was also that a recode would be a good idea- specifically she was concerned that use of outdated PHP coding practices (though she's quite a fan of modern object-oriented PHP) would leave Kafuka insecure. (Or, to say what she actually did: she begged me to let her hack the forum, to which I was opposed :P)

Unfortunately I myself have not done any web programming; though I have been meaning to learn Python, so if you do go with that maybe it'd be a good learning experience for me.

Arisotura
Posted on 10-21-14 04:50 PM, in Link | ID: 77777
Developer
pancakes

I don't think outdated practices are directly a security risk. AFAIK all the queries have everything escaped, register_globals isn't in use anymore, and so on, so it should be pretty secure.

I'm not against OOP when it actually makes sense. Like, when certain things are better represented with objects, because it makes the code more modular or whatever. Or even cases like the MySQL interface, where it's nice to have the internal variables encapsulated and not global.

But OOP for the sake of it? Fuck no. If Acmlmboard turns this way, I'm leaving. Sadly making every damned little thing an object is part of 'today's retarded enterprisey standards' as I put it. They want to make code more modular, which is a good idea, but overdoing it turns your code into a big tangled mess of objects and references. There are some variables, like in our case $sql or $L, which are going to be used everywhere, and having them globally accessible is far better than putting them in some classes forcing you to go through 15 layers of classes to find what you want.

They also enjoy splitting stuff in tons of separate classes, which is also not so much a good practice. For example, this is init code for Smarty vs Twig.

require_once '/path/to/lib/Twig/Autoloader.php';
Twig_Autoloader::register();

$loader = new Twig_Loader_Filesystem('/path/to/templates');
$twig = new Twig_Environment($loader, array(
'cache' => '/path/to/compilation_cache',
));

Twig init code taken from their site.

include(__DIR__."/smarty/Smarty.class.php");
$tpl = new Smarty;

Smarty init code from Blargboard.

Ignoring that autoloader thing I don't get the point of (maybe I missed something there, but what's wrong with just include()ing code files?), notice how many objects are involved. $loader is apparently meant to be the part that loads template files, while $twig is the 'environment' responsible for rendering them.

What is the point of separating the two like that? An environment without a loader would be pointless, and vice versa.

Being able to load templates from different sources is an interesting feature, but in this implementation, it comes to the price of having to keep track of two objects instead of just one.

Oh well, maybe I'm being rusty. I dunno, but when I code shit, my main concerns are simplicity and performance (and security when it applies). Their main concern is... making everything an object. And making even more objects for creating and managing those objects. And retardedness doesn't only apply to PHP; everywhere programming seems to be like "who cares if we waste resources, we have plenty of those!".

Kawa
Posted on 10-21-14 04:54 PM, in Link | ID: 77778
Retired Staff

Not okay
Prophet of Celestia

Obviously, the solution is to write a small mostly self-contained webserver in C.

I'm not even joking.

Arisotura
Posted on 10-21-14 05:01 PM, in Link | ID: 77779
Developer
pancakes

Could be an interesting idea, heh. The best part is that portability wouldn't be too much of a concern since all sane webservers run Linux.

But this'd raise the bar even higher than, say, Python. You'd need a VPS to run such a thing.

But my God, if that shit works (and is secure, with all the risks of buffer overflow and shit), would it be fast!

(although 'reinvent the wheel' syndrome should also be avoided)

Kawa
Posted on 10-21-14 05:56 PM, in Link | ID: 77780
Retired Staff

Not okay
Prophet of Celestia

I'd probably do it in C# myself but the concept stands. Ask Chelsie about compatibility.

Emuz
Posted on 10-21-14 10:26 PM, in Link | ID: 77790
Site Administrator

11 Hit Combo:
Mother's Rosario

C# and mono work really well, or can in the right hands. I love the concept of a C web board with integrated sql and httpd. The ultimate in gurrella servery. However to me that seems more like an experimental project and something someone in the 'outside' would be likely to pick up. Unfortunately I think we'll have to put that idea on the "future fun" shelf.

OOP. Well I will say out right I am a functionally minded programmer. I tend to make many functions for repeated tasks, and treat classes as bundles of functions that effect one area. (SQL is a good example.) I would use OOP how the language chosen uses it. Unfortunately if we went with Ruby we would need to use OOP as it is a hyper-object oriented language. Regardless, I am similarly minded to Arisotura's statement. Function with OOP elements as they make sense. I would expect that we should make functions for things that reoccur so we don't have fucking play hide-and-seek to fix anything in said code routine. Speedy, secure, code is concise with good comments and etc.

Another thing we should talk about is the database itself. We should really spec out the table structure, and any store procedures while we spec out the code. The database can do more than just store the data. In fact it could easily handle more of the work if we take advantage of view tables and the like.

I read an article a while ago where as part of their security a site took a phpBB board and reworked it to only call defined stored procedures and disallow that db user to do anything but SP, and select. This created another limitation of trying to hack via query bleed. Not saying we should do that at all, but it's an example of some newer ideas we could try with MySQL too.

One advantage to python is we know people who have made board software in the past who can give us pointers. Another is there are more sites with default python installs than say Ruby. Another is it seems like more people may have interest in it as well. ( Nicole for example)

"Never Knows Best"
by @thatsheepagain

Ninji
Posted on 10-22-14 12:12 AM, in Link | ID: 77796
Normal User

toasters
Level: 23

EXP: 67060
Next: 663

Since: 09-08-12

Last post: 3464 days
Last view: 3429 days
Just gonna put in my two cents on a few of the points brought up here...

Switching away from PHP
The biggest issue with this is that it would raise the entry barrier required to run whatever this software ends up being. As awful as PHP is, it's easy to get a script going... This is both a good and a bad thing, I guess?

I like Ruby as a language but I'm not a massive fan of Rails. Python is wonderful. Flask is pretty awesome too, though you don't have to go with that, I'm just mentioning it because it's what I have experience with.

You probably already know that last year I was writing my own AcmlmBoard-inspired software in Python: https://github.com/Treeki/bitBoard

I grew a strong dislike for SQLAlchemy but I really enjoyed working with everything else. So much nicer than PHP.

C web server
As awesome as this is... no. I've always wanted to do something like that for fun. No one would take it seriously though, and probably for good reason.

While you CAN implement a simple httpd pretty easily... a quick and dirty data storage layer is probably not going to be very efficient, at least when dealing with substantial amounts of data. (Though I guess you could just call into SQLite or something.)

SQL Injection
Posted by Emuz
I read an article a while ago where as part of their security a site took a phpBB board and reworked it to only call defined stored procedures and disallow that db user to do anything but SP, and select. This created another limitation of trying to hack via query bleed. Not saying we should do that at all, but it's an example of some newer ideas we could try with MySQL too.
This is really silly IMO. Just use prepared statements and you'll never run into SQL injection flaws. Ever. By all means, use stored procedures if you want - but don't do it just because of SQLi (assuming that's what you meant by 'query bleed').

OOP
Can't say I care for OOP abuse either. I like using classes to encapsulate things that logically go together, make code clearer, and allow for reuse. That's about it.

This fine bulletin board posting is best viewed using Netscape Navigator" 3.0 on Microsoft® Windows 95 or Mac OS 8.0, with a screen resolution of at least 640 by 480 pixels.

Emuz
Posted on 10-22-14 10:43 AM, in Link | ID: 77807
Site Administrator

11 Hit Combo:
Mother's Rosario

Yeah, I that's the biggest challenge. Anything other than PHP is going to have a higher barrier of entry. However, I think if we do it right we can mitigate some of those issues.

Flask is the framework I would actually have put forward if Python is selected for something like this.

Wasn't SQLAcademy also a bit bloated? I am very unfamilure with python modules so what would you have gone with now?

The SQL SP example was nothing more than a silly example. It really adds overcomplication which in itself adds security holes. :) Prepared statements will be a spec on anything new. It's really a given.

Question for all: So should I open this thread to the general dev forum?

"Never Knows Best"
by @thatsheepagain

Ninji
Posted on 10-22-14 10:54 AM, in Link | ID: 77808
Normal User

toasters
Level: 23

EXP: 67060
Next: 663

Since: 09-08-12

Last post: 3464 days
Last view: 3429 days
Posted by Emuz
Yeah, I that's the biggest challenge. Anything other than PHP is going to have a higher barrier of entry. However, I think if we do it right we can mitigate some of those issues.
Yeah... Then again, you could look at it from a different perspective:

PHP-based forum software is everywhere. An AB2 written in PHP doesn't have much going for it over many of these packages, like FluxBB and even ABXD/Blargboard. It's more of the same, essentially.

You will have a wider potential audience - but how many of these users will realistically contribute to the AB2 ecosystem, either by contributing to the software (ideas, suggestions, patches, ...) or by maintaining a successful board? As StapleButter mentioned, RVLution (and Kuribo64) are the only Blargboard-based sites that ever actually went anywhere. Both of these could have been run as non-PHP apps as well.

On the other paw, not much exists in the way of forum software that isn't PHP. A high-quality and lightweight forum package in another language would fill a niche that's rather empty right now, and you may be able to attract contributors and users who would have not given this software a second look if it was just another PHP board.

Posted by Emuz
Wasn't SQLAcademy also a bit bloated? I am very unfamilure with python modules so what would you have gone with now?

Yeah.. I'm not a massive fan of SQLAlchemy, but I'm not sure what else would be a good choice - unless you just went for talking to the MySQL DB directly or something.

Posted by Emuz
Question for all: So should I open this thread to the general dev forum?
I'd say yes - other users may be able to contribute valuable input to some of these discussion points!

This fine bulletin board posting is best viewed using Netscape Navigator" 3.0 on Microsoft® Windows 95 or Mac OS 8.0, with a screen resolution of at least 640 by 480 pixels.

Kawa
Posted on 10-22-14 11:09 AM, in Link | ID: 77809
Retired Staff

Not okay
Prophet of Celestia

Fuck it, I'm gonna make a proof of concept.

Probably with flat files for storage, like the first AcmlmBoard had.

Emuz
Posted on 10-22-14 07:34 PM, in Link | ID: 77816
Site Administrator

11 Hit Combo:
Mother's Rosario

Posted by Ninji
Yeah... Then again, you could look at it from a different perspective:

PHP-based forum software is everywhere. An AB2 written in PHP doesn't have much going for it over many of these packages, like FluxBB and even ABXD/Blargboard. It's more of the same, essentially.

You will have a wider potential audience - but how many of these users will realistically contribute to the AB2 ecosystem, either by contributing to the software (ideas, suggestions, patches, ...) or by maintaining a successful board? As StapleButter mentioned, RVLution (and Kuribo64) are the only Blargboard-based sites that ever actually went anywhere. Both of these could have been run as non-PHP apps as well.

On the other paw, not much exists in the way of forum software that isn't PHP. A high-quality and lightweight forum package in another language would fill a niche that's rather empty right now, and you may be able to attract contributors and users who would have not given this software a second look if it was just another PHP board.

Yeah. That's a good way of putting it. It's a 'less fish in the pond' syndrome. Being new it would attract people in a similar way Acmlm did with his board. It was very unique and filled the nitche that one could have a board without paying/pirating UBB/VBB.

12:57:11 StapleButter | sounding nice, all that
12:57:45 StapleButter | just hopin' that if we go with another language, potential audience won't expect us to be 'revolutionary' as in be Discourse or some silly crap

Well I don't think we have to be revolutionary. A good product is all we need. Some small revolutionary accomplishments won't hurt of course. We'd still be writing forum software after all. :)

Go Kawa, Go! :) I'll be very interested in your results!

"Never Knows Best"
by @thatsheepagain

Emuz
Posted on 10-23-14 10:49 AM, in (rev. 2 of 10-23-14 12:16 PM by Emuz) Link | ID: 77827
Site Administrator

11 Hit Combo:
Mother's Rosario

So Arisotura and I quickly started hashing out what Makes an Acmlmboard, and what we think we should look at from other boards.

The List:
Post Layouts
Simple Dark default appearance/theme (I would add a 'light mode'/good css control to allow for light themes)
More Complete RPG System
HTML posts
User titles
Bios & profile fields (flexible like the system on the board now, but not half implemented)
Permission System
The colors of the default groups
BB-code
Better implemented Toolbar
Syndromes
Ranks

Suggestion of a "markdown" mode was made a

So if you have suggestions for new features, as well as Acmlmboard components not listed just post in in here.

Edit: Ninji just linked me to this: http://blog.miguelgrinberg.com/post/the-flask-mega-tutorial-part-i-hello-world

Looks like templateing is built in to flask. I've just look at the first two pages of this as I am at work. Check it out!

"Never Knows Best"
by @thatsheepagain
Pages: 1 2 3

Next newer thread | Next older thread
Main - AcmlmBoard Developer Zone - Acmlmboard, where's it going?

Acmlmboard v2.5.5 (10/04/2020)
© 2005-2024 Acmlm, Emuz, et al.

Page rendered in 0.115 seconds. (977KB of memory used)
MySQL - queries: 239, rows: 707/743, time: 0.082 seconds.